Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple syndromes on a creature?  (Read 1620 times)

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple syndromes on a creature?
« on: February 17, 2014, 12:14:12 am »

I'm trying to make a creature that can cause multiple syndromes. Is there a way to do this, and if so, how? I don't care if each is bound to a single attack or if they are chosen randomly or what.
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple syndromes on a creature?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:38:44 am »

It's the same way as having it cause one syndrome, except... more.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:00:51 am »

I'm trying to make a creature that can cause multiple syndromes. Is there a way to do this, and if so, how? I don't care if each is bound to a single attack or if they are chosen randomly or what.

You can do this several ways:
Create a bunch of interactions that cause one syndrome each, or make one mega interaction that will cause a ton of syndromes but with a PROB:50 on each one, making each use apply 0.5 - nth amount of syndromes in a semi random fashion.

Now using a ton of interactions don't really make it random because they can all be used when ready so defeats the purpose of random.

Next step is to make a bunch of ENTERS_BLOOD SYN_INJECTED syndromes on a bunch of materials (can add it to the creature, or make a non existing creature to take it from or a plant, or inorganics, anything that holds a material really) and have a group of attacks that are all similar only they SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT different poisions

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:POISON_1:...]
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISION_1]

[ATTACK:POISON_2:...

Each attack will be chosen at random to be used by the AI inflicting a random poison each time.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:58:54 am »

If you're using multiple "inject poison" attacks, then you don't need interactions at all - that sort of thing could even be done back in 40d, before syndromes existed (though you could only get immediate/chronic stunning and paralysis).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.