Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598265 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1065 on: January 11, 2019, 03:30:14 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 22, 2019, 11:20:21 am »

Flow Fire Games, makers of robot roguelike realistic-ish top-down shooter SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising have recently released a free standalone-ish expansion called SYNTHETIK: Arena.

Arena is free to play even if you don't own the original game, and I think progress from it can be linked to progress from Legion Rising, or something like that.

The Arena comes with 2 DLCs.

First is the Arena Upgrade DLC, which features Hard Mode for all Arena Missions, 8 new weapons (All of them series 5, giving players 2 choices for series 5 weapons, and not just one), and unlocks all pieces of arena gear.

Then there's the Arena Supporter DLC, which changes the default player drone to look like something called "Jimmy" (Cosmetic, changes color depending on which class you choose), a unique chat color, some wallpaper and printable unit cutouts, and a series 0 rifle called the Heavy M75 - which fires shots that punch through enemies and charges up damage when the player stands still.

Some of the weapons and equipment require referrals to unlock. These are acquired by sharing referral codes with other players - to see yours and to enter in another person's referral code, go into the multiplayer tab and click the button that says something about a "Referral Code". That should bring up a window that lets you see your code and enter in another person's code. Keep in mind you can only enter one person's code.

There's also another weapon that requires you to do a survey to unlock. The link is here. Once you've recieved your code from the survey, go into the game and type the code into the chat, keeping the /.

Here's my own friend referral code, if you're interested in playing. If you refer 4 different people to the game, you'll unlock the Titanium Deagle (I think that's what it's called).
3k0r-rUaZ

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 23, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »

GOG's got Distraint deluxe edition giveaway. Ends in 44 hours 45 minutes.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 24, 2019, 03:04:32 pm »

Amplitude is doing their annual anniversary promotions, so in addition to playing any of their stuff for the weekend, if you're willing to jump through needless hoops you can get Endless Space 1 (with expansions) free off the Games2Gether site by linking an account there with your Steam account. Or you could get it for 2$USD straight from Steam, but if you have any other Amplitude titles they've had a few other freebies over the years for more recent titles, so there's a bit more incentive to jump through their hoops.

[Some people are commenting that the linking currently isn't even working ATM, so it sounds like a proper Charlie Fox. They'll probably fix it though, as they're usually pretty good about that. Usually.]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:06:25 pm by E. Albright »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

JerryBulletSponge

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Steeeeeeeve Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 28, 2019, 07:29:31 pm »

Aurora 4x

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 29, 2019, 12:59:50 am »

Aurora 4x has already been added to the list of games that's present on the google drive spreadsheet, I believe.

JerryBulletSponge

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Steeeeeeeve Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 29, 2019, 03:01:14 pm »

Oh :'(

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 29, 2019, 03:34:19 pm »

oh
Seeing as how there is a 1305 page discussion of the game that might not have left the first page in the last year, that was kind of a forgone conclusion.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 29, 2019, 06:13:47 pm »

So, I've decided to resume trying to make/maintain the Freeware Games spreadsheet (I admittedly don't know how much traffic it sees).

There are plenty of smaller games that I think deserve a place on the spreadsheet, but I can't help but think they're neither large enough to be placed in the REAL games folder, or small enough to be placed in "Flash/Web games" (Not to mention the fact several of these games must be downloaded before they can be played).

I've decided to, for the time being, create a "Mini" games folder to house these smaller games. This is stuff like Nightclub Showdown, Roguelight, and a few other games I'll add to the tab soon. If there's a game that you think should be added, be sure to let me know about it. Additionally, if you think the tab should be removed or kept, let me know about that, too.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1075 on: January 29, 2019, 06:43:56 pm »

Always good to see more people interested in actively contributing to a community project!  :D

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 11, 2019, 12:06:55 pm »

LOL! I've been going through the spreadsheet and picking out a bunch of little gems (Cave Story, PlaneShift), but I didn't even notice there WERE tabs! Yay for reading. :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 11, 2019, 08:56:36 pm »

I mentionned Open Rails for people interested in open source train driving a few years ago in this thread.

If someone was interested, i recently noticed along newer version of Open Rails there's a starter kit, that is a new free route/train/activity for free for Open Rails if you want another one :
http://www.trainsimulations.net/ORTS_starter_pack.html

Another open source train driving sim i noticed recently is OpenBVE , that is based on the japanese BVE train sim serie that aim was to be more realistic in procedure than Microsoft Train Simulator (that was the basis of Open Rails)
https://openbve-project.net/
There are supposedly a lot of free routes and etc.. available for it and it should be able to run BVE4 addons too (but not BVE5 ones apparently).
but googling for them seems to be the way as there does not seem some centralised addon website (and OpenBVE by default come without any routes/trains, not even sample ones so you need to find a route and train to be able to at least run the sim), here's some bve links to help :
https://www.railserve.com/Computers/BVE/
Apparently OpenBVE is able to work with ready to use package to install them automatically, but i didn't found a single one , leading to having to install routes/trains manually
https://openbve-project.net/install-addons/

An example of free route / train i tested :
http://railsimroutes.net/bve_trainsim/x-city_south.php

in case you wish to try OpenBVE and get some routes/trains here's a basic how to even start your train as it can be puzzling, with the default keys (you can change them with the program)
- first press the key "F" then "V" (to move the Reverser to Forward then to Neutral again)
- it will emit some kind of alarm sound, press "Insert" key to stop it
- press the key "2" to elevate the pantograph (on some trains it may be raised by default on the test train i had it was raised) , once it catches electricity (sound and/or visual light on the control panel) it's good

- wait for the doors to close (at the start they do it automatically after a select time, but in other stop you can do it yourself with F5/F6 to open left/right ones or close them)
- you should hear a buzzer at some point, press key "6" to reply

- press "F" to set the Reverser to Forward

- press "Spacebar" to be able to start
- press key "A" a few time until you're in positive speed gear up and you're good to go

http://openbvesg.blogspot.com/p/how-to-drive.html
good luck being on time at each stop :D

edit 2 : when your train is moving , there are several safety measures in the tracks, sometime you'll roll over a signal that will trigger (probably you're going a bit too fast) , you have 3 seconds to do the following or the train will automatically apply the emergency brake :
press the "Insert" key , hold it half a second and release, if you did it in time (before the 3 seconds are elapsed) the sound will stop and you'll continue as normal, if you forget to do that in those 3 seconds, emergency brakes.
You'll then have to wait until the train stop, then a minute and you'll be able to resume your course, with passenger anger and your own shame :D.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:46:56 pm by Robsoie »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 12, 2019, 03:23:14 am »

I found this little game on itch.io: Daemon vs Demon

It's a simple hack 'n slash, isn't really challenging and it's fairly short (it took me ~30-40 minutes to finish it). It has some fun dialogue and overall I would say it's a nice game for your coffee break.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 13, 2019, 06:50:01 pm »

Is kerbal space program going to be removed?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 140