Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 608348 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2015, 10:46:56 pm »

Steam? Do any of the jobs a games provider should? Nah, too busy doing the things that a games provider doesn't need to do, or shouldn't do.

But hey, atleast they have some customer support now.

I'm not sure what your point is. They sold big rigs at Gamestop and most every other place that sells PC games. Other shitware is sold all over the place at every game store known to man as well. Valve didn't put it on the store themselves, it was greenlit, I assume by companies that offer spam like that as a service.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 10, 2015, 02:08:10 pm »

Let's keep this on topic guys, you keep getting my hopes up with updates for free games :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 10, 2015, 03:02:02 pm »

I wouldn't call that customer support.
It atleast exists now if you have less-than-the-best internet now.
I'm not sure what your point is. They sold big rigs at Gamestop and most every other place that sells PC games. Other shitware is sold all over the place at every game store known to man as well. Valve didn't put it on the store themselves, it was greenlit, I assume by companies that offer spam like that as a service.
Steam is required to (atleast according to themselves) screen what they let on their service. Gamestop and similar choose what they sell, so does steam, atleast according to what they say. Instead, steam is to busy coming up with things like levels, acheevements, chat systems, etc.

Let's keep this on topic guys, you keep getting my hopes up with updates for free games :P
Apologies. Im done now. Hopefully its all done.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 10, 2015, 03:03:54 pm »

Steam is required to (atleast according to themselves) screen what they let on their service. Gamestop and similar choose what they sell, so does steam, atleast according to what they say. Instead, steam is to busy coming up with things like levels, acheevements, chat systems, etc.

Can you give a source on that? You're literally the only person I've ever seen who says that valve says that they screen stuff.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 10, 2015, 03:23:48 pm »

It looks like they massively, and I mean massively reduced the requirements when they put up greenlight, but according to their FAQ on greenlight they do have a few requirements, but it looks like that Steam nolonger actively screens things... I think there was a Totalbiscuit talkie thing that talked about it...

But yah, before greenlight you apparently had to jump thru enough hoops that getting yer game on steam was something that was advertized as being about on par with having amazing next-gen graphics or similar...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 10, 2015, 03:44:28 pm »

Thousands of Free Games

There's the Interactive Fiction Database, which is a great way of finding thousands of free to play text-based games, with many playable in a browser.

Of possible interest to people here are the excellent, deeply tactical Kerkerkruip, a roguelike where the only way to improve is by taking the powers of the monsters you kill, where the order in which you tackle things being very important.

There's Calm, a post-apocalyptic sandbox adventure-game set in a world where stress is fatal.

And Lost Pig, where you play an orc named Grunk who has to recapture a pig that he was meant to be guarding. This game is incredibly well implemented, with funny and characterful responses for everything you might think to try.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 20, 2015, 01:16:07 pm »

Theme Hospital for hapless Origin users.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

CaesarIA is a free to play game on Steam.  Ever wonder what it would be like to take Caesar 3 and turn it into a Chinese bootleg?  Wonder no more!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 22, 2015, 11:58:49 am »

CaesarIA is a free to play game on Steam.  Ever wonder what it would be like to take Caesar 3 and turn it into a Chinese bootleg?  Wonder no more!

How many bootlegged worms and viruses does it contain?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 22, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »

Over 9000.  ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 22, 2015, 02:21:25 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 22, 2015, 02:33:42 pm »

Over 9000.  ;)

Bouchart said Chinese not Japanese.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 22, 2015, 08:32:56 pm »

Over 9000.  ;)

Bouchart said Chinese not Japanese.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?  (Its a mildly racist Dragon ball joke)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:38:51 pm by choppy »

Yannanth

« Reply #628 on: January 23, 2015, 03:43:11 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:17:45 pm by Yannanth »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2015, 09:49:51 am »

Nice, i didn't heard there was a Caesar 3 open source remake.

Looks like from the screenshots they're still using the Caesar 3 assets, i wonder if they're planning to go with their own like some other open source projects have done (openTTD by example) though i guess they would have to attract some graphic artists as it's not a small job there.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 141