Other Projects > Other Games

Free Game List

<< < (420/421) > >>

Robsoie:
a bit less than 3 days left to claim the game named "Hammerting" on gog
it's a dwarven colony building (it feels like a clone of the oldie "Diggles" ) but reviews are mentionning the devs abandonned the game before it could live up to its potential at some point.

StrawBarrel:
Thank you Robsoie for posting about Hammerting. I did not realize there was a new giveaway on Gog.

dragdeler:
Oh it's that game, great, I allmost bought this once but then the reviews didn't convince me. It sure looks pretty.

Robsoie:
It's a nice game with some good potential, a bit of a clone of old Diggles for those that remember it, it's in the same genre as "Craft the World", "Oxygen not Included".
Great for free, but when not free due to its state with bugs not fixed, performance issues and some features being shallower than they were supposed to be, better go for something else on the same game genre that is finished and polished.

for the reason it was left in that state, from a reddit post quoting some dev discord :

--- Quote ---From our point of view, we released the game into EA in Oct '20 and then made a patch/update for it almost every month until March '22. The full release is just a "blip in time" when we think we had delivered what we promised when going into EA. But the reality of it is that we had no income generated from the game at all during that period, but tried to make things work by having part of the team consulting for other companies. As most of the team also have families, this was not something that was sustainable. And this period also excludes the period where we created the prototype for the game, where we again, had no salaries. So all in all, I think that I've worked maybe 3-4 years unpaid on this project?

So while it's easy to say "abandoned after 6 months" - the reality behind it is very much something else.
--- End quote ---

StrawBarrel:
Content Warning is temporarily free.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2881650/Content_Warning/

--- Quote from: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2881650/view/4188984060581604913?l=english ---Every year for April 1st aka Landfall Day we do something special, this year we’re releasing Content Warning for free for anyone who downloads it between now 9AM PT and 9AM PT tomorrow April 2nd.

We do this as a special treat to our community so that as many people as possible will have the chance to play the game.

After the free period, the game will cost 7.99USD

Thank you all for celebrating Landfall Day with us!
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version