Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: More evil Conservative buildings.  (Read 7550 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
More evil Conservative buildings.
« on: February 16, 2011, 02:26:05 pm »

Just some rough ideas for more buildings to add, spice it up a little.

Corporation Skyscraper

A massive Skyscraper in the Downtown area owned by those douches at the Corporate HQ. It has tons of floors which could serve different purposes. For example, a Research and Development area on one floor where you can destroy some equipment and encounter Eminent Scientists and Lab Techs. Top floor could be the CEO's office, where you encounter heavy security and a single CEO. Naturally, security is tight throughout the entire building and you might even see an Agent or two.

Stores and stuff

In the Commercial District, you can have areas you can roam in (Named such as Oak Street or Gray Avenue) that are filled with stores. Naturally, these stores are for causing trouble rather than buying things. For example, hold up a Conservative shop and kidnap the owner. When you brainwash him he can go back, turning it into a fine Liberal establishment and increasing Liberal support. However, if you try to Kidnap the owner he might hit the panic button, and police will be on your tail in no time.

I'll think of more things to include later.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Buffalo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: More evil Conservative buildings.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »

More location-related stuff would be great, especially places to shoot conservatives.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 11:00:19 pm »

I know Banks have been requested several times.  With the recent Banking Crisis and the Banks getting sympathy almost exclusively from the Conservative members of Congress, perhaps now it would be appropriate for Bank Raids to not only be acts of fundraising, but also statements of Liberalism!

Noted Bank Robbers:
The Symbonese Front (aka the group the LCS is loosely based upon)
Joseph Stalin ("hero" of Communism)
Bonnie and Clyde->Fighting for woman's rights to rob banks!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 12:36:36 am »

Oooh

What about a Conservatorium?

Edit: Sorry, stupid comment. I am keeping this here only out of "Well I posted it anyway"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 01:01:26 am »

Banks would be great.  But aren't Conservatoriums bastions of elite liberal snobbery?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:13:45 am »

Banks would be great.  But aren't Conservatoriums bastions of elite liberal snobbery?
You're thinking of the Liberatorium, or possibly the Cartertorium or Goretorium. Everyone knows the Conservatorium is full of conservative scum. Liberal music comes from the Heart, and features lyrics about saving the planet. This is liberal music.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:31 am »

Yeah, what kind of bastard would cage trees and charge you to see them?

Also Liberal Music.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 08:33:36 am »

I know Banks have been requested several times.  With the recent Banking Crisis and the Banks getting sympathy almost exclusively from the Conservative members of Congress, perhaps now it would be appropriate for Bank Raids to not only be acts of fundraising, but also statements of Liberalism!

Noted Bank Robbers:
The Symbonese Front (aka the group the LCS is loosely based upon)
Joseph Stalin ("hero" of Communism)
Bonnie and Clyde->Fighting for woman's rights to rob banks!
Maybe add the liberal version of banks too, Credit Unions.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 05:34:31 pm »

I'd suggest adding Credit Unions only as a location that the CCS hits.  Currently, each Conservative insitutution in the game has some Liberal counterpart that triggers as a location that the CCS can hit in news stories.  Thus, in order to create Banks, the Liberal Credit Unions would make sense as the Liberal target of the CCS, but not as a location that the LCS would actually interact with.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »

Noted Bank Robbers:
!!Joseph Stalin ("hero" of Communism)

Wasn't Stalin a Conservative?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 08:45:58 pm »

I suggest that we add in an Arch-Conservative Megachurch, and a religion issue to fit it. I'm not really sure what we could use for a liberal counterpart for the CCS to attack. Liberal Churches?

Also, at the risk of Too Soon Syndrome, we could add in an Offshore Oil Rig, with a liberal counterpart in a Solar Energy Farm.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:58:57 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 09:23:26 pm »

I suggest that we add in an Arch-Conservative Megachurch, and a religion issue to fit it. I'm not really sure what we could use for a liberal counterpart for the CCS to attack. Liberal Churches?

Also, at the risk of Too Soon Syndrome, we could add in an Offshore Oil Rig, with a liberal counterpart in a Solar Energy Farm.
I
I like the sound of everything you just suggested.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »

I like everything in this thread, but can we change the 'jesus' to 'the pope' to make a bit more sense?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 09:31:15 pm »

I don't know if I'd recommend banks. Banks are a rather prominent enemy of conservatives as well these days, not just liberals.

What about some sort of stock market oriented location, or something like that?

Oil rig is a good idea, corporate skyscraper is a little redundant since we have the HQ, and some sort of upper-crust shopping place would be nice.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 09:33:14 pm »

I like everything in this thread, but can we change the 'jesus' to 'the pope' to make a bit more sense?
You expect LCS to make sense? Besides, the Jesus Veto would, from my perspective, just be the government having a veto that cannot be overcome by Congress or the President to keep the nation conservative. In addition, there are twice as many Protestants as Catholics in the United States population, so the Pope having the vote wouldn't...err...make sense. [/hypocrite]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6