Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Goblin Torture.  (Read 20379 times)

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Torture.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 12:18:03 am »

A 20 story fall has a tendency to remove limbs.

It also has a tendency to kill. That would make OP sad.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 12:20:58 am »

Capture goblins, pit goblins, modify goblin raws to remove limbs?

Optionally, capture goblins and then mod them to be immune to pain/bloodloss/etc so that limb removal is easy. Can you make their torso/head have the consistency of iron while their limbs are as cottage cheese?

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 12:23:52 am »

Optionally, capture goblins and then mod them to be immune to pain/bloodloss/etc so that limb removal is easy. Can you make their torso/head have the consistency of iron while their limbs are as cottage cheese?

That would make them nigh impossible to kill if they got loose, or found a way through his defences.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 01:29:38 am »

That would make them nigh impossible to kill if they got loose, or found a way through his defences.
You mod them after they're caught, and then un-mod them after you remove the limbs. I thought this was obvious.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 01:31:21 am »

There's preferably a method without modding, and this method is hammers.  Turn their bones to jelly and then take military off active duty.  They'll flee like civilians who's just seen a groundhog!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 01:35:24 am »

There's preferably a method without modding, and this method is hammers.  Turn their bones to jelly and then take military off active duty.  They'll flee like civilians who's just seen a groundhog!
How does this remove the goblin's limbs safely?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 01:38:10 am »

It doesn't remove the limbs, but it renders the limbs into jello.  Either way, gobbo is immobile, which seems to be the goal here.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 06:46:13 am »

I've been working on this type of thing...

Recage the stripped gobbos, but have a few militia with axes or swords nearby with orders to kill.  You'll have to gauge the length of the walk between cages to the lethality of your chosen few, but I've been trying to get badly beaten goblins in a communal cage, to simulate torture and beatings.

Also, it's hard to call off the assault halfway through, but I have had some armless, one legged goblins from a session of this.  And they only delimb the head about half the time...

Or let them out through a weapon trap with a few steel discs, but the same head lopping problem arises.

Experiment, and enjoy...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Daskinor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 08:37:11 am »

Perhaps stitch a beard to them and send in a blind surgeon with an XXCopper daggerXX, a screaming hangover, and melancholy thoughts?

I bet i know a bone doctor or two who would like to get in a bit of practice at using their saws when the outcome really doesnt matter!

This must be done somehow for the good of the fortress.

Neopolis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 08:41:28 am »

Actually, I think Toady should add in an option to "experiment" on prisoners. It's more ethical than dropping useless haulers off 2 level drops repeatedly just to give my doctors some experience.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 10:03:46 am »

Couldn't one just dump the armour that protects the limbs form the caged goblins and force them to run through some weapon traps filled with copper daggers for a while? Might be the way to go.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »

I've heard glass weapons have a tendency to do no damage until they chop off a body part. You could try glass weapon/upright spear traps.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 02:31:54 pm »

Just look at this thread!
You are all monsters!!!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

godisdead132

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven B.L.T. Beer Liquor and Tantrums
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 02:34:05 pm »

it would be easy to create a syndrome that only affected goblins that rots their limbs off. all you would have to do then is create a stone that vaporizes at a little over room temp. just put all your gobbos in a room with magma under the floor and drop in a stone and presto lots of rotting limbs

You are all monsters!!!

so your point?
may your lånem nentuk & zodost i hope your rÜsh is dezrem & serkib
1. Start DF
2. Mainline Whiskey untill it all makes sense (even dwarven behavior)
3. Pass Out.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »

You are all monsters!!!

This is the Bay Twelve forums, you know that right? Compared to most of the stuff here we might as well be discussing our favorite brand of tea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3