Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 140

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 598214 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1470 on: July 30, 2021, 12:03:23 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 05, 2021, 05:37:58 pm »

The rather impressive game "A Plague Tale : Innocence" is available for free this week on the epic store.
There's another one "Minit" also available.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 07, 2021, 02:50:08 am »

??? A $40 game for free?

Is it temporary, or is Epic Games hoping to get some more traffic?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 07, 2021, 04:14:46 am »

The weekly freebies of the epic store are available to claim for free only for a week, after that they go back to notfree, and other games will become free to claim for a week.

But once you claimed a freebie like that on the epic store , it's yours "forever" (well similarly to steam i mean, meaning it's not completely yours due to DRM and who know what happens really if epic/steam disappear regardless of their promises).

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 07, 2021, 02:58:08 pm »

??? A $40 game for free?

Is it temporary, or is Epic Games hoping to get some more traffic?

Epic gives away lots of expensive games, they been doing that for a while now.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 08, 2021, 11:16:21 am »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 12, 2021, 01:31:56 pm »

Rebel Galaxy is this week freebie on the epic store.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 20, 2021, 04:32:57 am »

"Void Bastards" and "Yoka-Laylee" are the weekly freebie on the Epic Store
Void Bastard is surprisingly (as i never heard about it and the screenshots seemed rather bland) very good though probably a bit repetitive after a while, a mix of FPS, roguelike and space ships exploration.
There's some humor too and lots of challenge, so far i have a lot of fun.

The other game i can't comment as i don't play , but according to wikipedia i may trigger some people interest :
Developed by Playtonic Games, a group of former key personnel from Rare, Yooka-Laylee is a spiritual successor to the Banjo-Kazooie series released for the Nintendo 64 nearly 20 years prior.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 08:05:02 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 26, 2021, 12:08:52 pm »

This week the freebies on the epic store are
Saint Row the Third Remastered , from what i see it's some giant visual upgrade of the old Saint Row 3 and has all the old dlc already bundled inside
Automachef that is a factorio kind of game, but you make automated kitchen and restaurants apparently

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 26, 2021, 12:41:11 pm »

The SR3 remaster was panned pretty bad for how it actually plays - it's prettier, but the gameplay and AI performance was fairly frequently criticized as being as bad or worse than the original, with audio bugs as well. Which is disappointing, since SR3 was a lot of fun and I'd love to play it prettied up.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 26, 2021, 12:59:20 pm »

My only experience with that serie of game was with Saint Row 2 on PC when it was given for free by gog at some point.
Unfortunately the PC version was one of the most horribly badly optimised piece of game i ever tried that needed a 3rd party mod (named " gentlemen of the row" ) to turn from "unplayable" to at least "barely playable".
Never looked into that serie after that.

For the sad anecdote, the genius modder that had made the mentionned mod that liked so much the game he was wanting to make it completely playable was hired at some point and was working on an actual SR2 official patch that should have been released this year, but very sadly the man passed away very recently, may he be at peace in a better place :
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-26-tributes-to-saints-row-modder-mike-idolninja-watson-who-has-died

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 09, 2021, 11:29:31 am »

epic games is giving out nioh: the complete edition and sheltered for free for the next week, just as a heads up.

nioh is def worth if you are a dark souls style fan

i dont know about sheltered but it looks like my jam as well, its a survival bunker sim
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 11, 2021, 01:11:41 am »

Shame that Nioh has the worst keyboard controls I've ever experienced, as my controller is broken. I can't even play it :(

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 16, 2021, 12:22:07 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 140