Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 608325 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1710 on: June 06, 2022, 10:49:19 am »

The whole Tell Me Why is free to keep on Steam until 1 Jul @ 9:00am.

But if you already have the Episode 1 (like me) the other two episodes will show as not free. Here is a solution from Steam comment, which I tried ... but after two rounds I am stuck just with Ep1 as neither Ep2 nor Ep3 did appear and "Remove from account" link for Ep1 is now even missing...  I wonder whether I did it too fast, there is a platform clash or some other issue...

1 Got to your Library,
2 Select Tell Me Why (Episode 1 of course, the only one you had).
3 Click on "Manage"
4 "Remove from account"
5 Go to Store, Tell Me Why
6 NOW, AT LAST, when you choose it for free, it automatically adds Episode 1, 2 and 3.

EDIT: It seems to be platform issue – on Mac the solution did not work while just logging in on Linux with Proton made Ep2 and Ep3 add themselves to my account.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:47:01 pm by Detros »
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 06, 2022, 04:29:51 pm »

Sanitarium is free on GOG for the next 2 days.

"One of the most immersive and chilling psychological horror games ever created"

shit  and here I barely even dare to finish the first area of Amnesia why am I claiming this
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 06, 2022, 06:24:54 pm »

Don't worry, it's not first person but a point&click system with cutscenes playing along your actions so the horror atmosphere fortunately shouldn't make you go insane.
At least until couple more chapters :D

note : if you run into crashes, apparently since a couple of days Sanitarium is supported in ScummVM daily builds.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 06:32:05 pm by Robsoie »

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 07, 2022, 07:26:39 am »

But if you already have the Episode 1 (like me) the other two episodes will show as not free. Here is a solution from Steam comment, which I tried ...
I also had already episode 1 and the other two episodes were added automatically for me, doesn't need to claim them.
If I remember right the shop page didn't showed the episodes, but I installed the game and when I look under DLCs I can see the episodes (when the download size is about 15 gb then you have the episodes).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 09, 2022, 10:23:57 am »

This week freebie on the epic store is "Maneater" , apparently a shark simulator free roaming and eating everything in various maps you unlock through your progression.
Next week it should be a game named "Supraland" or whatever it is.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 09, 2022, 12:45:32 pm »

I heavily recommend Supraland. Awesome puzzle game.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 09, 2022, 01:16:27 pm »

It's almost not work mentioning but street fighter II for the Capcom Arcade Stadium is currently free.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 04:10:21 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 09, 2022, 01:38:18 pm »

It's almost not work mentioning but https://store.steampowered.com/app/1515950/Capcom_Arcade_Stadium/ is currently free.
Hmmm that link doesn't work.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 09, 2022, 06:40:39 pm »

A warning for people that boycott that thing like i do, the epic freebie of this week "Maneater" features unfortunately denuvo.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 10, 2022, 11:38:03 am »

gog is giving away for the next 44 hours "Venetica - Gold Edition" , never heard about this one before but apparently it's an action adventure/rpg.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 10, 2022, 12:58:51 pm »

Ninja Stealth
Evade the guards and the defences to escape the evil facility on this click and play stealth game, there will be difficult on your path, young padawan
Free to keep when you get it before Jun 13 @ 5:00am.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/485450/Ninja_Stealth/
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 12, 2022, 01:09:46 pm »

ARK Survival Evolved is currently free on Steam.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 13, 2022, 09:36:59 am »

another gog giveway  : "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse"
apparently there are 2 more gog giveway coming this month.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 15, 2022, 12:58:54 pm »

I'm not sure if it was always free or not but gog is having Daggerfall - Unity for free.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 15, 2022, 02:46:28 pm »

Daggerfall Unity was always free (but it was not on gog), and Daggerfall itself has been free since 2009
But i hope it will help to give more exposure to DFU by having it on gog, as since Bethesda put Daggerfall on steam it also increased the amount of users for Daggerfall Unity.

edit : checking the gog page, i'm unsure at what this is about.
I notice they have Daggerfall Unity at 5.5gb !
And looking at the screenshots it looks like they're all taken with a bunch of mods.

So is that actually Daggerfall Unity or is that a package of Daggerfall Unity + a bunch of mods ?

edit 2 : It looks like there will be troubles as a few modders posted that they never gave permission to gog for having their mods in that "Daggerfall Unity GoG Cut"  :
 https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?p=61803&sid=0a20b741c4a8145e6bf53c3f8353094e#p61803
Just want to give a heads up that GOG does not have my permission to include my mod, UBLaMF.

I was contacted on the 14th by an employee of GOG who told me about this, and asked for my permission to include my mod. I had already asleep by the time the message was sent, so I only saw it the next morning. However, I was very busy at work yesterday (only got back home at 9:15pm) and so, wasn't able to reply but did plan to give permission. I did have a concern I wanted resolved before doing so, though (specifically, how they were going to handle updates to DFU and the included mods). I did have enough time to send a message to GamerZakh asking him to confirm if he was involved in this, to which he replied that he was.

So after I woke up an hour ago, I found an email from GOG advertising the release of this DFU pack, and was shocked to see that they have decided to include my mod, regardless of them not having my permission to do so. So I guess GOG wasn't actually interested in getting my permission after all. I guess they don't actually respect modders' rights to their work. And worse, if they don't have permission to include my mod, how many other mods on that list have they not got permission to include?

The timing also suggests that GOG effectively decided to package all the mods together and set them up, then try to ask all the modders involved for permission only at the last minute, which is a pretty backwards way of doing it. At this point, I'm strongly inclined to tell the GOG employee who contacted me that I'm not granting permission and that they need to remove my mod from their pack. If I do so, I wonder if their response would be to respect my wishes, or would they simply ignore it.

Edit: I see joshcamas mentioned on the Discord server that he also hadn't given permission for his mod.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 03:00:37 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141