Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598087 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 09:15:49 pm »

I added a few games (Bontago, GeneRally, Scorcher3D, Ragdoll Matrix).

This shared document listing is really a good idea, i see lots of contributions being made.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 10:33:39 pm »

I added Survivor: The living dead, and discovered OpenClonk. YES!
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:36 pm »

Discovered on that list Strange Adventures in Inifinite Space that i never hear about before.

From what i read it became free in 2009 , and after toying a bit with it, i'm rather impressed by the simplicity and replayability that makes it a great game to play when you don't have much time in your hands.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:19 am »

That's because people are 'tards and make new posts instead of Necroing.

I think a might start a trend that whenever someone makes a new post and claims they know there's an older one, I will necro the older one.

I'm an ass like that about things I dislike.

This may be an odd question, but I swear you were the one who disliked it when people necro'd?

Or were you the guy all for it and it was some other guy?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 05:49:39 am »

+1 to stickying

Also, it would be cool if you could include the basic requirements for it
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 05:56:17 am »

one alternative to the stickying, necro debate would be to further sub divide this part of the forum. Rather than simply ' other games' section, you could have a series of sub forums by game genre; RTS, 4x, shooter, RPG etc. This could be combined with a sticky thread or two at the top. The thread turnover in each subforum would be lower so popular threads would remain on page 1 for that forum longer and less likly to become 'dead' to be necroed, or have inferior new threads produced
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 07:23:02 am »

Well, should just make a poll honestly, to see how many want a sticky. After gathering data we will be able to see if the idea is sound enough to be presented to Toady.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 07:44:41 am »

Dont hang me but...i got link for free games which i find best and there is added 5 or so games every week.
Now there is 1,535 games listed so far.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 07:55:07 am »

They have DF under Turn-Based Strategy 2D.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 07:56:38 am »

...Yeaahhhh

I think I prefer a list of games that was created by B12ers instead of a list on a forum I havn't heard of.

also, +1 for sticky
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 07:57:50 am »

Blasphemy!!

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 08:19:04 am »

Added Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous wonderment. Just needs any suitable subgenres I can't think of.

Search shows that it might even be a first for this forum, I haven't found any posts about it. It's a Yahtzee adventure game, quite fun.

I forward the idea of sticky. I'll see if I can locate any others... AnywhereBB.com has an outdated freeware list like this, I think there's some entries on it that aren't here yet.

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 08:27:39 am »

There's lots of free game lists out there, whole websites devoted to it. But the Bay12 Other Games section tends to have some superb suggestions, and there's very little in the way of crappy games being suggested here. So this seemed a little bit more fitting.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 11:17:31 am »

Yeah I think the main difference between this list and the sites devoted to compiling free games is that games on our list essentially come with a B12 recommendation, so at least someone here likes it.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 12:02:48 pm »

Can someone put "duty calls" on there? I haven't used an online spreadsheet and I don't want to mess it up.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 140