Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: More evil Conservative buildings.  (Read 7489 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More evil Conservative buildings.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:42 pm »

The "Jesus veto" sounds silly even by LCS standards. It's completely farcical. Why the hell does it go from "separation of church and state in name only" straight to "laws approved by Jesus himself"? Why not just an actual theocratic level, something like:

C+: All laws passed by Congress must in accordance with fundamentalist Christian doctrine, and laws passed specifically to uphold this doctrine are accepted.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 09:42:49 pm »

The "Jesus veto" sounds silly even by LCS standards. It's completely farcical. Why the hell does it go from "separation of church and state in name only" straight to "laws approved by Jesus himself"?
I mostly came up with it because, apparantly, at one point an older version of LCS had a now removed religion issue. At least, that's what the LCS wiki implies. The Arch-Conservative version of that involved laws being passed by Jesus. It sounded good enough to me that I put it in the suggestion. After all, in the LCS's world, laws being passed seem to alter reality. (Like with Elite Liberal Animal Rights)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 04:30:28 am »

Jesus Veto would make sense for the "you lose" scenario, which also has (the corpse of) Ronald Reagan as King of America in perpetuity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 05:31:14 am »

Any "You Lose" situation in Liberal Crime Squad, other then death, are basically situations where you cannot take back America even if you tried (Similar to how winning does the same thing)

So yeah the Jesus Veto (Which to me sounds like the perfect name for it... Afterall "What would Jesus do" is an actual phrase), or Presidential Soverienty.

Though I guess we could think of more such as Corperate State, The Brainwashing Act/Liberalism is insanity Act, and GLOBAL WARMING!!!

As for EVIL conservative buildings it is hard to say. The game already has a conservative meeting place and the game thankfully leaves churches alone.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 06:00:04 am »

I suggest that we add in an Arch-Conservative Megachurch, and a religion issue to fit it. I'm not really sure what we could use for a liberal counterpart for the CCS to attack. Liberal Churches?

Also, at the risk of Too Soon Syndrome, we could add in an Offshore Oil Rig, with a liberal counterpart in a Solar Energy Farm.
Love the church idea, though I do have a few proposed tweaks.

Liberal mega-church counter-part could be the Secularist Society.

Rather than Jesus having right of veto, we could have a new government position at C and C+. I can't think of any good names. Pope of the United Church of America? Archbishop General? The Voice of Jesus? Anyway, at C+ religion this person should have an additional veto. To make it different from the current Presidential veto, it may only apply to the Supreme Court decisions. That would mean that, at C+ religion, the only way of making real progress would be by changing the mind of the people on the issue of religion.

An offshore oil rig may be hard to get to and from, so we may have to do without the Beautiful Poignance.   

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 12:39:18 pm »

New buildings should correspond to issues that are currently hard to affect, such as those that require raiding the courthouse. Also, how about additions to existing buildings to be able to achieve different things? For example, being able to steal cars from certain places would be cool - police cars from police station, sports cars from CEO residence. Net Cafe should offer a possibility of planting hacking programs and key-loggers perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:45:16 pm by Svirfneblim »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 02:48:33 pm »

New buildings should correspond to issues that are currently hard to affect, such as those that require raiding the courthouse. Also, how about additions to existing buildings to be able to achieve different things? For example, being able to steal cars from certain places would be cool - police cars from police station, sports cars from CEO residence. Net Cafe should offer a possibility of planting hacking programs and key-loggers perhaps?

Yes maybe the ULTIMATE Liberal building should have a nearly unpickable door that reveals the location for its true nature... A Conservative plot.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 07:22:36 pm »

Guys, guys. The Liberal counterpart to the Arch-Conservative Megachurch is, of course, the Local Unitarian Universalist Church.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »

For the Conservative Skyscraper idea, could that possibly function as the game's major tribute to Rogue? In that the squad enters at the very bottom, and (Rather than travelling downwards) travel upwards, fighting 'boss' characters (Eminent scientists, radio personalities, CEO, CCS Leader, Death Squad Commando, etc.) on their way to the top, where there lies...some very important bit of loot that would greatly boost the Liberal cause. Along the way encountering shops, telephones that let them call for help (replacement squad members, guns, the equivalent of shrines, basically), and first aid rooms (Where characters can heal).

That just popped in to my head the second I saw "Conservative Skyscraper". Definitely does not fit in with the whole realism of the game, but it is fun to speculate.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

Maybe the Skyscraper should be 100 floors and getting to the top wins you the game as an easter egg.

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:35 am »

Guys, guys. The Liberal counterpart to the Arch-Conservative Megachurch is, of course, the Local Unitarian Universalist Church.
Nonsense! We are not moralists!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 04:17:50 am »

Noted Bank Robbers:
!!Joseph Stalin ("hero" of Communism)
Wasn't Stalin a Conservative?
I think he may have been a Stalinist. I've forgotten why.  :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 05:41:18 am »

I thought the opposite of the Arch-Conservative Church of Morals would be the Liberal Church of Atheism, which is staffed entirely by philosophy professors from the local university.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 07:26:39 am »

I thought liberal views were that while government should be secularized, people should be free to their own private views regarding religion. Atheism is more of a straight-out "God does not exist, screw you" standpoint, which doesn't exactly fit the liberal views in my opinion.

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 11:42:35 am »

You can still be atheist and support secularism.

I am one for example.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6