Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 607102 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1275 on: May 22, 2020, 01:18:22 pm »

They are also giving away just the base game of Civ 6. I've seen it go on sale for pretty cheap before, but the expansions seem to stay fairly high priced, so I imagine this isn't hurting 2K all that much sales wise.

Civ needs expansions so it's not hurting them at all.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 22, 2020, 07:37:25 pm »

Since the Metro scandal I dislike them back then but didn't pay much to it anyway (it wasn't like I'm buying games anyway), then the chinese spyware hit and decided NEVER fall for it, they'll have to literally gift out almost all Warhammer, Starcraft and Age of Empires games combined to even get me to think about it.

One could always try the GOG Galaxy program but I'm sure it stills require you to install the Epic program anyway. Also I'm sure my Toaster would implode into a black hole if I even try to install something like Civ 6

If I recall the spyware accusation was basically some guy on reddit having the dunning-kruger effect and making up all these issues that didn't exist because they were standard computer shit.

https://nickcano.com/epic-games-spyware/

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 22, 2020, 07:40:18 pm »

So, the Epic Games Council got you too Iceblaster?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 22, 2020, 07:42:27 pm »

No? I just dislike accusations that have been proven false.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 22, 2020, 07:54:21 pm »

It was... a reference joke... never mind. To be honest I read about that back then plenty but never returned to check the follow up, my last couple of years were pretty hectic. Still.... dunno. In the past I was mostly against a single store for everything, not Im old and have no time so I rather everything in a single place, or everything in steam or no on GoG Galaxy wich is a blessing to unite everything, Steam, Origin, Uplay, Epic and hell even Blizzard all can be united on GoG Galaxy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 22, 2020, 08:54:55 pm »

oh
sorry, i am dumb apparently hah

But eh, I just thought I'd post the article because it's a neat read when the topic of 'epic games is spyware' comes up :P

time for me to stop so free games can be posted :P

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 22, 2020, 09:30:36 pm »

Never mind my good men, is always welcome to investigate matters and update onself on things like this, plus is relevant to the thread. Thanks for the update and the article.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 29, 2020, 05:55:46 pm »

To add on the talks about the epic store , the Borderlands collection is free there.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/bundles/borderlands-the-handsome-collection

Noticed that for the 20 years of the Arkane studio, their old Arx Fatalis is free (probably on bethesda launcher thingy) if you join some newsletter or something
https://bethesda.net/en/hub/arkane20

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 29, 2020, 07:10:07 pm »

To add on the talks about the epic store ...
A game called Sludge Life is also free there for a limited time (Sale ends 5/28/2021! at 5:00 PM).

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 29, 2020, 07:44:50 pm »

Noticed that for the 20 years of the Arkane studio, their old Arx Fatalis is free (probably on bethesda launcher thingy) if you join some newsletter or something
https://bethesda.net/en/hub/arkane20

For anyone interested in arx fatalis, know that there is a community patch/project called arx libertatis that's supposed to fix some issues and add support for newer systems iirc.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 03, 2020, 01:16:06 pm »

Delores:A Thimbleweed Parka miniadventure, Ascendant, and War Wind are all free on GOG for the moment.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 03, 2020, 03:06:51 pm »

Huh. I almost bought War Wind the other day. Can't seem to get it to work at all, so I guess it's good I didn't.

Unrelated, but I'm having a problem with the GOG standalone installers(I don't use GOG Galaxy). There's no text on any buttons, or the checkmark for saying you read the EULA. While it's simple enough that I can run it without text, it's kind of annoying.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 03, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »

Did you tried rebooting the pc yet?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 03, 2020, 08:09:41 pm »

Huh. I almost bought War Wind the other day. Can't seem to get it to work at all, so I guess it's good I didn't.

Unrelated, but I'm having a problem with the GOG standalone installers(I don't use GOG Galaxy). There's no text on any buttons, or the checkmark for saying you read the EULA. While it's simple enough that I can run it without text, it's kind of annoying.
You'd want the sequel, anyway :P

Pretty neat game, if kinda' janky to play. That said I'd definitely expect either to have trouble running in modern systems. Good luck figuring things out if you give it another go, though.

E: Oh, wait, just noticed it's going for free. Nice, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 05, 2020, 09:13:32 am »

GOG's got a giveaway of Total Annihilation. It's an excellent RTS from 1997.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141