Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released  (Read 165598 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2011, 07:59:21 am »

Simply wonderful, but I have one question about the bugfix stuff here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Am I correct in assuming that these will not be implimented until 31.20 is out, or is there a patch available?

You are correct.  DF just has releases, not hotfixes or patches as such.

Except if you count the old catmouth fix (ONE line to add to cats to make them stop complaining they had no mouths). But that was a loong while back now.
I suppose the unoffcial fix mods that cropped up when 31.01 came out (the ones that cleaned up odd raw errors as they were discovered) could count as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2011, 11:10:35 pm »

Interesting new wrinkle to my situation: apparently, the dwarves do not show up in the squad (and thus cannot be removed or added, nor can their equipment be managed) but they still activate with the squad. I have reached this conclusion after activating my military to stand ready to repel a Minotaur attack, and found one of the previous squad members (who I had not added back to the squad with my workaround since I didn't remember who he was) showing up with everyone else, although without weapons or armor.

Still don't know what caused it, I'll go poke around Mantis in a bit. Gotta stand off this Minotaur first :D

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2011, 02:37:28 am »

Interesting new wrinkle to my situation: apparently, the dwarves do not show up in the squad (and thus cannot be removed or added, nor can their equipment be managed) but they still activate with the squad. I have reached this conclusion after activating my military to stand ready to repel a Minotaur attack, and found one of the previous squad members (who I had not added back to the squad with my workaround since I didn't remember who he was) showing up with everyone else, although without weapons or armor.

Still don't know what caused it, I'll go poke around Mantis in a bit. Gotta stand off this Minotaur first :D

Does this report explain what you're seeing?  If not, a new report may be in order.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 02, 2011, 01:37:29 pm »

Does this report explain what you're seeing?  If not, a new report may be in order.

Thanks Foot, my search-fu is weak. I'm willing to bet its the same bug- I added my information to the report.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 02, 2011, 01:56:02 pm »

Haha, no problem.  I only knew about that report because I'm home sick from work, which means I finally had a chance to catch up on bug tracker duties.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:52 pm »

After all initial shock and revulsion...

mineral scarcity is totally bomb.

overvalued hives bring the hurt and nest boxes draw up terrors from the depths.

I like it.

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 03, 2011, 05:51:08 am »

Do we have any form of an ETA on the bugfix release? It was one to two weeks I thought, but that was now over 2 weeks ago.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #517 on: March 03, 2011, 07:18:53 am »

The idea is to do a bug fix with the new bugs, and then to spend one to two weeks with old bugs, so the timer hasn't even started yet.  That said, the first one should probably be up in a few days.  I won't get to all of the bugs with the new stuff with the first release, but I might clean up more of those with the old bugs depending on what's left.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

TowerWizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 03, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

Dwarf Fortress sure is a game of great depth and complexity, and from my first few tries I am glad I tried the game again (it was a looong time ago!). However, after failing at finding any metal in a sedimentary layer (chert), I checked the forums, and it seems many others have this problem.

No metal in a game about mining.

I sure hope future versions fix this. Frankly I am perplexed how meal could be left out in the first place.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 03, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »

it's not left out, it's rare.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 03, 2011, 12:42:02 pm »

Dwarf Fortress sure is a game of great depth and complexity, and from my first few tries I am glad I tried the game again (it was a looong time ago!). However, after failing at finding any metal in a sedimentary layer (chert), I checked the forums, and it seems many others have this problem.

I sure hope future versions fix this. Frankly I am perplexed how meal could be left out in the first place.

The new site finder is a godsend- I've never had problems finding metal while using it.

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 03, 2011, 01:14:23 pm »

The new site finder is a godsend- I've never had problems finding metal while using it.

I did. I found lots and lots of cobaltite, orthoclase and microcline, though. ;)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 03, 2011, 01:40:41 pm »

Minecraft is a game about mining. Dwarf Fortress is a game about dwarven fortresses.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 03, 2011, 01:41:48 pm »

Minecraft is a game about mining. Dwarf Fortress is a game about dwarven fortresses.

And Dwarves turning Elves into !!Elves!!. And somtimes the Dwarves end up turning themselves into !!Dwarves!!.

mrbaggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 03, 2011, 08:45:44 pm »

The idea is to do a bug fix with the new bugs, and then to spend one to two weeks with old bugs, so the timer hasn't even started yet.  That said, the first one should probably be up in a few days.  I won't get to all of the bugs with the new stuff with the first release, but I might clean up more of those with the old bugs depending on what's left.

Most excellent, thanks muchly for the update.

Guess I'll stick with .18 for a little while longer then. Prob go to .19 after the first round of bugs are sorted.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36