Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any way of getting a bad thought out of a syndrome?  (Read 1469 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Is there any way of getting a bad thought out of a syndrome?
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »

Looking at the wiki, the only thing that presents itself is nausea severe enough for a dwarf to almost puke themselves to death, triggering bad thoughts about being thirsty and dehydrated.

I'm thinking of modding in bees whose products / stings boost recuperation, making them useful for healthcare. I'd prefer the stings to have side effects that won't bother a dwarf lying in bed, but will be troublesome for dwarves who are up and working.

Another option could be to use the NOEAT and NODRINK tokens to stop bedridden dwarves from getting good thoughts about being fed and watered, but balancing that against "bee stings for everybody! :D" could be tricky. Another option could be to make the bees sting with extremely high frequency, using announcement spam to discourage their use outside the hospital area. >:)

Nothing that relies on DFHack, please.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Is there any way of getting a bad thought out of a syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »

No.

With dfhack, yes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way of getting a bad thought out of a syndrome?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:55:40 am »

Nothing that relies on DFHack, please.

Yeah, definitely not.

Even with DFHack, you only have so many thoughts to choose from.