Other Projects > Other Games

Free Game List

<< < (97/421) > >>

Arbinire:
for 24 hours on Steam, you can nab Red Orchestra 2 for free

Aseaheru:
Does that count?

10ebbor10:
Nope. Just dump them in the steam threads. I mean, by the time the list gets updated and somebody sees it, it's already over.

Zangi:
Has anyone ever played the old Infantry Online game?  It was free when it was first out, then SOE acquired it, changing it to a monthly subscription, then becoming free again later.  Apparently, they have dropped it.

So it seems to be available at freeinfantry.org  ... but, it is multiplayer and doesn't look like it has much of a population.

Frumple:
Yeah... yeah, I remember infantry. Combined Arms ;_; That zombie mode. The RTS zones. Hockey, and the other sports games. The CTF and mechanized infantry maps, of course. CM. All the other stuff. I bloody loved that game. It remember it more than I do my middle school years. It taught me more about writing than my english classes did. Near the end days, I think I was cycling between Ratatosk and Hrimfaxi as names. Back when it first came out, I was running as Thor's Hammer V2.0 or something along those lines, then Mjolnir for a while. Frumple was probably in there too, somewhere.

And yeah, Freeinf's been running it again, and, as you note, population issues. Damn shame, considering that it's one of the best multiplayer games I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Also I'm not sure it's something to be discussed on this forum, for though while it is as awesome as awesome can be, freeinf's efforts are unfortunately illegal. SOE never released the game to the wilds, and probably never will (iirc, something regarding the netcode is proprietary and used in their everquest stuff, which is the why of it). For which I will forever hate Sony with every burning fiber of my being.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version