Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54

Author Topic: Dwarf Companion - new version linked @first post  (Read 96219 times)

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
Re: Dwarf Companion
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »

I've tried this and nothing happens. I have a slightly older version (The version just before the one where you put in the R&R Button I believe) Was this feature also just added or am I doing it wrong ? :P When I get home from work I'll clicky clicky the pretty buttons some more lol
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

http://railickstonemane.wordpress.com/
http://stonemane.hostei.com/

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

It should work, however it is not displayed immediatly, you must "refresh" manually to see the change. When in doubt, use the most current version  :)

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

When I click on the skill bar nothing happens. It doesn't give me an ability to change anything so clicking apply doesn't really work. Still, this function isn't really something I need very much  :) I don't like to cheat to much, I just fooled around with the stats to see what an adventurer could do if maxed out :P
"And call a dog a cow-that don't change the way the thing'll taste!" Bruenor Battlehammer

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

All mighty Companioneers.. I ask of thee this question.

How do you force a mood? I can't figure out how to do so. I guess it's for the best, for otherwise, I'd have an entire set of ARTIFACT adamantine equipment.

Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »

Don't think you can.... Well you can start a mood, but you can't select the items to be claimed or the workshop, so the dwarf will just go insane.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 02:02:00 am »

For a mood to work, I guess you need:
* have a mood / skill set (you can do this)
* have 4 mood vectors allocated (you can't, I don't want to bother allocating memory in another program!)
* have a mood "task" initialized : right now i can only extract task type and localization :/

So it will require a lot more work for that to happen!

varsashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 02:27:00 pm »

Is there any way to make human and elf traders/gaurds butcherable? Do I have to add the butcher tag and then set them to a different civilization tag? Or are those 0x04 etc. tags do something that would help me? Just adding the tag to them doesn't do anything and I really want to use those traders to my full advantage. Plus if they seige I get to test my traps!

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »

I didn't test the specifics, but you might want to remove the (merchant) tags, and change the "civilization" part to match your dwarves.

In case of doubt, alter the fields so that it's like your dogs or something. But you should know there are plenty of attributes that are not yet reversed, so this might not be enough  :(

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

This is a nice tool :]

So, by the way, you CAN raise guys from the dead by hitting all the (dead) flags and whatnot - Make sure to compare all the flags to a living dwarf.

But then the creature has a nasty habit of dying a split second afterwards by bleeding - which I haven't discovered how to flag off.

What you can do is uncheck dead flags/heal the dead dwarf/whatever, then checkbox it to skeletal and warp it far away from any of your dwarves. Then run/unpause DF for a second so that the dwarf registers as skeletal (skeletal creatures don't bleed). Pause DF and heal again with Dwarf Companion, and unflag the skeletal and heal once more.

Once this is done, the dwarf/creature will be alive and not bleeding - but visually he will be flashing as if mortally wounded. This will disappear after awhile though. As a fun bonus, the corpse will be there too.

Thanks again for your work :3

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 04:19:00 am »

RE Moods

If you can find the trigger that initiates a strange mood (including the material selection and so forth), it shouldn't be difficult to create your custom all-adamantine or whatever moods.  Just gotta find a way to kick start the existing mood mechanism.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2008, 04:33:00 am »

Yeah i didn't put the pain/bleeding/webbed indicators (yet), will do for future versions.

BTW: it's cooler to just raise your creatures from the dead with the zombie flag  :p And it's funny to have several times the same corpse added in the same coffin.

Railick Stonemane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonemane Library
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

I found it fun to set all the magma creatues in the vents as tame and use them to defend my fort :P Was kind of funny seeing a Kobold burned to bits by the fire breath or whatever fireman shoot out! This tool is so awsome! (Just got the updated version last night) Keep it comin, no telling what you'll be able to do with this one you're done.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2008, 01:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bartavelle:
<STRONG>

BTW: it's cooler to just raise your creatures from the dead with the zombie flag   :p And it's funny to have several times the same corpse added in the same coffin.</STRONG>

I wanted to control a bunch of skeletal dwarves without modding/recreating the world, but my living dwarves just massacred them instead, also, they're uncontrollable :P

Looking foward to future versions of the DFC.

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

Undeads can't be controlled!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 02:48:00 pm »

yeah, found that out, but it was fun to see the bones and body parts flying everywhere.

Also, how do you add skills? or can you just modify mason/armorsmith/etc? Currently I wait until they have some points in farming from gathering plants and edit that.

Same question for modifying stuff in fey moods. I only get options for metal bars.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 54