Other Projects > Other Games

Free Game List

<< < (135/421) > >>

Silent_Thunder:

--- Quote from: Icefire2314 on July 16, 2015, 04:45:44 pm ---I think Shores of Hazeron needs to be taken off, but I'm not sure. Pretty positive it's P2P now though.

--- End quote ---

Yep, Subscription Based now and deader than ever because of it. Or I suppose more alive as it was shut down before and only brought back with a sub to keep the servers running, but the point I'm trying to make is still apparent I'm sure.

In the free2play news though, Card Hunter has seen a Steam launch which has immensely boosted its numbers in the Multiplayer aspect. So now is the perfect time to try it I'd wager.

ykcud:
As someone who has a respectable amount of free games. I feel like a complete jerk elf not sharing some of the games I have found that I do not see on the list.

"Command and Conquer", "Command and Conquer Red Alert" and "Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun" (My personal favorite) have been free for some time. Tweaking them to work correctly on modern windows OS however is a pain.

Not sure how the community feels about flash games, but I find "Dice Wars" to be a good killer of about 15 minutes if need something like that.

Last I checked "Wayward beta" is still free.

ConsUme:

--- Quote from: ykcud on July 18, 2015, 06:51:25 pm ---"Pokemon Omicron" and "Zeta" are much like the other older Pokemon games but with less barriers with language.

--- End quote ---

To be honest... I would rather not put those type of games into the list... due to legalities...

Everything else would be fine...

beorn080:

--- Quote from: Naxza on July 18, 2015, 11:39:37 pm ---They're fanmakes using RPG Maker, not rips of the genuine titles. Legally speaking, Nintendo might DMCA them or something, but legally speaking, it neither takes away from nor replaces the original Pokemon. Additionally, they're Mac/PC games, and Nintendo has no forays into the computer world. They're not exactly competing, and "legally" speaking, it's better than grabbing a ROM and playing that on your PC.

--- End quote ---
Legally speaking, it's all copyrighted. I'm not sure how much of the battle system and mechanics are copyrighted but I'm positive that each pokemon's likeness and stats and stuff are copyrighted. In theory they should be executing take down orders against any infringement, as legally, the more you fail to do so, the easier it becomes to infringe upon your works for profit.

Of course, from a players perspective, none of that matters. It is not your responsibility to defend a company's copyright.

ykcud:
I am going to omit the Pokemon game I suggested for the list as it appears to be throwing all the following posts off topic, and I do not want this to get locked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version