Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 608260 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2014, 12:49:06 pm »

for 24 hours on Steam, you can nab Red Orchestra 2 for free

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »

Does that count?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2014, 03:44:37 pm »

Nope. Just dump them in the steam threads. I mean, by the time the list gets updated and somebody sees it, it's already over.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 24, 2014, 01:44:26 pm »

Has anyone ever played the old Infantry Online game?  It was free when it was first out, then SOE acquired it, changing it to a monthly subscription, then becoming free again later.  Apparently, they have dropped it.

So it seems to be available at freeinfantry.org  ... but, it is multiplayer and doesn't look like it has much of a population.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »

Yeah... yeah, I remember infantry. Combined Arms ;_; That zombie mode. The RTS zones. Hockey, and the other sports games. The CTF and mechanized infantry maps, of course. CM. All the other stuff. I bloody loved that game. It remember it more than I do my middle school years. It taught me more about writing than my english classes did. Near the end days, I think I was cycling between Ratatosk and Hrimfaxi as names. Back when it first came out, I was running as Thor's Hammer V2.0 or something along those lines, then Mjolnir for a while. Frumple was probably in there too, somewhere.

And yeah, Freeinf's been running it again, and, as you note, population issues. Damn shame, considering that it's one of the best multiplayer games I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Also I'm not sure it's something to be discussed on this forum, for though while it is as awesome as awesome can be, freeinf's efforts are unfortunately illegal. SOE never released the game to the wilds, and probably never will (iirc, something regarding the netcode is proprietary and used in their everquest stuff, which is the why of it). For which I will forever hate Sony with every burning fiber of my being.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:09:22 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 09, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »

Blizzard has made their classic games Blackthorne, Rock & Roll Racing, and The Lost Vikings free:

https://us.battle.net/account/download/?show=classic

SpiredWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:19 am »

Don't know if it's already here or not, but Copy Kitty has been around for a while, and it's a very frenetic sidescrolling shooter with Kirby-esque power copying mechanics. The game itself is free, the paid version is just extra content. Just click "download demo".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:20:58 am by SpiredWarrior »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 13, 2014, 05:31:45 am »

l'Abbaye des Morts a short ZX Spectrum-like platformer game. 30 minutes of very, very atmospheric gameplay :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

cjheighton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:44 pm »

im the only developer for firearrowgames.com, a company i make games under. i guess ill post a link to the single-player only version of one of my mac games, here! https://www.dropbox.com/s/axl5wql9ayls98f/jasperchroniclessingleplayer.zip
enjoy!
the full versions only 1.00$ so yah.
am i even allowed to do this? no idea DX

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2014, 03:50:36 pm »

Because of the Bohemia Interactive's 15th Anniversary, Arma: Cold War Assault (former Operation Flashpoint) is free on steam until the end of the week end.

It's an old (2001) but very good shooter with tons (TONS) of mods.

News link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177780-Bohemia-Interactive-s-15th-Anniversary
Steam library Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65790/

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2014, 01:38:39 pm »

So I found a link to a free download of this awesome late 90's game called Battlezone, supposedly patched to work with modern systems. It's the one with FPS hovertanks and RTS on the moon while killing commies. It's really awesome. But try as I might, my googling only found people saying it's ok to get it but I never once found a mention that it's anything but abandonware which I believe Toady frowns upon.

So uh, can anyone confirm if the 90's battlezone is indeed free- or abandonware? Not posting the link yet for obvious reasons. Shame if it's abandon- :(

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 16, 2014, 02:44:17 pm »

There is no such thing as abandonware, legally speaking, in any country. Just old game from companies that don't bother sueing people that share their game 20 years after they published them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:29 pm »

The "patch 1.5" for the old Battlezone 1 makes it more bug fixed and more compatible with modern OS.
I have played the campaign some months ago and it was a blast.

I don't think giving the link to it is a good idea, as while the patch 1.5 is the work of one of the original programmer of the old Battlezone, the installer contains the game too.
And even if whoever is holding the legal rights have ceased to give a care to Battlezone1 since a decade, i don't think it's allowed by Toady there (as it could put him into problem in case some silly nuts decide to sue things left and right, as board owners are legally responsible of the content of their boards if i remember well)

But in the same time anyone interested by Battlezone1 1.5 can easily type that in google and get into the battlezone com website and board ;) It's truly a great game after all those years, and even better now with all the 1.5 patch work

Panuord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 03, 2014, 05:24:42 am »

I usually go here for my free games (got well over 300), be a good addition to the Google document if it's still being updated or the original post.

Anyway the game I want to bring attention to right now is Littlewargame, it's a free to play browser based RTS that is very simple but also fun. You can easily play a game with friends, with someone else (small community so it's 50/50).

If you want to code some stuff then you can write your own AI scripts and for the less advanced you can use the map editor to create maps for people to play. It's kept me entertained for a week so far and I'm enjoying it quite a bit:

More depth/features seem to be added quite regularly looking at the release log.

http://littlewargame.com/

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 04, 2014, 01:12:06 pm »

Sniper Elite V2 is free for the next 24 hours on steam
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 141