Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 191125 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 80 (In which the Wolverines wander into Goblin-Thermopylae)
« Reply #1440 on: May 13, 2011, 10:07:47 am »

Fling a dagger into Zombie 5's skull.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 13, 2011, 10:25:48 am »

Greenmoore uses his blood artefact with all but 1 of his hp, then casts a giant explosion right in the middle of the village.

How much damage could this plan do Serious? If I did it after the karma coin, they would all be massed and charging. :3

If that failed, then I would trigger an avalanche, and what could possibly survive all of that?!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:56 am »

Assuming you rolled a 9/8+1, the highest possible amount you can considering your skill...

2d6x2+25%+14. From there, the highest possible number is 44... and conservation of ninjutsu states that's equal to 44 goblins. So you could kill anywhere from 19 to 44 of them that way, which isn't bad. ^^ And if you used 4 MP to attack twice and got another 9, the amount changes to 38-88 goblins. It puts you in danger of dying, though.

The only flaw in the plan is that the Karma Coin is indirect damage. They would have no idea what the hell just happened, but they would certainly be on the alert after that; they wouldn't charge the passage unless they realized the attack came from there. Unless you lucked out and killed all of them/most of them, in which case they might run. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:06 am »

*Grumble Grumble*

Summon Shadow Demon, avoiding getting dead.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 13, 2011, 11:04:33 am »

Well, between all my attacks I could probably only kill half the Goblins. That's great, but it's only...half.

Friar Greenmoore retreats back down the path!.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 13, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

My sentiments exactly. It's a lot of goblins, best to avoid them altogether.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 13, 2011, 02:25:16 pm »

((im tempted to do what my character would do and try to take all of them on....
''We could always try and reason with them''
Retreat back down the path with them.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 13, 2011, 03:06:58 pm »

I bet that guy who owned the arm that was in the pot had the same idea Grimm! :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 13, 2011, 04:10:53 pm »

Man, I'm disappointed. Where's your guys' sense of courtesy to the waiting list adventure? With some good rolls, you could wipe out the goblins in one shot. With some good rolls here and bad rolls there, you could wipe out a massive quantity of them... and remember they're paper mooks, so the survivors wouldn't be all that difficult.

I mean, consider if you tried to dump the sandwich, then if that failed tried the coin, then Greenmoore went nova after that. You'd have to roll abysmally low each time to not wipe out at least a hundred or so before the real fighting even began.

As for me, guard Malakai.

For my skillups I'll take Booty Hunter- Double chance of finding double gold, -1 damage versus male opponents and +1 damage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 13, 2011, 04:47:58 pm »

So you want Booty Hunter to give you a chance of finding 2x gold at the cost of -1 on your damage roll vs. opponents, and a skill that gives +1 to your damage rolls? Or does the -1 damage mean you take one less damage from male opponents? 'Cause you only have two skill-ups available at the moment. :P Anyway, I'm going to look over the last two pages and see if everyone's posted already.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 13, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »

The first one. Specifically, I'd like double the chance I'd normally have on doubling my gold finds, but at the cost of -1 dmg to male opponents. Then I'd like +1 damage as a second, currently nameless skill.

Of course, if versus male opponents isn't a severe enough downside, I might as well just take Booty Hunter L2 and skip the penalty juggling.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 13, 2011, 05:11:27 pm »

Just making sure because -1 to damage rolls versus males is a pretty big downside. There's like... Astarte, Camilla, Persephone (the ninja maids), Succubi, and the witches... every other enemy is male. o.o

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 13, 2011, 07:31:22 pm »

I thought every other enemy was gender-neutral? Fish-men, skeletons, ectoplasm... I'd expect a few bosses to be identifiably male, but kind of figured it only applied if you could tell.

Of course, my class evo ought to more than balance that out, so feel free to make male the default gender. :D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:33 pm »

:-\ I was wanting to run the turn tonight, but it's starting to storm really badly, which means an 80% chance that either my electricity or my internet's about to cut out, and possibly both. In any case, I'm going to hold off on writing anything in any of the RTD's I'm involved in until tomorrow, because I don't want a repeat of the earlier incident where I lost a post.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 13, 2011, 08:04:53 pm »

Ouch, hope it clears up soon.

...though I like strong storms, when I'm inside. Has a cozy feel to it.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 288