Other Projects > Other Games

Free Game List

<< < (99/421) > >>

Delta Foxtrot:
So I found a link to a free download of this awesome late 90's game called Battlezone, supposedly patched to work with modern systems. It's the one with FPS hovertanks and RTS on the moon while killing commies. It's really awesome. But try as I might, my googling only found people saying it's ok to get it but I never once found a mention that it's anything but abandonware which I believe Toady frowns upon.

So uh, can anyone confirm if the 90's battlezone is indeed free- or abandonware? Not posting the link yet for obvious reasons. Shame if it's abandon- :(

tompliss:
There is no such thing as abandonware, legally speaking, in any country. Just old game from companies that don't bother sueing people that share their game 20 years after they published them.

Robsoie:
The "patch 1.5" for the old Battlezone 1 makes it more bug fixed and more compatible with modern OS.
I have played the campaign some months ago and it was a blast.

I don't think giving the link to it is a good idea, as while the patch 1.5 is the work of one of the original programmer of the old Battlezone, the installer contains the game too.
And even if whoever is holding the legal rights have ceased to give a care to Battlezone1 since a decade, i don't think it's allowed by Toady there (as it could put him into problem in case some silly nuts decide to sue things left and right, as board owners are legally responsible of the content of their boards if i remember well)

But in the same time anyone interested by Battlezone1 1.5 can easily type that in google and get into the battlezone com website and board ;) It's truly a great game after all those years, and even better now with all the 1.5 patch work

Panuord:
I usually go here for my free games (got well over 300), be a good addition to the Google document if it's still being updated or the original post.

Anyway the game I want to bring attention to right now is Littlewargame, it's a free to play browser based RTS that is very simple but also fun. You can easily play a game with friends, with someone else (small community so it's 50/50).

If you want to code some stuff then you can write your own AI scripts and for the less advanced you can use the map editor to create maps for people to play. It's kept me entertained for a week so far and I'm enjoying it quite a bit:

More depth/features seem to be added quite regularly looking at the release log.

http://littlewargame.com/

Ruskin:
Sniper Elite V2 is free for the next 24 hours on steam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version