Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 187696 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Sign-Ups
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 06:38:59 pm »

Before I forget, because I've done so multiple times already, here's a map of the village using ASCIIDraw8.

The walls and all the buildings are made of wood, hence the ugly brownish color. The yellow building in the middle is the church. The blue building on the left is the tavern where Pierre, Malleus, and Wyman are hanging out. The red building is the inn. The four green blocks are guardposts. The other buildings are anonymous at the moment, except for the little 3x3 ones - those are housing for the townsfolk.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 06:43:38 pm »

What's the teal one? Town hall?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »

... *facepalm* Yeah, I forget to put the map up, and then I forget to explain the whole thing. :-[ Meeting hall, town hall, just splitting semantics; either way you guessed correctly. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 06:48:48 pm »

I'm a fortune teller, I know stuff :3

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 11:37:34 pm »

Marcus sighs, weary from the long hunt, but the time to rest is after the darkness has yet again been beaten back - if only for a short time - not before. Looking around, he tries to find any clue of the monster. If none is apparent, it should be prudent to ask a local for clues.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 01:46:07 am »

Ask the other watchmen if they had seen anything weird

If we are going up against a Undead army, might of as well know where the hell they are, right?

(Also, Warhammer)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:51:39 am by Ze Spy »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Roll to Castlevania: Turn 1 [In which the GM is unorganized]
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 03:01:33 am »

MARCUS RAUST

(Search Roll: 2) The trail grew cold at the city gates. You were only able to ascertain that at some point, your quarry entered the village. (Interrogate Roll: 6) One of the villagers is nailing a notice on the wall near the gate, and you approach him. After a brief introduction to state your name and purpose, the man (James Ashby) looks almost hopeful. "Have you come to save us?" he asks. "I'll tell you what I can." James looks around, making sure no-one is listening in, before he continues.

"Five months ago, Andrew - the former innkeeper, God rest his soul - heard strange howls coming from the forest to the south. He said they were not like any wolf howls he had heard in his life, and they made his blood run cold. Less than a week later, the guard found him in the town square." James shivers visibly. "He was torn from limb to limb under the full moon! A werewolf did it, sir, and it is among us!" You ask who he thinks it is, and he shakes his head. "I don't know. Bartholomew Fitzgerald has been travelling recently, and his temper is more violent than before. Many think it is him. But I believe it may be Elizabeth Saddler. I've seen her walk the streets at night as if she isn't afraid of the darkness!"

You ask him where you can find these people. "Elizabeth lives with her husband Harald in the house closest to the eastern gate. Bartholomew's usually in the tavern," he says. After a moment, he holds up a copy of the notice he was nailing to the wall - it says the curfew has been pushed further back to six o'clock because of the recent murders. "I have to finish putting these up. Please, sir, if you can help us, talk to Micheal Ward. He's the head of the town watchmen and the closest thing we have to a leader since..." James stops, not wanting to think any more of what he's seen, and hurries off to continue his work.

NAZARA

(Interrogate Roll: 7) One of your fellow officers, Oliver Mason, signals you over when you ask about anything strange. "Funny you should ask, I've been meaning to ask you something." He pulls out a small bag. "I found these on patrol yesterday." He tips out the bag, revealing three strange square stones, with inscriptions carved upon them in a language you don't understand. "You've always been good at finding the truth. I think these runes have something to do with the murders; maybe you can find out who they belong to?"

(Nazara acquires: Pouch of Glyphs [Unknown Effect])

MALLEUS RAULAT

(Gossip Roll: 3) You listen to the villagers talk among themselves, but no one is speaking openly about the recent murders. Hardly a surprise, that. Still, you are sure the beast is in town. It's only a matter of time before you find it.

WYMAR SANE

(Interrogate Roll: 5) You enter the tavern and take the direct approach, asking the barkeeper about recent news and explaining your purpose. "Times are more troubled than usual, stranger," he says quietly, so his voice won't carry. "Every month there's a murder. Nobody sees it happen. Nobody hears it happen." He shudders. "I don't know what manner of man or demon is doing this, sir, but I'm sure a witch has placed a curse on our village."

He looks around. "You should ask Micheal Ward about them. He leads the town and the watchmen. Tell him that Ralph Isley sent you to see him. He'll welcome any help he can get." His attention is distracted by a Frenchman ordering ale, and he leaves to serve him.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(Interrogate Roll: 4) Ralph, the tavernkeeper, seems a bit harried after speaking to the man at the counter, but he brings a bottle of ale to your table. After a moment to introduce yourself as a mercenary, you ask him about recent events, and receive the faintest glimmer of a thankful smile. "Thank God. I'm grateful that there are strangers willing to help us in these days. See Micheal Ward, and let him know Ralph Isley sent you." He leaves the bottle on the table without asking you to pay for it. Well, you may not have gotten much information, but hey, free alcohol. This trip is already paying off.

(Pierre acquires: Bottle of 1098 Ale [Reduces everything, from rolls to damage received, by -1 for two turns])

FRIAR GREENMOORE

(Speech Roll: 8) After praying at the altar, you approach Father Williams. You introduce yourself and ask a favor: will he lend you the holy artifact of his church, one of the magic books said to be written by a saint? He looks solemn, staying silent for a moment, then nods. "The reputation of Mistbridge Abbey precedes you, my brother. I pass this book on to you in the hopes that it will help you eradicate the evils that have fallen upon our country. Go with God, Friar Greenmoore."

He retrieves a book from a hidden compartment inside the altar and passes it over. It has been well-tended; the leather binding is still supple, the pages free from dust. Metal lines the binding on the outside edges, and a red symbol is embedded on the front. You look through the pages and find it is written in Latin, and describes how one might shape and control fire through the power of one's faith.

(Friar Greenmoore acquires: Magic Book: Fire!)

GENERAL

Marcus is at the north gate. Nazara is in the town square. Malleus, Wymar, and Pierre are at the tavern. Friar Greenmoore is at the church. It is still late afternoon, but the air is beginning to feel oppressive. The sun will set within the hour.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:07:05 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 1 [In which the GM is unorganized]
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 03:54:37 am »

Inspect the Glyphs and see if there is anything on it

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 04:29:57 am »

ask them about the werewolfs behaviour (where it kills in the town the most and how)
also ask the armed men who just came into town what they are here for.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:03:41 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:43 am »

Marcus nods his thanks, absently, then starts to walk off to the inn to find this 'Bartholomew' and possibly get some good alchohol. Hey, just because he wouldn't rest doesn't mean he'd relax a bit. Go to the inn, buy some alchohol, and ask around for Bartholomew Fitzgerald.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 05:53:30 am »

Friar Greenmore heads to the inn to secure a room for the night. While there he tries to prise some information about the local "situation"...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:23 am »

Hang up a note outside the tavern that I'm looking for brave adventurers that might help me on my quest. Then talk to Thomas Michael Ward.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 12:10:06 pm »

Store the ale for later consumption (lack of alochol WILL be an emergency in the castle!). Then head off towards the inn, I'll go talk to Michael Ward tomorrow.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »

MARCUS RAUST

(Interrogation Roll: 3) You go to the inn to buy some ale and ask around about Bartholomew Fitzgerald. The ale is much easier to find than information about the man, it seems; everyone you speak to says they haven't seen him since two days ago, and apparently they just assume you know who he is since none of them gives a description. The only real clue you find is that it's common for him to be out of town, although no one knows why.

NAZARA

(I didn't do this last round, but would you guys prefer it if I showed your skill rolls as #+1, or as just the adjusted number like I did for Darvi? For now I'll stick with the adjusted. Inspection Roll: 5) While you don't recognize the glyphs, you can cross off several things they could be. They're not in any foreign language you've heard, and if they're symbols, they don't match any religion you know. You turn the stones over and look at the backs. For some reason, they are polished to a mirror sheen, the black rock making a perfect reflecting surface. The effect is marred, however, by deep notches in the stone. The first glyph is red and has a single notch on the back. The second is orange and has two. The third is yellow and has three. Unless you're mistaken, you're sure another glyph will turn up soon, and it'll be green with four notches on the back.

You get the feeling it would be very bad if you ever found the purple glyph in town.

MALLEUS RAULAT

(Interrogation Roll: 7) You look around the room until you see a man sitting by himself in the corner, clearly drunk. This type of person has always been a great source of information in the past, so you sit across from him and ask him about the werewolf. "Ha! Werewolves..." he says. "We know all about *hic* werewolves around here! You go outside during a full moon, they'll find you torn apart in the town square. Reg'lar azh... clockwork..." he shakes his head and orders more ale. "Y'know what I wanna know? I wanna know how it gets in here. If it was one of us, we would've found him a long time ago. We'd've... we'd've notized a werewolf..." he trails off.

Sensing that you've gotten all you'll get from him, and that it might be important to remember, you head over to the armed men to talk to them... but it looks like the Frenchman has already left. The man with the bastard sword and headband is right outside - you can see him through the doorway, putting up a notice of some sort. He starts to leave as well once he's finished.

WYMAR SANE

You head outside and put up a notice. A few villagers give it an interested look as they pass in or out of the doorway, but no one takes you up on it. Maybe someone will. For now, you head to the meeting hall to find Micheal Ward. (-Failed Roll-) It turns out he's patrolling the east road leading into the village, but he'll be back in a few hours, and he'll be around all day tomorrow to work on village matters.

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You store the alcohol among your other supplies and head to the inn. While the innkeeper is understandably leery of strangers, your coin softens his attitude, and he directs you to a room upstairs. The room itself is not really up to your standards; it is threadbare, and the bed looks rather uncomfortable. The only thing you can say in its favor is that it has a large cabinet where you can store your things. There are racks on either side of the door along with a thick piece of wood you can bar the door with; it looks like a recent addition.

FRIAR GREENMOORE

You head to the inn to request lodging. Although people are slower to trust the clergy these days due to the troubles in the Vatican, the innkeeper is not among those, and he directs you to a room upstairs. The lodgins remind you of the abbey; very spartan and frugal. They will be adequate for your needs. You return to the innkeeper to ask about the local situation. (Interrogation Roll: 3) "I'm sorry, Friar," the innkeeper says. "My father..." he trails off.

GENERAL

Marcus, Pierre, and Friar Greenmoore are at the inn. Nazara is in the town square. Malleus is at the tavern. Wymar is outside the meetinghall. The air has grown chill; the sun is sinking below the horizon, and the moon is waxing gibbous. Tomorrow it will be full when night falls.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:08:10 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Castlevania: Turn 2 [In which the inn becomes popular]
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 02:37:33 pm »

Bar the door and turn in for the night. Tomorrow will be a good day!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 288