Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released  (Read 165508 times)

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released
« Reply #495 on: February 26, 2011, 07:56:57 am »

Fresh water, aye. My dwarves used it as a water source when I was doing the Science!, neglecting my responsibilities as a brewer ;)

Results of what little Science! I did yesterday:
- No matter what I did, no grass would grow on my muddied stone NOR did it regrow in the caverns.
- Underground plants and trees would not grow on muddied stone in the ocean biome. They DID grow on soil and on muddied stone in the non-ocean biome.
- Grass DID grow in direct sunlight (which means: The soil layers NOT indoor; those seem to be occupied by the underground plants. Perhaps they override the grass growth?)
- Dwarfs don't respond well to a lack of booze, a troll killing their friends and twenty starved, rotten sheep in their dining hall.

Going to start a new game now, far away from the ocean. Will edit my results in.

Edit: Just noticed that I had surface grass in my caverns, not moss and stuff.

Anyway, new embark, dug into the caverns (properly filled with moss and lichen), muddied some stone, no grass growth; mushrooms are growing, though. I will just have to wait for those bugfixes concerning the grass/cavern growth. :-/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:54:30 am by Haekel »

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2011, 08:26:10 pm »

I think I just have a bug in my new fortress. I received two new dwarves in the spring immigration who appears to be clones of each other. Literally.

I just used the game interface to change the labour on one dwarf and the other dwarf automatically followed suit. Their skills are the same. Their attributes, personality, even a cursory glance at their likes and dislikes are the same.

Frankly, its a civilisation that looks like they worship Chaos. A god that represents disease and deformity, another god that represent chaos, one that represent war, one that represent wealth, trade and fortress.  Nurgle. Tzeentech. Khorne. A weaker form of Slaanesh. So, even if tis a bug, damn its cool.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2011, 09:59:24 pm »

I think I just have a bug in my new fortress. I received two new dwarves in the spring immigration who appears to be clones of each other. Literally.

I just used the game interface to change the labour on one dwarf and the other dwarf automatically followed suit. Their skills are the same. Their attributes, personality, even a cursory glance at their likes and dislikes are the same.

Could you post the save game file? You can use http://dffd.wimbli.com/

Toady has mentioned that souls and bodies are now seperate, but linked, so it appears that one soul has two bodies assigned. This would be a very interesting bug to experiment with.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2011, 10:03:12 pm »

Could you post the save game file? You can use http://dffd.wimbli.com/

Toady has mentioned that souls and bodies are now seperate, but linked, so it appears that one soul has two bodies assigned. This would be a very interesting bug to experiment with.

Hm. If they are in the military, do they both get the same equipment? I know there are bugs with extra hands "holding" nonexistent copies of an item. What happens with an extra body doing it?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2011, 04:16:53 am »

What happens if one of them dies?

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2011, 05:15:48 am »

Back up this save ASAP and post it on the file depot. We need this!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:53 am »

According to the text exports, there should be members of other races in major sites (that is, towns, currently). Has anyone actually seen these migrants? After never really running into any of them, but not really looking, I've wandered through what I believe to be a good chunk of a site that should have 137 members of the founding race and 54 of another one, and yet I've seen only members of the first race (there should also be 366 cats and 10 sheep, but I suspect pets wandering about isn't in yet anyway).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

shadur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:41 am »

I cannot seem to get this version to work in 64-bit linux -- it keeps claiming that the index file is corrupted (it isn't; the exact same file works fine on my 32bit linux install on the work comp).

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »

Simply wonderful, but I have one question about the bugfix stuff here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Am I correct in assuming that these will not be implimented until 31.20 is out, or is there a patch available?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2011, 02:22:36 pm »

Simply wonderful, but I have one question about the bugfix stuff here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Am I correct in assuming that these will not be implimented until 31.20 is out, or is there a patch available?

You are correct.  DF just has releases, not hotfixes or patches as such.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:24:44 pm by Footkerchief »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2011, 02:43:46 pm »

Cool thanks :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 28, 2011, 07:42:56 pm »

You are correct.  DF just has releases, not hotfixes or patches as such.

Except if you count the old catmouth fix (ONE line to add to cats to make them stop complaining they had no mouths). But that was a loong while back now.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2011, 09:55:10 pm »

Well now this is damn strange.

I had my military all set to train, and they were boppin about doing their thing. I saw them go back to civilian duties some time later, and thought it was just scheduled downtime. Next migrant wave, I go to assign the new meatshields to squads only to find out that I have no military commander and no squads. Thinking I had just unintentionally removed him from his position, I reassign the militia commander and set about reconstructing the squad... only to find that the dwarves who were in it before the wipe were unable to be assigned to any squad. I tried looking them up on the Units screen, and ultimately found them listed apart from the rest of their professions, below the children.

Experimenting, I tried to assign them as nobles, and found that I could. From the noble screen I assigned one of them to be a militia captain, and although a squad was not automatically created (like it should have been) I found I could make a new squad from the military screen and he would show up as a possible dwarf. Removing him from his noble position made him appear on the regular screen again, allowing me to put him in his old squad under his old commander.

No harm no foul, I suppose, but damned peculiar nonetheless. Has anyone heard anything like it?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2011, 10:05:23 pm »

I tried looking them up on the Units screen, and ultimately found them listed apart from the rest of their professions, below the children.

This part is most likely a known bug that got fixed today: 0004069: Dwarves with newly added professions (Shearer, Spinner, Glazer, Presser, etc) are misplaced in unit list

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 28, 2011, 10:20:53 pm »

I tried looking them up on the Units screen, and ultimately found them listed apart from the rest of their professions, below the children.

This part is most likely a known bug that got fixed today: 0004069: Dwarves with newly added professions (Shearer, Spinner, Glazer, Presser, etc) are misplaced in unit list

Ah, yeah that's what is going on there. Half of them just happened to be good cannon fodder. I actually had just realized that, since I'm tracking who was in the squad to begin with by looking at who left their socks and shoes at the edge of the map because they didn't fit their new uniforms. I (think) I've got it all straightened out now, but I'd be interested to hear if this was just an isolated incident.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36