Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarves stopped storing food in barrels  (Read 17827 times)

papercrane1001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves stopped storing food in barrels
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 11:24:55 am »

Dumping out the nest boxes and hives worked for me.  For some reason, there were a couple in there that hadn't been listed in the build menu for nest boxes...

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 02:57:03 pm »

I'm having the same issue. I've got:
-unused nest boxes, never touched, in bins in finished goods pile
-one hive, same thing
-a tiny handful of large pots. Some get put in stockpiles and not used. Some are in trade depot.

Will try getting rid of all of the above and see if it fixes it for me.

Also what are the issues with large pots? They don't seem to work as barrels even remotely for me.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 07:04:52 pm »

I've seen large pots used. They will store a tremendous amount of food stuff at once.

Toady noted that he has fixed the bug of tools (nest boxes, etc) being used as food containers in the upcoming release, so this issue should go away under 0.31.20.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

ra2phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 10:37:59 pm »

Reading this thread helped me fix the same issue in my fort with food stockpiles full of tallow never being stacked into a barrel, despite plenty of barrels in the stockpile.  Got rid of the one hive I had in a stockpile (building it works), and they started processing containers again properly, although slowly as they can only add one empty barrel/bin to a stockpile at a time.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 05:14:25 pm »

Been having this in .22

I have a bunch of plump helmets constantly stored in the food stockpile, NOT in a barrel. I have a bunch of large pots and normal wooden barrels in my furniture stockpile, but they aren't being used. I have a lot of idle dwarves. I dumped my unused nests and destroyed all of my hives. No worky.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.
Pages: 1 [2]