Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598138 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1020 on: November 03, 2018, 01:41:28 pm »

I don't know if making a link is possible because I don't use it, but I heard Destiny 2 is free on the Battle.net client for a couple weeks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: November 03, 2018, 02:57:18 pm »

I don't know if making a link is possible because I don't use it, but I heard Destiny 2 is free on the Battle.net client for a couple weeks.
Yup. Until the 18th.

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 04, 2018, 01:57:07 pm »

Anyone have seen FreeMars? Much like Colonization IN SPACE, on Free Realm engine. Has some… trekkie physics, but other than that, curious.
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1023 on: November 06, 2018, 04:04:16 pm »

Seems like a sorta rudimentary FreeCiv with an extensive Mars-themed overhaul.
Needs some QoL improvements, like automated transports/caravans, but overall pretty decent.
I've put in at least a half dozen hours since you posted about it.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 07, 2018, 07:30:36 am »

FreeMars
FreeCiv
Oh man. Made me remember the extended Civ2: Test of Time campaign. Good times.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:04:43 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 26, 2018, 12:48:59 pm »

I have no idea since when it is free as i just run into it, and if it's for a limited time or not, but if you're desesperate for an old dos platformer you have the 3 episodes of Jill of the Jungle on gog free
https://www.gog.com/index.php/game/jill_of_the_jungle_the_complete_trilogy

While in its time it was very very far from my favorite platformer, it's interesting to point for the anecdote that it's this game sales that managed to put Epic in the market and finance their further games at the time.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 27, 2018, 02:14:34 pm »

I gave Free Mars a try after watching Nookrium's videos about it.

I really want to love this game. On one hand you have mechanics like the division of labor (how many will work at the mines/farms/industries etc vs how many will be free to build improvements) which deliver on the feeling that you just have a handful of people struggling to make a living on a barely hospitable (and potentially hostile) planet and on the other hand you can disregard them completely because you can buy new colonist/buildings/weapons with impunity. The UI is serviceable but it doesn't do the game any favor either.

The game also suffers (IMO) from the same problem as Stellaris. Every run starts essentially the same, no variation on what (or how many) units are available so early game is the same cycle over and over again. Granted it's supposed to still be in development but I'm not sure if the developer is still active.

edit: After playing some more I feel like the game is a lot more enjoyable if you just ignore the  pop up missions and expand your colonies at your own pace.

edit#2: It seems like the dev has picked it up again and release a new version a couple months ago (26/3/19)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 10:47:07 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 01, 2018, 09:23:12 am »

Every run starts essentially the same, no variation on what (or how many) units are available so early game is the same cycle over and over again.
I'd say most 4x games are like that.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 02, 2018, 12:23:42 pm »

That's dissapointing, I haven't played other 4x games and I thought these were somewhat isolated incidents.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 06, 2018, 09:10:49 pm »

Apparently CS:GO went free-to-play today.

The CS:GO Steam board now eclipses Sifto as the world's biggest salt mine. The funny part is, many of those REEEing over the whole thing and demanding refunds are people who have triple-digit playtimes. Frankly, if you've played 300 hours total, you've long since got your money's worth.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:21 am »

Welp, guess this means I'm going to be joining the game as it's nearing its decline, if Team Fortress 2 is anything to go by.

Still - a game is a game.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 07, 2018, 07:09:05 am »

Team fortress 2 is actually doing quite well iirc

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 07, 2018, 03:12:03 pm »

"I am not a Monster" free on Steam "for a limited time".

Seems pretty interesting, nice retro scifi style and has some good reviews.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 07, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »

Looks like it costs money, at least for me... I don't know.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 140