Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The LCS Wiki...  (Read 4111 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: The LCS Wiki...
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 01:23:44 pm »

Oh yeah. I've writen texts for all sites in Downtown, Commercial and University Districts, with a more verbose format and titled The Urban Revolutionary's Handbook to <name of city> and written in-universe and guidebookish. I'll post a few examples of the texts I made:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the in-universe format suits the LCS atmosphere extremely well, and in my opinion is better than a plain list format, but I'll leave it up to you for decide. If you want more texts, as I said, I've got everything in Downtown, Commercial and University districts done like this, except for CCS hideout as of now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:25:25 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:48 pm »

EDIT: After some time of playing from a simulated total newbie viewpoint, I think the parts that require documentation the most are sites. A short description for each site for atmosphere and information (what issues could be changed here, what special actions are available here, what kind of resistance should be expected here...) would be nice. I'll get busy and try to get them done today. Weapons and armor could also use some online documentation.

Agreed.

Actually, can't attacking sites be counterproductive if you don't have your own paper and the newspaper spins it as a "rampage"? I forget.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 01:51:49 pm »

Kay, throw what you have up here and I'll gladly work them into the wiki article.

I'd still prefer some listing, if for no other reason than to be able to cross-reference the words with their related topics. Perhaps we could put the new descriptions first instead of last?

G-Flex, newpapers only spin a story as a Rampage if you Alienate the Masses or Alienate everyone. The chance of a rampage story depends on how well liked and respected the LCS is and your ratio of activism to blind violence.

Generally:
Killing conservatives will often not trigger a rampage unless you kill a TON of people.
Hitting an innocent bystander who does not die immedetly  almost always will.
Lots of activism can cover for mistakes.
Having the liberal guardian up will increase the amount of respect you get for each raid, and will help mitigate respect loss for a rampage. As seen with the "LCS SORRY!" headline.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:57:17 pm by Jamini »
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 01:58:49 pm »

Too bad it's all in C++, it'll take a while to de-format everything, and it's getting late. But I guess I have nothing better to do, so I'll just get busy. Check back after a while...

AAAND it's done. I'm not a native speaker by the way, I doubt there are many errors but fix any you see. I'm rather glad this worked out like this, because I was just getting started working on the code for presenting these texts and it would've been a horrible mess if I ever got to making it appear onscreen. Believe me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:27:56 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 [2]