Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 607622 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1351 on: December 19, 2020, 09:38:53 am »

Ubisoft is giving away Anno 1701 History Edition + all previous holiday rewards (which are Starlink: Battle for Atlas + Trials Rising + some DLCs I don't care for).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 22, 2020, 02:30:17 pm »

Brigador is free on GOG's main page.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 22, 2020, 02:50:26 pm »

Don't ignore your Fanatical emails; there's one from this morning with a random key in it. (I got Hue.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 22, 2020, 04:22:38 pm »

Brigador is free on GOG's main page.

Obligatory Brigador review vid

edit: Brigador's modkit is also available (free of charge) at gog as a dlc
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:31:15 pm by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 23, 2020, 03:56:59 am »

Never heard of this Brigador before but after giving it a try, it's really good fun to relieve some stress, so much destruction :D
Now i know from which game the music in xpiratez is coming from.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:00:23 am by Robsoie »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 23, 2020, 07:29:14 am »

It is a game of building bridges? You are a brigde builder? Thus a Brigador?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 23, 2020, 07:50:58 am »

It's a game about making bridges between people , so they understand each other better.
The problem is that the only equipment to achieve your peacefull goal is  that you only have various type of mechs, tanks and machineguns, lasers and heavy canons, making it hard to achieve your missions without killing everyone, destroying any opposition and exploding whole cities.

Unless that's the secret to building bridges between people

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 23, 2020, 08:20:30 am »

We will bring the people together, in a mass grave.

It seems to me that the title is supposed to be a "corruption" of the term brigadier.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 23, 2020, 08:45:05 am »

We will bring the people together, in a mass grave.

It seems to me that the title is supposed to be a "corruption" of the term brigadier.
It's a somewhat antiquated portuguese (language, not country) term for "someone who fights a lot". Lots of portuguese in the game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 23, 2020, 08:58:09 am »

Ah thanks for the correction

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 30, 2020, 12:11:07 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 31, 2020, 11:36:09 am »

I'm enjoying this Metro Last Light a very lot more than i thought, because there a lot of stealth gameplay to have that is very similar to the Thief serie.
You move in shadows, extinguish lamps to get more shadows, and kill stealthly/avoid enemies that patrol around. Lot of levels are playing like that, for Thief serie fans it's a lot of fun.

As long as enemies are not those monsters as stealth seems to be working only against humans enemies, on monsters filled levels, it's more a shooter than a stealth game.

Only cons i can see so far is that the levels are a bit too linear as there's not many paths from A to B.

But the story is good, the dialogue are very good (excellent dubbing in my own language too).
Not sure it will have a lot of replay value (due to the linearity) but it's definitively worth a play, it's a very atmospheric and immersive game, very well done.

For people interested in playing games in windowed mode, by default Metro Last Light does not have the option in its menu, you'll have to edit the user.cfg file located in
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro Last Light\

And change
r_fullscreen off
into
r_fullscreen on

Now a problem is that for some reasons the devs didn't made the window centered, fortunately thanks to that user and AutoHotkey, you can add this .ahk script in your game directory to play with the window centered :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464830926

note : you can add on the top of the ahk script :
Run metro.exe
So you can just double click on the script (assuming you placed it in your game directory, where metro.exe can be found) and it will run the game and center the window.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 10, 2021, 10:53:20 am »

as Adobe is killing off their flash pluging forever
Some notes regarding the killswitch:
- First version to introduce it is v32.0.0.380 (Beta version)
- Kill date is Tuesday, 2021-01-12 00:00:00 (12th January 2021), last working date is thus 11th January 2021"

you're left with 3 choices :

1 - forget all about Flash, forget it has even existed, here my friend, just look at this

2 - A flash emulator named Ruffle exist :
https://ruffle.rs/
pro : you can also play emulated flash games or animations on website that have the Ruffle plugin built-in instead of just downloading Ruffle yourself, preserving websites like this one :
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_flash
cons : for the flash game i tried with Ruffle (Mud&Blood 2) it had lots of freeze and lags that never happened on the original platform.

3 - You can use the Project Flashpoint to download&play Flash games and animations
https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
pro : There's no need to connect anywhere (once you have downloaded the flash game you want of course) , even site-locked (some flash games could only be played on specific websites due to contracts/money/etc... ) flash games can be played with Flashpoint totally offline.
cons : Flashpoint use an older Flash Player plugin from before Adobe included a killswitch in their plugin.
cons2 : on version 8.something of Flashpoint i got a hard PC crash while toying with  "Gemcraft chapter 2 : Dancing Shadows", maybe related to some obscure old AMD problem with flash player so it may not be related to Flashpoint at all ?

Flashpoint interface allow you to browse through the very huge amount of flash content available, so you can only download the ones you want to play (if you download Flashpoint Infinity, as the full Flashpoint Ultimate that has already everything is some 478GB  of download  :o ).
As a bit of a help to start with something, here's a list of flash games i find worthy of keeping :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 10:55:16 am by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 11, 2021, 03:06:48 am »

Why isn't Last Stand 2 on your list?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 141