Other Projects > Other Games

Free Game List

<< < (110/421) > >>

Parsely:
And the best part is that Wally gives us our updates. Too perfect.

BigD145:

--- Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN on September 22, 2014, 12:37:50 pm ---Damn it, I missed Receiver. >_>

--- End quote ---

Message me and I'll give you a link to my gift copy.

USEC_OFFICER:

--- Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN on September 22, 2014, 12:37:50 pm ---Damn it, I missed Receiver. >_>

--- End quote ---

You aren't missing much, trust me. Once you get over the complicated reloading mechanics, the game doesn't have anything else to offer. Just two enemy types, and an endless series of heavily repeated rooms. For a game that was made in a week it's pretty impressive, but you definitely won't be playing it for very long. Which is a shame, because if it had more... everything it'd be a much better game. More guns, more enemies, more rooms, some customization maybe... Then it'd be a great game. Or at least one that doesn't turn grindy/repetitive after 30 minutes.

--- Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN on September 22, 2014, 02:01:04 pm ---And the best part is that Wally gives us our updates. Too perfect.

--- End quote ---

Indeed. I would have missed Tropico 3 if it wasn't for me. And I've been thinking about getting that game for a while now. And the same with Warlock too. Thanks a lot, Bouchart.

Parsely:

--- Quote from: USEC_OFFICER on September 22, 2014, 02:11:54 pm ---

--- End quote ---

You aren't missing much, trust me. Once you get over the complicated reloading mechanics, the game doesn't have anything else to offer. Just two enemy types, and an endless series of heavily repeated rooms. For a game that was made in a week it's pretty impressive, but you definitely won't be playing it for very long. Which is a shame, because if it had more... everything it'd be a much better game. More guns, more enemies, more rooms, some customization maybe... Then it'd be a great game. Or at least one that doesn't turn grindy/repetitive after 30 minutes.

--- Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN on September 22, 2014, 02:01:04 pm ---And the best part is that Wally gives us our updates. Too perfect.

--- End quote ---

Indeed. I would have missed Tropico 3 if it wasn't for me. And I've been thinking about getting that game for a while now. And the same with Warlock too. Thanks a lot, Bouchart.

--- End quote ---
It's a great proof of concept though! Lots of cool stuff can come from something like that.

Tropico 3 isn't so great, IMHO.. It feels so watered down. Pirate Cove was my first and only other experience with Tropico, and it's definitely my favorite of the two. Great music, pretty varied gameplay with all the different scenarios, and pirates are awesome as well. :3

I recommend Sim Tower if you want a really great small-scale management game.

USEC_OFFICER:
Eh... Yeah, you're right. I guess I mostly hate Receiver because it pretends that it's a full game instead of a proof of concept. And then asks 5$ for a game which basically just replaces the reload command with a bunch more buttons. Eh, whatever.

And if Tropico 3 feels watered down... Then I ought to enjoy the rest of the games then, right? Or something... Priate Cove sounds freaking awesome. I guess I'll start looking at that now.

I have looked at Sim Tower before. But I guess I always got distracted before I thought about getting it or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version