Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Fortress things that get SATISFACTION!  (Read 3139 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress things that get SATISFACTION!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 06:13:18 pm »

Watching the aftermath of a battle. Dwarves carrying precious goblinite back home, dumping body parts in the moat (intimidation is everything), deceased military dwarves going in to the catacombs with glory and honor.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Someone1214

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57:18 pm »

I don't know why, maybe it's because I have some kind of psychosis, but when I see my bridge drop doctor trainer cause painful injuries, it fills me with joy.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »

That is really horrific right there. Torturing them, just enough so they are miserable, not enough so they die, and then putting them on display in your dining room.
i know im doing the right thing for my dwarves when i see the lightless eyes of dwarven parents when their children are killed/snatched by goblins right before their eyes, the grief and tantruming they go through when they hear the news that their spouse was KIA, and not going to be coming home... i sometimes assign these particular dwarves to be the ones operating the levers behind the poking chambers. I feel they would be comforted by that fact that goblins are "well punished", and although vengeance would make my dwarves no better than the goblins themselves i deem it necessary in such a harsh and cruel world where nothing is innocent and no one is spared.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

Goblins feel sorry for the dwarven children, because otherwise they will be servants of your fortress until they get burned alive by an accident in the magma plumbing. Goblins are the child protective services in dwarf fortress, saving them from that sorry fate. The only reason they siege your dwarves, is because they simply will not let the dwarven babies go to have a better life, wrongly, believing that the goblins have malicious intent. In a cozy goblin fortress, the dwarven children are pampered to have a better life, and live comfortable lives. Some can even join the army to spare other young dwarves of fate. Goblins are merciful, kind creatures, and you are torturing them for doing the children a favor.
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:50 pm »

Goblins are merciful, kind creatures, and you are torturing them for doing the children a favor.
yes, they are doing the children a favor, they are trying to save the fortress from a childsplosion, but it is not need. For i am also doing my fortress a favor, by smashing and slabbing children and by liberating them from life behind their parents' backs i free them from a life of labor and violence.

where the goblins and i differ is that the goblins tend to fail, and when they succeed they cause the parents to suffer because they werent discrete enough. However, my child-control attempts tend to succeed and there is no pain in a few spirited away children when no one saw them "leave".

the goblins' intentions do not matter, the result is still pain and suffering for dwarves due to the incompetence of their child snatchers, their attempted ambushes and sieges cause death none the less despite their intentions. And though i do try my best to get to dwarves with many friends before the goblins do im only a humble overseer and only capable of so much micromanagement. The occasional popular dwarf is killed by the goblins before im able to smash them, and this sometimes sends my fort to the edge of a tantrum spiral.

Important dwarves who are tantruming are sent to rehabilitation rooms, but i only have so many rehabilitation rooms...and am forced to reluctantly smash the rest out of sight to prevent tantrums from spreading any further. So as you can see, the goblins are not doing my fort any favors, only causing pain and suffering despite what their intentions may be. For this they will be punished with the utmost brutality, they must feel physical pain equal or higher in proportion to the amount of emotional pain my dwarves felt. (i mentioned higher because of the matter of deterrence)
Pages: 1 [2]