Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: More evil Conservative buildings.  (Read 7549 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: More evil Conservative buildings.
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2011, 06:02:27 am »

Sounds good. Also, crimes that include "immoral conduct" such as prostitution, drug deals and Liberal disobedience should have a higher scare factor in court on theocratic societies. "Heresy" or "witchcraft" are the excuses for the conservatives to eliminate Liberals who get too much publicity.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2011, 11:38:33 am »

Back when Religion was an actual issue in LCS, there were Priests that act as cultural sleepers, affecting all issues. Since I reasoned that Priests need to have religious backing to be successful at affecting the entire culture, I modified the code so that Priests lose this "cultural sleeper" status when religious laws are conservative LIBERAL. Now that the Religion law is removed, so too was this change, but it does indicate a way by which liberalizing Religion law can backfire against the LCS.

I'd also like to point out that laws in LCS does not have to be ideologically coherent. If the issues are aligned correctly, you can have a society that execute gays while calling animals people. All a C+ Religious law do is grant religious organizations a measure of political power. These religious organizations do not have to be conservative, and in fact (if society is liberal enough) these organizations could be Elite Liberal entities that always back the Liberal Party.

EDIT: Made a stupid typo.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:12:09 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:16 am »

So you're saying we shouldn't pigeon hole a church to a site like a megachurch, because it doesn't translate when laws shift to the liberal side?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:07 am »

No, go ahead and pigeon hole the church to a Megachurch site. I'm saying don't create an effect for the Church that assumes that the rest of society is conservative as well.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2011, 05:06:53 pm »

Actually I don't think liberals could use religion as an influence. Religion contradicts itself a lot, but I'm pretty sure people still follow it because their set of rules is too big for the average religious person's attention span, and they keep themselves from hurting themselves by trying to just remember the rules and not think about how many rules they break when they follow another.

Possibly offensive joke asside, I'm pretty sure the priest is going to get an odd look if he walks up and gives a sermon that advocates everything the religion is against.
And it's going to be just as inefficient when at the end he says "And remember, my children, you must not apply what I've told you today to your lives."

Meanwhile at the Liberal HQ:
Liberal Leader after streaming the sermon:
"What the FUCK was I thinking when I made that guy a sleeper!?"
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2011, 01:20:05 pm »

Patched-together body armour, patch-work style and painted/dyed in drab camo colour. Rifle magazines attached all over. Long hair, beard, many didn't shave or bathe for a long time. Helmet or bandana. Brainwashed captives have vacant stares, are gaunt, pallid and drool a bit when there's no action. When there is action, they're practically automatons. The non-brainwashed fighters can often manage bit of levity, or at least sanity though. The few with a normal haircut and hygiene, someone with 'stylized' armour, another someone wearing their old military insignia. The Yoga Master perhaps wearing a ceremonial vest or ribbon somewhere, head shaved monk style.

Then there's the kids. Gaunt, feral, more like rats or starved monekys, in badly fitted, ragged body armour hanging loose around their bodies. They tote their AR-15 that are too long for them to properly handle, bracing them on a wall or window while they wince in fear of the gunfire and screams around them.

And sometimes even mutants. A pair of fly-like eyes lurking from under a wide hat, creepily flexible movements or a weird tone of skin here and there. Sometimes someone bulked-up like a gorilla, head low, carrying an M16 in one hand, other holding a used piece of rebar with blood on it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]