Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 78

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 322505 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Russian civil war "expert"
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1080 on: January 29, 2019, 03:34:19 pm »

oh
Seeing as how there is a 1305 page discussion of the game that might not have left the first page in the last year, that was kind of a forgone conclusion.
Wanted to host a great feast.
Accidentally commited suicide.
Posses help delinquent players!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 29, 2019, 06:13:47 pm »

So, I've decided to resume trying to make/maintain the Freeware Games spreadsheet (I admittedly don't know how much traffic it sees).

There are plenty of smaller games that I think deserve a place on the spreadsheet, but I can't help but think they're neither large enough to be placed in the REAL games folder, or small enough to be placed in "Flash/Web games" (Not to mention the fact several of these games must be downloaded before they can be played).

I've decided to, for the time being, create a "Mini" games folder to house these smaller games. This is stuff like Nightclub Showdown, Roguelight, and a few other games I'll add to the tab soon. If there's a game that you think should be added, be sure to let me know about it. Additionally, if you think the tab should be removed or kept, let me know about that, too.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 29, 2019, 06:43:56 pm »

Always good to see more people interested in actively contributing to a community project!  :D

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 11, 2019, 12:06:55 pm »

LOL! I've been going through the spreadsheet and picking out a bunch of little gems (Cave Story, PlaneShift), but I didn't even notice there WERE tabs! Yay for reading. :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 11, 2019, 08:56:36 pm »

I mentionned Open Rails for people interested in open source train driving a few years ago in this thread.

If someone was interested, i recently noticed along newer version of Open Rails there's a starter kit, that is a new free route/train/activity for free for Open Rails if you want another one :
http://www.trainsimulations.net/ORTS_starter_pack.html

Another open source train driving sim i noticed recently is OpenBVE , that is based on the japanese BVE train sim serie that aim was to be more realistic in procedure than Microsoft Train Simulator (that was the basis of Open Rails)
https://openbve-project.net/
There are supposedly a lot of free routes and etc.. available for it and it should be able to run BVE4 addons too (but not BVE5 ones apparently).
but googling for them seems to be the way as there does not seem some centralised addon website (and OpenBVE by default come without any routes/trains, not even sample ones so you need to find a route and train to be able to at least run the sim), here's some bve links to help :
https://www.railserve.com/Computers/BVE/
Apparently OpenBVE is able to work with ready to use package to install them automatically, but i didn't found a single one , leading to having to install routes/trains manually
https://openbve-project.net/install-addons/

An example of free route / train i tested :
http://railsimroutes.net/bve_trainsim/x-city_south.php

in case you wish to try OpenBVE and get some routes/trains here's a basic how to even start your train as it can be puzzling, with the default keys (you can change them with the program)
- first press the key "F" then "V" (to move the Reverser to Forward then to Neutral again)
- it will emit some kind of alarm sound, press "Insert" key to stop it
- press the key "2" to elevate the pantograph (on some trains it may be raised by default on the test train i had it was raised) , once it catches electricity (sound and/or visual light on the control panel) it's good

- wait for the doors to close (at the start they do it automatically after a select time, but in other stop you can do it yourself with F5/F6 to open left/right ones or close them)
- you should hear a buzzer at some point, press key "6" to reply

- press "F" to set the Reverser to Forward

- press "Spacebar" to be able to start
- press key "A" a few time until you're in positive speed gear up and you're good to go

http://openbvesg.blogspot.com/p/how-to-drive.html
good luck being on time at each stop :D

edit 2 : when your train is moving , there are several safety measures in the tracks, sometime you'll roll over a signal that will trigger (probably you're going a bit too fast) , you have 3 seconds to do the following or the train will automatically apply the emergency brake :
press the "Insert" key , hold it half a second and release, if you did it in time (before the 3 seconds are elapsed) the sound will stop and you'll continue as normal, if you forget to do that in those 3 seconds, emergency brakes.
You'll then have to wait until the train stop, then a minute and you'll be able to resume your course, with passenger anger and your own shame :D.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:46:56 pm by Robsoie »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 12, 2019, 03:23:14 am »

I found this little game on itch.io: Daemon vs Demon

It's a simple hack 'n slash, isn't really challenging and it's fairly short (it took me ~30-40 minutes to finish it). It has some fun dialogue and overall I would say it's a nice game for your coffee break.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Pika Pika!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 13, 2019, 06:50:01 pm »

Is kerbal space program going to be removed?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • The brochure sure didn't mention any of this shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 13, 2019, 10:11:26 pm »

Guess so. Seems like the demo's been removed...

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 15, 2019, 04:55:39 am »

Ortus Regni a free digital version of the board game from the game publisher themselves.

It's a card game set in Anglo-Saxon England. The game supports both single player and multiplayer (though I haven't tried the later) and it's generally fairly relaxed and not overly complex. It supports up to 4 (iirc) players/bots with the number of players having a big effect on the game's dynamics even on the lowest difficulty.

You can design your deck from the get go allowing you good amount of flexibility regarding play style/strategies be it straight military might, diplomacy, political intrigue, gambling or a mix of those.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 15, 2019, 08:19:16 pm »

Thanks a lot for pointing me to this excellent card game.

It has a good depth with several ways to win, the training is very well done as it is a mini-campaign with each chapter going through a key game mechanic to help you understand the concepts and rules better.

There are offline AI opponents too that knows how to play, very good for people like me not interested in the online part of this game.

It takes a few games to start getting used to the rules (right click on any card to learn what it can do) but once you're understanding what's going on, it is fantastic.

Don't underestimate the importance of sending more emissary to the vikings, after some time they are strong enough to become game ending threat.
I was playing with 3 AI on a free for all using one of the stock deck (that had no emissary card) , and the last remaining AI finally kicked my sorry earldom by getting the vikings to attacking me in force while i was on my last lands (as i resisted that AI previous attempt to invade by repelling its own army) :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:20:57 pm by Robsoie »

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 16, 2019, 04:57:13 am »

You are welcome  :)

Yes, the Vikings are a very fun mechanic and I won my first game (outside of the tutorial) with their help. I ‘m not sure if that deck has any vassals but you can send them to the Vikings too, though they are not as effective as the emissaries. Church control is also very fun when the ai battle each other and you get the “church decides battle” card.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Rots in the marsh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 16, 2019, 06:58:57 am »

To me it looked like yeat another so-called "tutorial" that adamantly refuses both to actually explain anything to you and to allow you to do ANYTHING yourself ("Click there. Now, click there. No-no, i will not let you quit the game!"). So i did quit immediately.  :P Second is bad enough for me, anyways.
Also the table is so goddamn zoomed out, that i make out which card is which mostly by general colors(probably exagerrating a bit. A bit).
Probably will look closer into it, though.
Rest of the sigs
Again, we were meant to scout out the place, bribe the right people, get intel, sneak in, sneak out. We are currently somewhere beneath the crater, fumbling for gasmasks

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 18, 2019, 10:12:54 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 18, 2019, 09:44:09 pm »

Also the table is so goddamn zoomed out...
Probably will look closer into it, though.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 26, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »

In news that isn't jokes, Hitman 2 has the first level and the tutorial temporarily free on Steam.

It's a stealth exploration game, where you have to figure out the best way to kill a person. Then you do it again in another, stupider way, because it's entertaining.

downsides: temporary, online-only (DRM, but it's already Steam)
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 78