Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 607819 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #885 on: November 23, 2017, 02:00:55 pm »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 23, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »

Pretty neat little thing.  Earth has ended, and you play as an AI in a spaceship carrying the last 1000 humans, frozen in their cryogenic pods, in search of a new home, as you slowly decay from the rigors of space travel and passing millenia.

https://www.johnayliff.com/games/seedship/index.html

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 23, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »

That seedship browser game is really nice, the randomness allow for replayability with lots of different outcomes.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:13:12 pm by Robsoie »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 23, 2017, 07:29:09 pm »

I landed on the first planet I scanned and got a score of 5819, with 331 colonists dead.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 23, 2017, 09:20:10 pm »

Pretty neat little thing.  Earth has ended, and you play as an AI in a spaceship carrying the last 1000 humans, frozen in their cryogenic pods, in search of a new home, as you slowly decay from the rigors of space travel and passing millenia.

https://www.johnayliff.com/games/seedship/index.html
This is really cool, and would work for making planets for space-based roleplaying games like Traveller or Stars Without Number (granted, both systems have methods for rolling up random planets, and Stars Without Numbers has a pretty good online tool for generating up a whole sector at once, but this is more fun).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 23, 2017, 09:54:01 pm »

I landed on the first planet I scanned and got a score of 5819, with 331 colonists dead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 23, 2017, 11:17:18 pm »

Definitely a fascinating little gem.  Here's my own first whirl.  Not an ideal of utopian post-scarcity, but I do like that the settlers didn't go full conquistador...or given the forum and the nature of the planet, I suppose it'd be full "mermaid farm". :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Interesting.  It seems that with a bit of luck, you can crank your statistics up over 100%...and I didn't even notice that I managed it in my game above as well.  At any rate, for El Dorado, the far side of the singularity awaits.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:35:27 pm by Culise »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 23, 2017, 11:49:43 pm »

Seedship sounds great, I'll make a thread for it so we don't clutter the free games area.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 25, 2017, 08:23:40 pm »

Rogue Effect.  A Mass Effect roguelike that is basically just multiplayer, but singleplayer and turn-based.

http://dowhilecompiling.blogspot.com/p/rogue-effect.html

I've been finding the Soldier super garbage, they start with an Assault Rifle and a Sniper Rifle, which are both also-garbage.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 30, 2017, 10:43:28 am »

Seedship is on Android too, btw. My high score so far is 10781 for an engaged post-singularity democracy.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 30, 2017, 06:17:12 pm »

Seedship is on Android too, btw. My high score so far is 10781 for an engaged post-singularity democracy.
For any more posts about Seedship please go to proper thread. Thanks.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 01, 2017, 12:07:12 am »

The bureau is free on humble for a day or so
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 04, 2017, 03:12:45 pm »

There's a remake of the game M.U.L.E. out for free. It's a multiplayer game based around building and managing industries on the planet Irata, competing with other players to see who can make the most money. Activity on the game is pretty much dead, but you can play with bots to get a taste of the main experience. You have to register to play online, or you'll only appear as a guest.
You can find the game's main page here.
A guide on how to play the game can be found here.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:32 am »

World in Conflict is free until the 11th. It's a pretty solid RTS based on a what-if scenario of the cold war going hot.

Downside is, it's Ubisoft and thus attached to uplay. https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/event/world-in-conflict-giveaway/
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 07, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 141