Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 608351 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1740 on: July 28, 2022, 09:37:57 am »

edit
oops, wrong thread sorry.

edit 2 : so at least that post serves a purpose on that thread, even if it's been a couple of months epic started to prefer offering as freebie various shovelwares-level of games that are new on their store instead of actual good games that may be older.
There's a "Lawn Mowing Simulator" that is this week freebie on the epic store

I guess "to each their own"... oh well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:08:24 am by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 29, 2022, 03:28:31 am »

Why would you want to mow the lawn in a game when doing it in RL is boring?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 29, 2022, 06:59:15 am »

I asked that when I saw Power Wash Simulator. Making mundane tasks in life an interesting game is pretty much the whole point of the simulator genre.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 29, 2022, 07:23:47 am »

Why would you want to mow the lawn in a game when doing it in RL is boring?
It might be to you, but not to other people. I, for example, will not touch a (civilian) flight simulator with a 10 foot pole, but some people sink hundreds of hours into that stuff.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 05, 2022, 09:25:59 am »

Despotism 3K is free to keep on Steam.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 05, 2022, 06:33:25 pm »

Link here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/699920/Despotism_3k/

I guess this is to drum up interest in their early access game called Despot's Game, which actually does look pretty interesting.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 05, 2022, 07:41:27 pm »

Link here:

I guess this is to drum up interest in their early access game called Despot's Game, which actually does look pretty interesting.

...That thing is still EA? I thought it officially launched years ago.

It's a nifty little autobattler, that's very dependent on combos... and a dysfunctional AI, at least at the time. (Let the tanks engage first, then glass cannons move in... no, don't run straight through that AoE... Healers, stop sitting in a circle and healing each other until the DPS dies...) I'd label it as a 'worth a demo, happy to pick it up as a +1 in a bundle, wouldn't go out of my way for it', based on its state at the time.

Late edit: (I'm referring to the one that's EA.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 01:50:21 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 06, 2022, 05:21:43 am »

Link here:

...That thing is still EA? I thought it officially launched years ago.

It's a nifty little autobattler, that's very dependent on combos... and a dysfunctional AI, at least at the time. (Let the tanks engage first, then glass cannons move in... no, don't run straight through that AoE... Healers, stop sitting in a circle and healing each other until the DPS dies...) I'd label it as a 'worth a demo, happy to pick it up as a +1 in a bundle, wouldn't go out of my way for it', based on its state at the time.

No no it's the other game. The clicker one.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 10, 2022, 04:24:30 am »

GoG, 27h left
CDPR Goodies Collection
posters, digital wallpapers, concept arts and more from The Witcher games and Cyberpunk 2077
https://www.gog.com/#giveaway
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 10, 2022, 08:04:58 am »

I wonder why gog doesn't make that goodies collection permanently free , they're giving it away every few months anyways. I guess it's safer for their business than giving away a game for their anniversary.
Though they added some screenshots, wallpapers and pictures from cyberpunk to the existing witcher collection this time, but no soundtrack from cyberpunk.

Basically get it for the Witcher collection, it has a lot of good with the soundtracks of every games, the videos, the concert etc... but the Cyberpunk thingies, well if you really want to see some wallpapers i guess

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 10, 2022, 08:41:40 am »

Aye, the soundtracks are nice background music for reading/working. I'm quite certain I picked that pack up early when I started following this thread.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 10, 2022, 05:08:32 pm »

Yes i agree totally, the soundtracks from all the Witcher games that are included in the Witcher part of the CDPR collection (and that is given away every few months since a few years) has a lot of really good relaxing and atmospheric music

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 19, 2022, 04:55:22 pm »

indiegala is having Exit Limbo : Opening as a freebie
https://freebies.indiegala.com/exit-limbo-opening
Exit Limbo pays homage to the old school side scrolling beat 'em ups and evolves the formula with a spectacular fighting system and a non-linear world to explore. Meet a memorable cast, discover a unique visual art style and listen to a hypnotizing soundtrack while struggling to Exit the Limbo.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 21, 2022, 04:19:05 pm »

on indiegala you can claim the alpha version of a game in development named Vorax, a first person "hardcore survival horror" game
https://freebies.indiegala.com/vorax-alpha
(a bit more than 8gb the download so i assume it's rather large in content)

here's a video of how it looks, very promising stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FvIJSE5agI

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 22, 2022, 09:41:49 am »

on gog you can claim for free the game "Stasis"
Stasis is a point&click adventure game set in a sci-fi horror setting.

EDIT : forgot to mention, if you really liked the very grim and very dark hopeless, sad, depressing, no-hope, scifi horror story of Stasis, there's another point&click always-free game from the same developers that is setup in the same universe as Stasis, named Cayne
https://www.gog.com/en/game/cayne
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:14:28 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 141