Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 607206 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1620 on: January 03, 2022, 11:04:22 am »

Yeah, I don't recall what happened, exactly, but something about that seemed to turn off a lot of people that were pretty enthusiastic about it for... some reason. I never got the exact details (and didn't and don't care enough to check, 'cause I'm not terribly interested in the gameplay anyway), just that there was something or another that drew a sudden and fairly intense amount of enmity from folks that were initially positive.

So I never considered actually, like... paying for it. Or acquiring through other means, for that matter. But free and clear? Can't hurt, I guess...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 04, 2022, 06:38:20 am »

I never played Darkest Dungeon so i can't say anything on the comparison with Iratus: Lord of the Dead, but played it a bit and it is starts to get repetitive after a while, the unlocked classes help to refresh a bit as their own abilities introduce more way to fight and when leveling you can improve those abilities in a couple of ways that result in a different effect .
The customisation is nice but after a while it shows its limits as some items are way way better than some other, so my team so far have been used the same items from nearly the start. But maybe better items will start to show up after a couple of floors hopefully.

So in summary it's some good fun, but it's repetitive in the long term.

In other news, for the people that have an amazon gaming account, they have a few games to claim for free, 
Star War Jedi: Fallen Order (through origin)
Total War: Warhammer (through epic store)
World War Z: Aftermath  (through epic store)

and some more on their own launcher :
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
Abandon Ship
Paper Beast
In Other Waters
Two Point Hospital

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 06, 2022, 01:06:34 pm »

this week freebie on the epic store is "Gods will fall", some kind of hack&slash game with apparently "random difficulty" with randomisation of your characters abilities and enemies strength.
Most reviews i read of this aren't good.

Next week the freebie should be Galactic Civilizations III

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 07, 2022, 04:07:26 pm »

Minion Masters, "a fast-paced hybrid of Card games & Tower-Defense", got a new expansion yesterday. This Invasion is free to keep when you get it before 13 Jan @ 5:00pm.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1846520/Minion_Masters__Invasion/

Note Minion Masters itself is free to play.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 07, 2022, 04:15:27 pm »

That one's been in my account for years, and I've never played it once. Any good?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 08, 2022, 08:48:02 am »

It looks to be a clone of that clash of clans phone app game.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 12, 2022, 09:14:37 pm »

Yeah, I don't recall what happened, exactly, but something about that seemed to turn off a lot of people that were pretty enthusiastic about it for... some reason. I never got the exact details (and didn't and don't care enough to check, 'cause I'm not terribly interested in the gameplay anyway), just that there was something or another that drew a sudden and fairly intense amount of enmity from folks that were initially positive.

Well. For one, it's frozen an average of once per battle, for me. Which is really infuriating, because I actually want to play it...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Bloodwarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • im themysteriousgamer on youtube
    • View Profile
    • themysteriousgamer
« Reply #1627 on: January 13, 2022, 01:40:05 pm »

Galactic civilization 3 is free on epic

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 14, 2022, 02:49:46 pm »

Heh, that's the first game they are giving away for the second time. I already got it over a year ago.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 15, 2022, 06:03:53 am »

since 2019 Epic have given away at least twice the following games :
Code: [Select]
Enter The Gungeon
Rebel Galaxy
Overcooked
Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden
Hyper Light Drifter
Inside
Celeste
Abzu
Minit
Surviving Mars
one of the 2 Metro Redux (not sure which one it was that was there twice)
The Escapists
Into The Breach
Hyper Light Drifter
Offworld Trading Company
For The King
Remnant: From the Ashes
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Alien Isolation
Control

full list of what epic has given away :
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 15, 2022, 07:22:33 am »

Yeah, Galactiv Civilization 3 was already given away one year ago.

I could never get warm with it. I have put many, many hours in GalCiv 2 and was happy getting 3 for free, but somehow 3 is turning me off. And it's not only the fact that it's only the base game and I'm missing tons of DLC. (I have the ultimate edition of GalCiv 2, it was free on Steam).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 15, 2022, 07:32:39 am »

I tried it yesterday.

I don't know if it's because i have already played so many 4X in my life, but after playing the 1st campaign (well the 1st one in the Campaign timeline that is not DLC locked) i found that it was utterly boring with nothing really happening and despite expanding , building space stations around and colonizing several planets for probably near a hour, all the opposition i discovered was some a pirate ship at some point but for some reason it was just outside of my own fleet range and quickly left while i was left resuming my expansion.

I also noticed that progressively turns are getting slower to process (and that was only the beginning of that campaign and apparently there was only an AI on that map) , quicker than in other 4X i have played, very annoying with so much of nothing happening.

I don't know if this specific early campaign is simply something to avoid and you should only play another one (or go into a more classic random game and avoid campaigns completely) but if it's a taste of what is GalCiv3 it's just not for me despite i like 4X a lot.
It could learn a lot of thing in term of game pacing from the likes of Remnant of the Precursors.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 07:50:03 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 19, 2022, 04:58:45 pm »

Some notes regarding my previous post with GalCiv 3 as i played a "New Game" game this time instead of a campaign.
And there was a lot of events/discoveries/etc coming and going, a lot more things that made the game interesting.

So it looks like it's the campaign "Milky Way" that is utterly boring and mostly devoid of most of the good features from the game.

No idea if the other campaigns are better, but at least if you want to discover GalCiv3 and its features, avoid that "Milky Way" campaign and just start with "New Game" instead.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 20, 2022, 01:35:57 pm »

this week freebie on the epic store is "Relicta" that's apparently a puzzle game in first person view in the same genre as Portal.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 27, 2022, 02:48:38 pm »

This week freebie on the epic store is "DAEMON X MACHINA" , some kind of 3rd person japanese-style mecha arcade shooter
next week it's a platformer that i think they already gave away a couple of time already.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 141