Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 605743 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #945 on: April 23, 2018, 11:30:02 am »

I found it pretty shit, to be honest, and it had the habit of not actually closing when i exited it - so it would lurk in the background, gnawing up my computer's resources, until I closed it properly with task manager.

Save yourself an hour and play something else.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hotfire90

« Reply #946 on: April 27, 2018, 02:44:35 pm »

F1 2015 is free until saturday 12pm Pacific Time on steam.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 28, 2018, 03:43:22 am »

F1 2015 is free until saturday 12pm Pacific Time on steam.
Again? Last time it was just a month ago, around 23rd March. Interesting...
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 28, 2018, 08:08:10 am »

If the reviews are anything to go by, it's kind of bad.

I'm not sure why people (because someone at a company is making these decisions) would think that giving away their worst or most broken game (see also: eador) would be a good idea. Do they think after trying it, players will be like "Wow, that was infuriating, I think I'll buy the newest game in the same series by the same company?"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 28, 2018, 10:28:41 am »

Just want to let you folks know - The ratings for this game read "Mixed" on the Steam Store. Haven't delved into the reviews to see why, but the game's still free and if you don't like it you can just uninstall it.
It was a step by step remake of an older game. Which in itswlf wasnt great. A kind of weird clone of heroes of might and magic, with some interesting mechanics but overall worse. The bad reviews were mostly by the fact that it was a buggy graphics facelift of the older game
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2018, 06:45:06 pm »

Free and available for two days on Steam: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.  I think it's permanent ownership; it doesn't have a timer when you click to add it to your account like trial offers.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 10, 2018, 12:27:04 pm »

Humble Bundle is offering The Flame in the Flood for free if you grab it in the next two days: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-flame-in-the-flood
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Finndibaenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 12, 2018, 05:54:43 pm »

Stories: The Path of Destinies is free on steam untill May 13.
No idea how good it is  but it has overall good rating

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2018, 10:06:46 pm »

I already own it. It's a somewhat Batman: Arkham-style brawler with a choose-your-own-adventure thing between levels, and you need a couple of playthroughs to unlock the final ending, though playthroughs are relatively short, maybe a couple of hours, and you keep all your progress between playthroughs.

I did encounter a few non-gamebreaking bugs, but those might have been fixed. Might also not be the most well-optimized. But I found it quite enjoyable to play, and probably would have still played through to see all the endings even after the canon ending if I didn't already have a million other things demanding my time and attention. Overall I'd recommend it, especially at the price of free.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hotfire90

« Reply #955 on: May 17, 2018, 01:07:34 pm »

Galactic Civilizations II is free on humble bundle for two days.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 19, 2018, 10:50:50 pm »

Prismata is available for free until May 21.  It's early access and I know nothing about it, but free is free.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 19, 2018, 11:44:06 pm »

PTW

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 20, 2018, 02:55:49 pm »

Humble Bundle is offering Knight Club, Hitchhiker, Quiet City, and Uurnog for free until next month. It's a promotion for their monthly bundle, so you have to scroll down a bit.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 22, 2018, 03:21:11 pm »

It's Unreal's 20th anniversary so Unreal Gold is free over at GOG for two days. (ends in ~44 hours from this post.)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 141