Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 614084 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1950 on: May 04, 2023, 12:40:49 pm »

Note that Sims 4 is permanently free on the EA store (without expansions) but no idea if expansions obtained on the epic store can be used on a game obtained on the EA one

Sims4 basegame is also permanently free on Epic (and Steam, for that matter), so while IDK about cross-platform compatibility (and given this is EA we're talking about, I'd tend to be pessimistic), anyone who gets those will be able to use them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: May 04, 2023, 12:45:10 pm »

Pretty sure it’s free on consoles too.

Evidently they realized that they make more money selling all their little cosmetics than they do selling the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 04, 2023, 01:25:49 pm »

From what i remember, they made the base game free on every platform, but isn't origin required like in nearly all EA recent games ?
I mean last time epic store gave away an EA game (Star Wars Squadron) in order to play it you had to install the EA origin thingy.

Can't say more as i'm neither interested in sims 4 and not willing to get origin on my system

edit : from https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Sims_4
All versions require Origin DRM.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 02:05:25 pm by Robsoie »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: May 05, 2023, 11:29:41 am »

They did announce loud and proud that they would be coming back to steam.

Certainly haven't tried all games but when subscriping to EA play on steam, you can download and play your games on steam.

Also star wars jedi order actually has some legacy bullshit were you linked your steam and origin account (if buying on steam I presume). Not sure what's it good for because:

None of these avenues allow you to DL and play via steam if you were dumb enough to buy the game on origin (not that there was any choice when bfv released)

I'm still mad, I got it in end of 2018 for my new pc when rtx was super new like only half a dozen titles to feature it, it's actually the most fun MP fps I have, I love big scale, I love vehicles etc... Yeah but you simply cannot play it casually, despite them announcing they would stop work on the game (there were maps scheduled that got canceled), because everytime you just want a quick match there is an update except, well origin first churns to your HDD for like 6 hours before they actually start downloading anything at all, surely bc the game is bloated AF, sure as shit doesn't need to take 80gb.

Also once in blue moon I will have network connectivity issues, nothing real, it's entirely software sided... When that happens my computer tells me I have network but no internet and sends me to the homepage of my router... Well if I keep origin on my computer I will have that at least several times a week , if not a day... Not suspicious at all eh. I'll show tencent my chocolate starfish before I'll believe EA isn't ten times fishier.

I will never forgive them, you owe me a functional copy of bfv deluxe edition EA, eat shit and choke on it EA.

I started this rant before you added your edit, of course it would be like that, these :( I tell you...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 02:08:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: May 11, 2023, 06:21:57 am »

I'm very interested in the upcoming Sims-clones. I'm not a huge Sims fan, but I go on a yearly or bi-yearly dulge into into them, and I was pretty disappointed by 4. Currently I'm only aware of the newly announced Life By You by Paradox Interactive, releasing this autumn I think, and the indie Paralives which still hasn't gone into EA but has seen several years of development. I believe I heard of a third one but I forgot the name and googling gives me nil.

Anyway, I'm hoping the Sims will get some healthy competition in the genre.
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: May 11, 2023, 10:09:32 am »

While this week the freebie on the epic store is not a game unfortunately but only a bundle of a few dlc for the game "Sims 4" , starting next week there will be a "mystery" game (or two according to some reports) every week until June 15, so hopefully some good games coming.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 11, 2023, 12:57:25 pm »

I'm very interested in the upcoming Sims-clones. I'm not a huge Sims fan, but I go on a yearly or bi-yearly dulge into into them, and I was pretty disappointed by 4. Currently I'm only aware of the newly announced Life By You by Paradox Interactive, releasing this autumn I think, and the indie Paralives which still hasn't gone into EA but has seen several years of development. I believe I heard of a third one but I forgot the name and googling gives me nil.

There's Tiny Life which is out in early access. Probably worth watching for when it hits 1.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: May 12, 2023, 04:12:15 pm »

There's Tiny Life which is out in early access. Probably worth watching for when it hits 1.0

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded the demo ;)
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: May 16, 2023, 01:59:47 pm »

On gog and steam there's a (permanently) short freebie you can get named "Bloody Hell"
https://www.gog.com/en/game/bloody_hell
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2056220/Bloody_Hell/

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: May 18, 2023, 09:57:52 am »

This week epic freebie "mystery" game is a bit of a let down (for a mystery game i mean) as it's Death Stranding again (confirming what people guessed)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: May 18, 2023, 12:20:37 pm »

Metro Last Light (not the redux version, only the older version with older models and textures oddly despite Redux has been given away on several stores in the past) is free to claim on steam this week.
Apparently it also comes with the DLC (that are included in Redux).
https://store.steampowered.com/app/43160/Metro_Last_Light_Complete_Edition/

Even if the Redux is better visually, it is still a very good game.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 12:24:09 pm by Robsoie »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: May 19, 2023, 08:46:02 am »

This week epic freebie "mystery" game is a bit of a let down (for a mystery game i mean) as it's Death Stranding again (confirming what people guessed)
They want you to pay $4.99 to get the director's cut (which is the only version worth having from what I hear.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: May 19, 2023, 12:18:24 pm »

on gog there's a freebie from 1990 "Fiendish Freddy's Big Top O' Fun" to claim, it's in the multi-event sport genre like old track&field/california games/purple saturn day/etc... but setup in a circus
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:20:50 pm by Robsoie »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 19, 2023, 12:21:42 pm »

I hope that’s the game I think it is because high diving into a glass of water is always entertaining.

Edit: it is that game, lots of things I don’t recall in it also.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:23:17 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: May 24, 2023, 11:39:24 pm »

If you think you can beat this game, be my guest.

https://archive.org/details/homerunderby_en

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 11:41:52 pm by dikbutdagrate »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 142