Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598185 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1725 on: June 15, 2022, 03:57:38 pm »

I didn't look much into it when I posted about it... well I guess that explains this gem from their "in store" description

However, please note that although we find the experience very enjoyable the work on the title is stil ongoing. Some technical issues might occur, so it’s wise to quicksave often (F9) : D

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: ECO
« Reply #1726 on: June 17, 2022, 11:25:45 am »

Not sure if this should be here or in the Recommend me a game thread, but..

Tomorrow, Saturday, June 18th, 2022, ECO will be hosting a community test.
IMO: This is a great game with a great team, and having more people involved in the test will allow them to evaluate the performance of the game as it stands.
Their web site is: https://evercraftonline.com/
Their discord (taken from their website) is: https://discord.gg/qMQZb8heRQ
According to one of their Designers, this morning, the channel to watch for information/links to the test will 'be in a pre-alpha subcategory of channels.'
Currently there are #evercraft-online and #general channels, but presumably in the next 24 hours that will change.

I will quote the announcement from the team yesterday:
📜 Community Alpha Test 📜
This Saturday, 6/18/22, the ECO Team will be opening the Fenla Alpha server to our community! We hope you will join us in this chance to get a brief introduction to Adrullan so far!

The purpose of this test will be for us to gather important data with the increased number of players - but also for you to see the strides we have made creating our world.

Although we are excited to get everyone's thoughts on the game, the main focus is more on server performance, and not on content or combat feedback. That being said, there is tons to do and explore in game!

As we are in a very pre-alpha state, we fully expect there to be server stability issues or bugs including those we may have not previously encountered. Due to this, please understand that we may decide to limit the server connections. This will be an important first step for us to widen our servers capability to a point where we feel comfortable letting people in more often, and on a wider scale.

The test will run from (tentatively) Saturday, June 18, 2022 12:00 PM to Sunday, June 19, 2022 3:00 AM (Eastern). If stability is looking good, we may even extend the test further into Sunday. After the test concludes, all progress will be wiped before the next test.

Look out for a public alpha channel where you can find out how to register and grab the client.

We look forward to adventuring with you all in Adrullan!

- The EverCraft Online Team

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 17, 2022, 02:44:24 pm »

GOG's next giveaway is Beautiful Desolation.
For the next 65 hours or so.
I've had it in my Steam wishlist for a while. IIRC it's one of those games inspired by the original Fallout games.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 20, 2022, 08:28:06 am »

In case you may have never played it in the last 32 years, gog is having the oldie Flashback as a freebie.
Quote from: wikipedia
In 2013, Paul Cuisset told Retro Gamer that "The best version for me is the Mega Drive version. The game was created for this platform".

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 21, 2022, 03:22:13 pm »

A lot of stuff coming up with Amazon Prime-- https://gaming.amazon.com/home and switch to the Prime Day tab.

Note that almost everything is tied to Amazon or Legacy Games.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 23, 2022, 10:03:09 am »

this week epic store freebie are "Car Mechanic Simulator 2018" and "A Game of Thrones : The board game"

Was very interested by the boardgame after noticing some people mentioning that it's an excellent digital adaptation of the original boardgame, played the first tutorial and it was indeed very good and the UI makes it very easy to use.
But after checking its steam page/user reviews and board, it looks like it's filled with never fixed bugs and the AI seems to break regularly.

edit :
Toyed with the skirmish feature with all the factions (out of mine) being AI and after a dozen of turns i can see now why people reports the AI being broken : after a few turns the AI will allocate orders normally but -most- of the time once it is the turn to play those order it will just cancel them instead of playing them. Basically you're playing but the AI do not . It's basically playing RISK but everyone cancel their attacks 90% of the time and wait for you to do something instead.

I guess they programmed it like in that Wargame movie "the best move is not to play", and so it taught me that indeed the best way to enjoy this game is to not play it then, what a bad AI that is. ...

edit : oh and that's also a boardgame PC adaptation that does not even have a hotseat mode ... wow
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:18:15 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 24, 2022, 08:25:14 am »

on gog there's "VirtuaVerse" that is free for a few days.
It's yet another point&click set in cyberpunk atmosphere with "retro" visuals (but that looks very nice, so it's the good kind of "retro" style)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 28, 2022, 03:21:50 am »

There's "Interstellaria" , an interesting mix of starcontrol/ftl/starbound space ship/fleet manager planet exploration game you can claim for free on Indiegala, a bit janky in the interface but seems to be lot of fun :
 https://freebies.indiegala.com/interstellaria

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 29, 2022, 04:15:13 am »

Apparently if you are a Polish student or teacher, the government of Poland makes available for you for free the Polish version of "This War of Mine"
https://www.gov.pl/web/grywedukacji/this-war-of-mine

It seems they want to integrate that game in some teaching process of their education system.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 29, 2022, 04:21:14 am »

Getting the kids ready to serve their new Russian overlords, maybe???
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 29, 2022, 03:01:40 pm »

The developer and publisher, 11 Bit Studios, is located in Warsaw, Poland

Also,
In 2020, the Polish Chancellery of the Prime Minister announced that This War of Mine would be added to the recommended reading list in Polish high schools during the academic year of 2020–2021. This was the first initiative in the world to add a video game to recommended readings in school.

Following the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, 11 Bit Studios announced that all profits earned from This War of Mine for seven days starting 24 February 2022 would be donated to the Ukrainian Red Cross to directly support victims. Within the week the company had raised over £500,000. In total $850,000 was raised.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 04, 2022, 12:32:44 pm »

Indiegala has the 33 years old point&click game "Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals" free to claim :
https://freebies.indiegala.com/leisure-suit-larry-3-passionate-patti-in-pursuit-of-the-pulsating-pectorals

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 07, 2022, 12:12:44 pm »

this week on the epic store the freebies are "Killing Floor 2" (i think it's the 3rd time they have it free) and "Ancient Enemy" that is a solitaire deck building/card battler game.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 17, 2022, 08:51:07 am »

Spotted "10 minutes til Dawn" , a browser game very similar to Vampire Survivors (the player against massive hordes, with unlock of new characters and new abilities at level up)
https://flanne.itch.io/10-minutes-till-dawn
but super annoying that it forces the browser to go full screen.

(reminder that the free browser version of Vampire Survivor is there : https://poncle.itch.io/vampire-survivors )

Also noticed Ambermoon, a remake for PC of an old Amiga rpg from 1993
https://pyrdacor.itch.io/ambermoon
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 09:54:42 am by Robsoie »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 17, 2022, 02:22:43 pm »

Spotted "10 minutes til Dawn" , a browser game very similar to Vampire Survivors (the player against massive hordes, with unlock of new characters and new abilities at level up)
https://flanne.itch.io/10-minutes-till-dawn
but super annoying that it forces the browser to go full screen.

That, and it turned my system, which has been humming along quietly all morning, into a jet turbine in seconds.

I'd say more of a twinstick with upgrades, than VS, in how you have to manually aim/time your attacks... it's much more active. It's also a lot easier; Spark with the dual pistols is trivial, even at high challenge levels.

Also, Endless Mode is fantastically breakable--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 01:21:39 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 140