Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Non-Military Uniforms  (Read 697 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Custom Non-Military Uniforms
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:53:23 am »

I realised more or less accidentally that hunters, miners and woodcutters use a sort of invisible, uneditable uniform to equip the necessary tools. So, given that it should theoretically be relatively simple to implement, why not make it possible to customise the equipment they're issued with? A player might prefer their woodcutters only use the crude copper axes that are being made in bulk by an apprentice rather than those masterpiece steel ones, for example, or choose to give hunters mail shirts instead of leather armour.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Non-Military Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:59:25 am »

I fully support this idea, having my woodchops in decent armor when the goblins come around would certainly save lives. And sometimes migrants come with steel axes for cutting trees. That's usually better then what my army's carrying around in .19

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:33:00 am »

I suggested the same thing here and I agree with you that it's a good idea.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:16:01 am »

I like this idea.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις