Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

SMAX Picture Presented Lets Play.

(1/4) > >>

Qloos:
While I try and figure out how to record a video, 'lets play' of Alpha Centauri, I've decided to settle for a picture story.

Settings:
Standard Sized Random World.
50-70% Ocean.
Average Erosive Forces.
Abundant Native Life Forms.
Average Cloud Cover.
Transcendence Difficulty.

Allowing Transcendence, Conquest, Economic, Dimplomatic and Cooperative Victories.
Do or Die: Disabled, (I like to keep other factions around)
Flexible Starting Locations: Disabled
Tech Stagnation: No
Spoils of War: No
Blind Research: Yes
Intense Rivalry: No, (They're Aggressive enough as it is, thanks.)
No Unity Survey: Yes.
No Unity Scattering: No, (Reward for the player who explores faster)
Bell Curve: No
Time Warp: No
Iron Man Enabled.
Randomized faction leader personalities: Yes, (So I can be surprised by Diedre's sudden blood lust)
Randomized faction leaders social agendas: No, (It just wouldnt make any sense for Diedre to love industry)

Playing a Random Faction out of the original 7.  Planetfall!

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)Yay Mirriam!

Year 2102
I've changed my Social Engineering to 80% Economy, 20% Labs for an extra energy credit per turn, as I dont gain any research points till 2110 anyway.

Initial scout patrol and colony pod has traveled North, capping both supply pods for nutrient resources and mindworms.  Colony pod diverged farther north, skimming over Mount Planet.

Spoiler: Image2 (click to show/hide)
Year 2103
Indipendant scout patrol has defeated the alien forces and are now disciplined in morale.  A second scout patrol has been conscripted and has uncovered 50 energy credits west of New Jerusalem.   Meanwhile, the colonists cut west around the fungus.  They say the grass is always greener on the other side.  Well on Alpha Centauri: it's true.  West is best.

Spoiler: Image3 (click to show/hide)
Year 2104
An estimated 4 years until New Jerusalem increases to 2000 citizens.  I better move back a scout patrol, lest the masses start rioting because of the lack of police presence.

Spoiler: Image4 (click to show/hide)
Year 2105
I've been avoiding that East pod because it's on some fungus, I dont know how many turns it'll take to get the bloody thing.  With my -1 planet rating, traversing fungus is a dangerous buisness.

Speaking of ratings, for those who want to be in the know, here's the summary screen.

Spoiler: Image5 (click to show/hide)
Year 2106
I opened up a pod where the scout patrol is, and more mindworms!  I should have held off until my colony pod had settled, but too late now.  The delay this causes on my second base is problematic.  I have no choice but to make my colony fall back and if I lose the fight I'll have to colonize less ideal terrain.

Spoiler: Image6 (click to show/hide)
Year 2107
Mindworms defeated with ease.  I cant recall if rocky areas give a defense bonus in psi combat, but I won anyway.  Colony pod moving into the lust lush grassy area now, as I grumble about how long I'm taking to deploy the bloody thing.

Spoiler: Image7 (click to show/hide)
Year 2108
My income has doubled from my second base, 4 credits per turn.  Both bases will be producing colony pods next turn.  Rapid blind expansion tactic.  I also suspect theres a neighbours to the North West from how my territorial border was deformed, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Year 2109
Two neighbours, it's obvious looking at the border pressure.  Once I get four bases, I'll mass produce a scout patrol horde and bully one into giving me whatever I want, if I dont get what I want, I'll give him a piece of my 50% faction specific attack bonus.  I've rush built the colony pod at New Jerusalem for this purpose for 47 energy credits.

I opened up another pod which gave me nutrient resources and more mindworms.  Which would be fine, except it placed the damn things right where I was collecting resources.  I've lost an energy credit because of the bloody things.

Spoiler: Image8 (click to show/hide)
Year 2110
Spore Launcher destroyed, nearly lost my scout patrol doing that.  The Husks retrieved more than made up for it though, +10 energy.  Research prohibition lifted, dispite my violent nature I'll be researching colony growth, as I want formers.

Deadmeat1471:
Wooooo watching. <3 AC. I wanted to do a LP of thuis myself, but I remember the pictures being dodgy (they came out in 256 colours or something).

What dis ya use for th pics?

Qloos:
AlphaCentauri init file, add the line: "DirectDraw=0" under [Alpha Centauri] you will then be able to take regular print screen screenshots.

Deadmeat1471:
dammit. Thanks!

and GO Miriam, zealot warriors HO!

Qloos:
Year 2111
15 years between tech advances, 1.6 research per year.  That research rate will increase as I build more bases and increase in population, so it's not too horrendus a situation.  What is a horrendus situation is the mystery of the vanishing supply pod.

Spoiler: Image9 (click to show/hide)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version