Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 607517 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #825 on: May 13, 2017, 06:47:31 am »

Though, ah. I'm not entire sure how cromulent linking to NH is on B12's forums. The thing's standalone, as you note, and distributed as just the whole game already patched, and is possibly somewhat illegal, copyright wise. Poke about suggests that genesis might be going freeware in the near-ish future, but so far as I'm aware it's still commercial and other than something possibly unintentional from the main site (apparently you can download a demo and then patch it with an official patch and that'll remove the copyright protection), there's not been official indication the thing's welcome to be flapping free in the wild.

... that said, yeah, it adds a fair amount to the already pretty nice (if perhaps a bit samey after a bit) Eador: G. Bit unstable, though, from what I remember. Not enough to notice immediately, but enough to make actually getting through the whole of some of the later (i.e. larger) maps an occasional crap shoot. Which is rough, considering it's not terribly likely to start being an issue until you're a fair bit into a map (which is to say, you just ran an hour or three of play into a bug wall). Still. Pretty sizable expansion/improvement if you like the original.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 14, 2017, 05:54:43 am »

No need to lose your sleep over this, i assume that it is somehow an authorized mod considering it's posted on the Eador GOG board, the Eador Steam board (that aren't kind to piracy) and the Eador own website itself (that has the Eador developer post on their board under the nickname Adrageron), as if it was not there would be no way New Horizon would be available and discussed in those places.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:58:13 am by Robsoie »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #827 on: May 16, 2017, 03:48:15 pm »

Looks like Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves is free over at GOG.
Seems at least semi-permanent, since it's a full-on change in the price, not a temporary promo.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 19, 2017, 09:40:11 am »

Mount and Blade on GOG.com is free for 48 hours, take 1 or so, from this time of posting. Hooray GOG.com!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 19, 2017, 10:59:31 am »

What are the differences between the original game and Warband?

Is Warband better or worse than the first game?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:13 am »

Warband adds another faction, marriage, some quality of life stuff, gameplay/graphics improvements, etc, etc. Think of it more as the base game + many patches than an entirely separate game or sequel. The general consensus is that Warband is superior to the original game (though not massively). However a lot of mods were made for the original M&B which weren't ported over to Warband, so it's useful to have it just for those mods.

Basically, even if you have Warband then you should still get the original for free. Even if it's just to mess around with Prophesy of Pendor or similar mods for a couple hours before jumping back to Warband.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 19, 2017, 11:46:18 am »

Most notably Warband has multiplayer. Also mods with multiplayer.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 19, 2017, 04:19:22 pm »

As i have been owning Warband for much longer, for me the only interest of having claimed the original Mount&Blade (when GOG made it free temporarly in 2014) was to benefit from some mods that had unfortunately never been ported (or were ported badly) to Warband.
The one i actually got M&B1 for was the amazing 1866 mod, certainly there are some wild west mods for Warband like "1860 Old America" but none of those are half as good as the old M&B 1866 mod.

So to my opinion, yes it's very worth it to get that temporarly free offer from GOG even if you own Warband just for the mods that aren't in Warband.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 20, 2017, 04:08:55 am »

1866 is awesome - I got M&B1 in 2014 too and played 1866 more than the original <3

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 08, 2017, 04:41:47 pm »

Payday 2 is free on Steam. I repeat, Payday 2 is currently free on steam. Get it now and yours.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 08, 2017, 04:59:54 pm »

Thanks, I've been wanting to check it out but not actually pay for it so... yeah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2017, 01:06:36 pm »

Why haven't I PTW this yet?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 10, 2017, 01:25:29 pm »

Empires Mod is a free to play mod for Half-Life 2 that mixed Real-Time Strategy with FPS elements - one commander controls building placement and research while other ground soldiers do the actual fighting.

Haven't played it, but it seems worth a go.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #838 on: June 10, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »

Empires Mod is a free to play mod for Half-Life 2 that mixed Real-Time Strategy with FPS elements - one commander controls building placement and research while other ground soldiers do the actual fighting.

It's a very toxic community, fyi.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 10, 2017, 02:58:30 pm »

Sounds like Heroes of Newerth.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 141