Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598137 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #855 on: July 20, 2017, 02:46:59 pm »

Shadow warrior special edition free over on humble bundle for 48h ish
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 20, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 14, 2017, 09:46:23 am »

Gog.com is having a pinata sale, as well as offering deadlight: directors cut for free.

Edit: autocorrect
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:49:31 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 14, 2017, 02:46:13 pm »

It's "Deadlight: Director's Cut". It's an action-y platformer set during the zombie apocalypse, about five months after Patient Zero.

The link is here.

The story doesn't seem great so far. Survivors going to a "safe" place, get attacked by bandits, which may or may not culminate in an Aesop about how humans can be worse than monsters (by the way, the zombies are called "Shadows" for whatever reason). I've run into a piece of dialogue where a character who's been shot and is dying states the obvious (I'm quoting as best I can: "They shot me. I'm dying...") and ends the conversation with "You have to..." before he dies.

The game often doesn't make it very clear what you can or can't do. For instance, You can't grab onto every edge, which can sometimes result in Randall falling to his death when you thought he'd just hang from the edge.

Combat is a bit odd. Melee attacks work on a system that makes sense (knock down before finishing), but I often wind up swinging my axe above a downed  Shadow when I thought I was going to finish him/her/it off. Additionally, using melee attacks drains stamina very quickly, making it okay against only a few Shadows at best.

Controls for the PC cannot be rebound or even viewed at all: Bringing up the controls menu simply puts an Xbox controller in your face. Additionally, the button commands for the skills the player is introduced (wall-jumping and rolling, for instance) to are not shown after they are introduced, meaning you have to remember them quite well.

The sound doesn't seem to work 100%. For instance, when I died by electrocution (which happened often, as I was confused as to where to go and wound up making mistakes), the sound that played for Randall's death played after I restarted from a checkpoint.

I should also mention that there's a surprising amount of working power sources even after five months of neglect and/or damage from Shadows/irresponsible survivors.

Shooting feels all right except for when you try to shoot something behind you. Then you have to exit shooting mode, turn around, then re-enter shooting mode again.

All in all, it's an ok game given that you get it for free, but it feels like the developers put more effort into the appearances than the writing or game design.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:21:37 pm by AzyWng »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 22, 2017, 03:39:34 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 26, 2017, 12:46:58 am »

This one is kind of odd but the developers of Darkwood are offering up a torrent of their game.  Here are a couple of articles on it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-25-darkwood-developer-releases-its-own-game-on-pirate-bay

http://kotaku.com/developers-put-popular-horror-game-on-pirate-bay-for-pl-1798432965

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 07, 2017, 08:02:26 pm »

I just noticed that Monaco is free on Steam until 10AM PST tomorrow. Claim it while it's there, it's a permanent copy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 07, 2017, 08:09:58 pm »

Thanks, I think I may have been interested in that a while ago... or at least the idea of it.

Will play and not report back 'cause fuck you guys I'm tremendously lazy regarding that kind of thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 08, 2017, 08:18:18 am »

Humblebundle.com is offering free copies of the walking dead: season 1 by telltale games for the next while.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 08, 2017, 05:24:08 pm »

Found those 2 program vs AI that allow to play the Dominion and San Juan card games

Dominion.NET , last version from february of this year and require NET framework
http://dominion.technowall.net/index.html
(rules for this card game can be found here : http://riograndegames.com/Game/278-Dominion )

JSanJuan , much older and require Java
http://www.compoundeye.net/jsanjuan/index.html
(rules for this one can be found here : http://riograndegames.com/Game/170-San-Juan )
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:42:51 pm by Robsoie »

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 08, 2017, 06:38:24 pm »

Steamworld Dig, is free on Origin.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 29, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »

The game that started it all...

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game is free on Steam until September 30th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #867 on: October 01, 2017, 04:37:07 pm »

damn it , i missed it by one day.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 07, 2017, 06:09:13 am »

Mystery of Fortune 2 (Google Play; Android phone device) is free until 3 days from this post; unsure as to when exactly, but it says 3 days sale.

Unsure how to link from phone here :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 07, 2017, 07:05:45 am »

'Ere yeh go. Mostly a matter of navigating to the store site from a browser and copying the address normally, for future reference.

Game's... kinda' neat. Vaguely reminiscent of a shallow (save maybe specifically in regards to ordering your minions), grindy, sorta' chaotic/messy, mobile app Ogre Battle. Not sure I'd recommend paying anything for it, but at the price of free it's definitely worth at least a gander.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:08:33 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 140