Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Craftsthunder, a 31.19-.21 Succession Fort [Strike the earth! Apply within.]  (Read 23861 times)

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)

Well, seeing as how the latest version has been released, and I have yet to see any forts set in this newest version, it I think it is time for me to start my first (well, technically my second) succession fort.

Rules and Guidelines:

Rule 1: There are no rules. Except for this rule and any following ones.

Rule 2: The OP reserves the right to change the rules if the players refuse to play "nice".

Rule 3: If you build and or link a lever to something, please designate as such with (N)otes indicating linkage and purpose on both ends. [Example: If you link a draw bridge to a lever, put a note on the drawbridge indicating its purpose (such as atom smashing debris or closing off a particular passage) and the coordinates of the lever to which it is linked. On the lever you would put a list of all the things the lever is hooked to and the coordinates of those things.]

Rule 4: Once notified of your turn, you have a three-day period within which to post your response (i.e., whether or not you are able to take your turn along with an estimate of about how long you think it will take you to finish your turn in the thread). If you do not reply in the thread within three days of being notified, YOU WILL BE SKIPPED.

Clause 4A: If, at the time of being notified, you find yourself unable to play at that time but still want a turn, you may request a later turn.

Clause 4Ab: Individuals who ask to be skipped will be given higher turn-selection/allotment priority than those who are skipped by the decision of the thread or the OP.

Gimmicks, Mods, Et cetera:

There no gimmicks, no mods, and no etc. The new version is all the gimmick we need, baby.  8)

Turn list:

1. EvilFuzzy9 - DONE. Set things up and got an artifact leather leggings. Turn One End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3814  Reign: 422 - 423.

2. Valrandir - DONE. Built a waterfall with twelve casualties including 'Sir Drake', 'Johnfalcon', and 'EvilFuzzy'. Expanded living and dining areas. Carved out a small burial grounds. Got a few artifacts and our first ambush, which was ended with minimum casualties on his end. Turn Two End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3828  Reign 423 - 424.

3. agatharchides - DONE. Found metal, set up magma smelting, constructed some basic defenses, got a legendary armorsmith, and began fitting out militia in steel. Turn Three End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3836  Reign: 424 - 425

4. Johnfalcon99977 - Skipped at their own behest. Put later on list.

5. Lielac - Skipped at their own behest. Put later on the list.

6. Luftwaffle - Skipped.

7. Ale Explosion - DONE. Set up a drop trap and bridge-a-pult system, as well as a pressure washer. Turn Four End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3940  Reign: 425 - 426

8. BishopX - Skipped.

9. Johnfalcon9997 - Skipped at own behest.

10. Lielac - DONE (kinda). Built lavish quarters for self and expanded the fort. Dug out dedicated workshop areas, additional stockpiles, and dedicated burial space. Turn Five End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4023  Reign: 426 - 427

11. Dariush - DONE. Lost around seventy dwarves to a combination of FB syndromes and dehydration, moved the hospital, organized the militia, began adamantine mining operations, added a merchant-trap, slew some FBs, expanded farms, and set up a lock-down system. Turn Six End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4050  Reign: 427 - 428

12. Valrandir - DONE. Did a bunch of stuff: mining more magnetite, making the waterfall safe, beginning a rough stone tower, burying skeletons, etc. Turn Seven End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4119  Reign: 428 - 429

13. Sirdrake - DONE (kinda). Did a bit of exploratory mining and noted a bad miasma problem in the hospital. Ended up handing off save due to low FPS. Turn Eight End Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4148  Reign: 429 - 429

14. KCFOS - Skipped.

15. agatharchides

16. AleExplosion

17. ???

18. ???

19. ???

20. ???

Now, come, tell me your suggestions for sites, what turns you want, whether you want to be dorf'd, and anything else.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:47:14 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

Dwarf me as Valrandir
Broker / Appraiser / Manager / Bookkeeper.

For the embark, accept the default spot.
Do not move around selecting where to embark. Just accept the first location.

We will bring 7 picks, 6 of each seeds, two cows and one bull, 20 cow meet, then fill the rest with drinks.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel

We shall eat cheese and honey!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Joining.

Make me a Mason/Mechanic

I say we bring 2 picks, 2 Axes, and as many Plump Helmet seeds and Cow meat as we can muster.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:35:04 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)

Okay. The default embark (apparently) has neither deep nor shallow metals and little soil. On the plus side, it's part-mountain and part-heavy forest with plentiful vegetation. I'm willing to bring four copper picks, a copper axe, and a training axe, but not an anvil (as we only have steel ones, and those cost 300 points a pop). I'm also thinking you may wanna bring pigs and/or wool-bearing animals instead of cows, as they would be more cost effective and wool-bearing critters would enable us to start an early textiles industry without wasting farm plots on inedible (though brewable) pig tails. What do you guys think?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

...embark (apparently) has neither deep nor shallow metals and little...

No. We need metals. Find a place that has both multiable Shallow and deep metals. Magma is a must if we can get that too.

I vote we bring a mating pair of cows for milk and meat.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll get in if the embark isn't bigger than 4x4 or preferably 3x3. My computer isn't all it could be. I vote we take sheep, they need less pasture room than cows and give wool as well. We can do pig tails too, if we have soil it is so trivial to set up a farm plot now I don't think we need worry about 'wasting' one.  :) And I also vote for multiple shallow metals. Deep metals in my tests are seldom iron, so I'd take flux over deep metal if we can't get both.
Memento Mori

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I'll get in if the embark isn't bigger than 4x4 or preferably 3x3. My computer isn't all it could be. I vote we take sheep, they need less pasture room than cows and give wool as well. We can do pig tails too, if we have soil it is so trivial to set up a farm plot now I don't think we need worry about 'wasting' one.  :) And I also vote for multiple shallow metals. Deep metals in my tests are seldom iron, so I'd take flux over deep metal if we can't get both.

I generally disagree with your post and keep thinking my choice is better.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile

Well, sheep are supposedly fairly efficient in terms of not needing nearly as much grass as cows, they're milkable, and they're pretty much the quintessential wool-bearing animal. And I've used the site finder, and I've been able to find sites with multiple shallow metals, deep metal, and no aquifers, and if you really must have magma, you can always just dig down to the magma sea, so that seems reasonable enough. But what do you guys say?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Multiple shallow metals, deep metal, and no aquifers sounds good. If one has clay and/or flux it would be nice since I would like to play with ceramics but it's no big deal. I say we strike the earth.  :)
Memento Mori

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: 31.19 Succession Fort [Get in on the ground floor! Help choose the embark!]
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:43 pm »

Yeah sure. Its fine. I'll be fourth.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 12:30:22 pm »

Just stick me into whatever the next available slot is.  :)
Memento Mori

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »

Well, sheep are supposedly fairly efficient in terms of not needing nearly as much grass as cows, they're milkable, and they're pretty much the quintessential wool-bearing animal. And I've used the site finder, and I've been able to find sites with multiple shallow metals, deep metal, and no aquifers, and if you really must have magma, you can always just dig down to the magma sea, so that seems reasonable enough. But what do you guys say?

A river or an aquifer would be nice.
In any case, STRIKE THE EARTH!

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 01:13:47 pm »

Journal of EvilFuzzy

[Date illegible]

It has been decided. The mayor is sending myself and six other dwarves to establish an outpost in search of valuable metals and other resources.

He claims the expedition has the express blessing of the monarchy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To be honest, I would rather prefer their funding.

My comrades are a motley lot, and three of them have the most peculiar nicknames.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I only hope things don't go horribly wrong...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Craftsthunder, a 31.19 Succession Fort [Strike the earth!]
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 01:22:08 pm »

Were taking all of that?!?!

I just get rid of all that stuff and just bring 2 axes, 2 picks, as many seeds and meat I can get, with 2 cows. It is the true Dwarven WayTM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18