Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 614094 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1680 on: April 24, 2022, 05:19:57 pm »

Is Stunt Car Racing the same game I remember from the 286-386 era, called Stunts?
Or at least the game ran with stunts.exe (and st.exe).
I remember loopings, and endless fun building tracks
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 24, 2022, 05:56:29 pm »

You guys are confusing Geoff Crammond's Stunt Car Racer (also known as Stunt Track Racer) from 1989 with Stunts (also known as 4D Sports Driving) from 1990. Stunts was the game with the track editor. (And there were also Stunt Driver from 1990 and Hard Drivin' from 1989.)

@Robsoie: You have a there 0 to much.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:58:44 pm by Überzwerg »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: April 24, 2022, 06:53:26 pm »

Oops, nasty typo  :D
On Atari/Amiga Stunt Car Racer had no track editor, but it didn't prevent some guys to create their own tracks, "Stunt Car Racer TNT" that can be played on amiga and emulator :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijHfXM1BSLM&list=PLNaRDbJy2B6EHMJHhj4Uryp2ogT2NIIoT
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 06:56:19 pm by Robsoie »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 24, 2022, 09:05:49 pm »

Überzwerg, you're 100% right. Checking some additional screenshots, particularly ones of the mode select screen, I definitely played Stunts, not Stunt driver.

(Although I don't remember it being called Stunts OR 4D Sports Driving.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:07:26 pm by E. Albright »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 25, 2022, 12:07:28 am »

Found this game on Steam after a friend mentioned it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1609390/DataJack/

It's a sort of stealth-action game about being a gun-for-hire in a corporation-dominated world. It's sort of janky, but I liked it. I haven't played enough games that let me blow up walls.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #1685 on: April 25, 2022, 06:52:17 am »

You guys are confusing Geoff Crammond's Stunt Car Racer (also known as Stunt Track Racer) from 1989 with Stunts (also known as 4D Sports Driving) from 1990.

Oh, indeed ! I played both of them actually it seems, based on screenshots i found, and my brains made them One.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 25, 2022, 07:35:12 am »

You guys are confusing Geoff Crammond's Stunt Car Racer (also known as Stunt Track Racer) from 1989 with Stunts (also known as 4D Sports Driving) from 1990. Stunts was the game with the track editor. (And there were also Stunt Driver from 1990 and Hard Drivin' from 1989.)
I used to love that game. That track editor really blew my mind when I first encountered it, probably over a decade after the game have been released.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1687 on: April 25, 2022, 07:35:54 am »

Found this game on Steam after a friend mentioned it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1609390/DataJack/

It's a sort of stealth-action game about being a gun-for-hire in a corporation-dominated world. It's sort of janky, but I liked it. I haven't played enough games that let me blow up walls.

Interesting. Added to my steam.
RE Destructibles: I assume you're familiar with the Red Faction series?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 25, 2022, 02:00:02 pm »

Its time to D-d-d-d-d--Duel

Dueling network is more of a virtual tabletop then a proper game, but if you are a fan of yugioh or just like to see what the latest wtfbrokenop card is its a good deal of fun

~snipped sketchy url, no way anybody is clicking that~

Virus?!?!?
Ya, it's super sketchy.

Its not quite a "Good" yugioh game yet, but given the nominal lack of interest since this quoted postchain, Yugioh Master-Duel made by konami is a perfectly acceptable F2P card game to have in your steam library. Albiet i wouldn't say modern Yugioh is any better than hearthstone in monetization but its certainly a nostalgia trip if you wanted some dueling and there are some solo modes that arent pricey (let me rephrase, they're free for anything but your time) that give out viable decks and goodies.

Out of anybody's speculations the devteam on it are completely overworked to deliver long term goals (classic mode, more formatting, banlists, extra card archetype support) and you'll die to OTK tropes a lot of the time but its nice to see all the cards again and be exodia'd for old times sake.

EDBPro is probably the best free yugioh simulator out there. Has both regular formats, plus a lot of things that showed up in the animes but not in any official setting, ie Action Duels, Speed Duels, even Dimension Duels from the Dark of Dimensions movie.

but it also doesn't have matchmaking built in, and isn't official soooo :P

https://projectignis.github.io/download.html

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 25, 2022, 07:22:10 pm »

Noticed indiegala give away a game named " World's Dawn " , drm free

Having never heard about it, apparently it's in the same genre as the Harvest Moon serie (those game that are a mix of farming,  upgrading tools and interacting with various NPC to finally marry one)
But checking people reviews it seems the farming aspect is more limited than in an usual HM-like, and the game focus supposedly more on the interactions with the various NPC. 

But reading more reviews it seems that World's Dawn have people really liking it saying people who like HM should like it, or really disliking it and saying people that like HM will not like it, hard to get an idea if it's a good or bad HM-like with that :D

edit :
Quick Note: You may need to create an empty folder named "Diary" in order for the save features to properly function, if it was not already generated in the main folder.
edit 2 : gave a try , the "diary" folder is already there.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 07:32:17 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: April 28, 2022, 04:01:27 pm »

The freebies of this week on the epic store are "Just Die Already" and "Paradigm"
Paradigm seems to be a very odd surreal point&click adventure game.

Just Die Already is from the Goat Simulator devs and is also all about rampaging in sandbox city, except that instead of goat you play as elderly people that were thrown out of their retirement home. Lots of fun to have if you liked Goat Simulator.

Next week it should be a PC version of a boardgame named "Terraforming Mars"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 06:07:17 pm by Robsoie »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 30, 2022, 01:48:11 pm »

Mido is an alien kid having nightmares about zombie aliens. One night he draws a creature, Di, and it comes alive to teach Mido how to fight zombies.

Free to keep when you get it before May 2 @ 11:00am. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1691560/Mido_and_Di/
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 30, 2022, 06:33:17 pm »

Next week it should be a PC version of a boardgame named "Terraforming Mars"

Heartily recommend this when it comes next week. I got it in a Steam bundle last fall and sunk a solid 100h or so on it. Very faithful to the tabletop game, and the tabletop game is very, very good.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 05, 2022, 10:59:49 am »

And this week freebie is the boardgame PC adaptation "Terraforming Mars"
next week it should be "Jotun Valhalla Edition" and "Prey" (again)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 08, 2022, 12:51:12 pm »

Spotted this nice relaxing game that will also make you work your geography knowledge, in which you fly over a smaller but well enough detailled version of Earth , getting and dropping packages on specific locations :
https://sebastian.itch.io/geographical-adventures
A game on unity that does not run like crap, that's interesting :)
I just wish controls could be rebound.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 12:53:06 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 142