Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598086 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #990 on: August 03, 2018, 12:28:07 pm »

Noticed recently this :
http://minmaxia.com/c2/

It's basically a mix between all those "clickers" games given a "rpg/rogue" setup automated like Progress Quest in which the game play itself/improve your party members, with the action happening visually at real time using tilesets you probably saw in many graphic versions of roguelikes
Your interaction is about getting the upgrades required (gold or amount of corpses) for letting the game play itself more and assign different new skills for your party members.

a bit of a tip :
In castles unlocked after beating a specific amount of dungeons, there is a boss (that level is usually equal to the highest leveled guy of your party, a good idea is to enter a castle when all your party members has the same level)  that is usually stronger than your party, it's where all those scrolls you collect and should not waste during dungeon clearing enter the fray as you click on them for use and bring down said boss health greatly to help your puny party.

You should export your saved game from the Infos tab, better than counting on those cookies/whatever online saved game that may disappear depending on your browser settings, copy pasting given code for later use in import.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 03, 2018, 12:45:01 pm »

Clickpocalypse, yeah. It's also on mobile, and at least with a quick check the, uh. Performance on my tablet is/was much, much better :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 03, 2018, 06:30:25 pm »

Odd, on my old laptop the game seems to be running when looking at the game tab on the intended 60 fps in chrome at least, didn't checked with other browsers.
You have some rendering option you can turn off in the Infos tab too.

There's the original game too :
http://www.minmaxia.com/clickpocalypse/

that is rendering nothing but text (and play differently as you start with a character and gain party members during gameplay).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:36:11 pm by Robsoie »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 13, 2018, 02:48:01 pm »

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #994 on: August 13, 2018, 07:20:08 pm »

Thank you

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:51:55 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hotfire90

« Reply #996 on: August 22, 2018, 03:42:15 pm »

sokmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 30, 2018, 12:44:21 pm »

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/warhammer-40000-space-marine

WARHAMMER 40K Space Marine is free on bundle till 10AM  01.08.2018

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #998 on: September 03, 2018, 10:49:36 am »

Think I can put BoundWorlds here?  It sort of blurs the line between a world builder and a game at this point, and it's still in a kind of "perpetual developing alpha" sort of like Dwarf Fortress itself, but it is free and it is a game.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 07, 2018, 12:33:06 am »

So there was a game jam recently hosted by Game Maker's Toolkit.

The theme is "GENRE without MECHANIC".

Ensure the survival of someone who isn't yourself, run or shoot without seeing, set up defenses for people who are not your enemies, fight enemies without hurting them, fight your significant other without hurting them (physically, anyway), command units without moving them, and so on - but note that since the games are Game Jam stuff - made with a very limited time frame, they may suffer issues like "You have to close the game and reopen it to continue playing after a game over" or "Some features don't actually work".

Small games, sure, but free all the same.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 07, 2018, 10:43:02 pm »

Dead Frontier 2 is now available on Steam for no cost. At the time of this writing it was released very very recently, so there are likely to be design problems, bugs, and other issues just lying in wait to catch people unawares.

Will post more info as I spend more time on the game.

As far as performance goes, my laptop (which has no graphics card to speak of) can run it well enough (at least 30fps) with reduced resolution and the "Lowest" graphics preset. I would have went with "Potato" but that causes everything to appear the same regardless of whether the player would be shining their flashlihgt on it or not.

Anyway, Dead Frontier used to be top-down, but now they're going for a third-person over-the-shoulder perspective.

You start off with a set of damaged gear - including a gun, a piece of wood, and clothing. All of the damaged gear reduces your stats, but the pants let you carry more so you shouldn't drop those.

You don't seem to be capable of carrying huge amounts of ammo like in the original Dead Frontier games (Ammo only stacks up to thirty or so before it takes up a new inventory slot).

Zombies will sometimes get back up after seemingly dying, or may be hiding among the corpses in buildings. When in doubt, get the Stealth skill, crouch-walk up to the suspcious corpse, and hit it.

Speaking of which, when you level up, you earn a skill point used to acquire a skill. This can include things like unlocking the ability to dodge, the ability to kick, expanding your health pool, improving the speed at which you search things, and so on.

Zombies may also follow you into rooms, especially if you've fired a weapon while in the room. They won't immediately spot you if you're far away or if you're sneaking and out of their line of sight, though.

Indoors areas may have locked rooms, and keys may be found. Every so often you find places with sets of two locked doors - one with a key that can be found in an unlocked room, and one with a key found in the other locked room. The latter will always have a particularly tough zombie, which will become a searchable corpse when killed. This corpse nearly always contains a rare or better piece of equipment (maybe a good gun, a hat, etc.)

Both weapons and clothing can affect stats, including things like the odds of finding food, inventory space, headshot damage, search speed, and probably a whole lot more things.

Melee weapons have two different swings - vertical and horizontal. I can't really tell the difference between the two yet.

Guns need to be aimed for several seconds before they're accurate - shots will land anywhere within the four dots that appear when you're aiming, so you will need to take your time or you'll waste your ammo.

All in all, while the game is a bit clunky, I'm excited to see what Creaky Corpse entertainment (or whoever makes the game) does with this game.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:20:52 am by AzyWng »

sokmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 15, 2018, 03:00:56 am »

There is a bunch of free games avalible to download for free until 16 september

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Cheers

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 26, 2018, 09:23:25 am »

I have a bunch of GOG game codes that haven't been used for various reasons.  PM me if you want the games listed below, each line is one code:

Heroes of Annihilated Empires

Patrician 3

Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich

Icewind Dale 2 & Baldur's Gate 2

Neverwinter Nights & Dungeons and Dragons: Dragonshard & Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Icewind Dale & Icewind Dale 2

Neverwinter Nights Diamond

Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale & Neverwinter Nights Diamond & Baldur's Gate 2 & Neverwinter Nights 2

Master of Orion 1+2 & Master of Magic & Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri & Colonization, Sid Meier's & Fragile Allegiance & Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition & Space Empires IV Deluxe

Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale & Temple of Elemental Evil & Neverwinter Nights Diamond & Icewind Dale 2 & Dungeons and Dragons Dragonshard & Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone & Neverwinter Nights 2

Gateways & VVVVVV & Adventures of Shuggy & Escape Goat

Trine Enchanted Edition & Trine 2: Complete Story

ETA: If I send out a code and it isn't redeemed within a week I'll give it to someone else.  If a code is partially redeemed because the person I gave it to first already had some of those games in their account, I'll see if I can give the remaining games to someone else. I think that should work but haven't tried it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:57:54 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 26, 2018, 01:03:58 pm »

Oof, that's tempting. Only really interested in dragonshard, though, and don't wanna' ask for it if someone would want the rest of what it's latched to. Still, cheers ghills. Hopefully it'll go to a proverbial good home :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 26, 2018, 02:49:27 pm »

Oof, that's tempting. Only really interested in dragonshard, though, and don't wanna' ask for it if someone would want the rest of what it's latched to. Still, cheers ghills. Hopefully it'll go to a proverbial good home :P

I'll send you the first Dragonshard code. I'd rather it go to someone who actually wants to play it, and who knows, maybe you'll try the other 2 games at some point.  It's not like these codes are doing any good sitting around unused, after all.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 140