Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 608343 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1260 on: May 17, 2020, 11:56:30 am »

Some of the Lego games are fine but they are basically just the movies.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 17, 2020, 05:37:39 pm »

The starwars ones were fine. Good to pass the time. And life saving if you have kids around.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 17, 2020, 09:40:39 pm »

Lego City Undercover (or as I call it, Grand Theft Lego) was IMO the best of the bunch.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 18, 2020, 06:13:50 am »

My nephew highly enjoyed the Lego Avengers one,  it probably helped that he likes the serie of marvel movies a lot as this lego game was set in the movies serie, not in the comic book universe (unlike a couple of other lego marvel  games).

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 18, 2020, 01:20:35 pm »

I once played the demo of that one on my brother in law playstation 4, seemed interesing indeed.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 18, 2020, 05:26:20 pm »

Okay, it seems less ashes and more "anything with a stardock launcher" -- I'm seeing it with sins of a solar empire, too (mistook it for ashes, worked out anyway :P). It also seems to be strictly the multiplayer content, not the full game. So the answer seems to be 'yes, but actually no', heh.
How did it work for you? I see the link in SoSE launcher but accessing it tells me to first launch the game. I launch the game, reload the promotions webpage and it keeps telling me "A problem has occured" and to open the game first. Do I need Stardock account?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 18, 2020, 05:32:12 pm »

I have no idea! Got zero interest in playing the game in question, heh. Was just confirming the offer apparently exists. What it takes to actually take advantage of it I got no clue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 21, 2020, 03:00:24 pm »

Civilization 6 is free on Epic Game Store.
What's the deal with EGS? They giving a major title away for free every week now?

EDIT: the Aztec DLC is included with the deal
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 03:38:23 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2020, 03:47:14 pm »

I can only assume they're not happy about how much their other gimmicks have cut into Steam's market dominence, so they're stepping up their promos to try to expand their userbase "in these trying [i.e., sedentary] times".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 21, 2020, 04:33:04 pm »

I mean, they've been doing free games since they launched, they've just moved the timetable to be weekly now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 21, 2020, 07:24:14 pm »

Since the Metro scandal I dislike them back then but didn't pay much to it anyway (it wasn't like I'm buying games anyway), then the chinese spyware hit and decided NEVER fall for it, they'll have to literally gift out almost all Warhammer, Starcraft and Age of Empires games combined to even get me to think about it.

One could always try the GOG Galaxy program but I'm sure it stills require you to install the Epic program anyway. Also I'm sure my Toaster would implode into a black hole if I even try to install something like Civ 6
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:25:53 pm by LordBaal »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:07 pm »

Civilization 6 is free on Epic Game Store.
What's the deal with EGS? They giving a major title away for free every week now?

EDIT: the Aztec DLC is included with the deal

They've been doing that for a real long time. Maybe a year?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 22, 2020, 10:48:27 am »

I believe the question was not so much about whether they've been giving away games, but rather the prominence of the games given away. That's certainly how I interpreted the question.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 22, 2020, 12:54:49 pm »

It makes sense in those game store wars situation with steam/ubi/epic/ea, to attract more potential customers to your own store it's logical to give away big titles rather than minor or crappy ones (especially if one of your competition gives away a popular game).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:01:18 pm by Robsoie »

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 22, 2020, 01:01:51 pm »

They are also giving away just the base game of Civ 6. I've seen it go on sale for pretty cheap before, but the expansions seem to stay fairly high priced, so I imagine this isn't hurting 2K all that much sales wise.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 141