Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I dont give a F#$% if you found more microline!  (Read 794 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
I dont give a F#$% if you found more microline!
« on: December 26, 2007, 12:49:00 pm »

Mining announcements and automatically taking me to the event suck ASS.

There I said it.

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Project HEX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: I dont give a F#$% if you found more microline!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »

First...

and seriously every strata of rock they must announce it

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »

Atleast with stone they only announce it once per vein/cluster on a z level...with magma or damp stone you get the message FOR EVERY TILE!!! and then, for kicks, you have to re designate it...
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Anvilsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »

bernet cancels give a F#$%: found more microline.

And, yah, microline isn't all that important. There's a menu letting us forbid/allow the use of certain economic stone for masonry/stonecrafting work; why not set up an extra option there to stop receiving new cluster announcements?

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

why do you post the exact same topic as you already did in the suggestions forum?

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dyze:
<STRONG>why do you post the exact same topic as you already did in the suggestions forum?</STRONG>

Its that friggin upsetting thats why. Not to mention I spelled it right this time. Im in the middle of buildin a friggin wall section by friggin section and every two seconds my friggin legendary miner feels the need to draw my attention to his piddly find. Let alone if i have more than one miner goin.  Dont they frickin know the goblins are on their way back?????

[ December 26, 2007: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »

I was mining exploratory tunnels all over under my fortress, and I was quite annoyed to find out that when you find some kind of ore on a level they don't inform you if you hit it again...

Very annoying, since I wanted my legendary miners to mine out the stuff. Now I have several ores that disapeared due to the novice miner mining them out...

I am on a hot streak... literally.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »

I wish you could set out the pause of everything. I'm not interested if a dwarf gave birth to a baby, or if a kobold wasd spotted in the middle of my barracks full of soldiers (though it would be useful if they were running with something instead just trying to enter the fortress)or even if a dwarf got a mood, claimed a  workshop, and made a artifact (though at least one of these three would be ok)

Dwarf Fortress has a problem - you can't get much information in seeing the game running - you gather info by pausing the game, and this way the game won't run. Therefore, I let the game most of the time running on the background. It is terrible annoying when you return half an hour later and two minutes after you let the game running alone a dwarf gave birth.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 07:40:00 pm »

Did you try to turn the option about how often you have messaged off in the option menu in game?

When I begin a game, I always set it to full. I then know whenever someone stop working to sleep, to eat, and etc. If you set it to off, it will possibly make the gun run without messages?

I am on a hot streak... literally.