Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 190194 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 35 [In which there are moar firebreathing skulls]
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:32 pm »

Well Darvi, Dwarmin may have called green but you still have red, blue, yellow, pink, and black to choose from. If you know what I mean. :-X
Those colors are already all distributed among my guys. Except for pink. I'm black.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2011, 04:00:42 pm »

Find an entrance aswell.

(Also, about that Dracula thing... doesn't this mean we're getting f***ed over, considering that we don't have any Belmonts? Or anyone with the Vamp Killer?)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »

So does magic, if you're going by Order of Ecclesia (sp?), and just straight whipping his ass, if you're going by Symphony of the Night. This RTD is based mostly on Castlevania 3, sort of, since the intro to that can be summed up as "peeps were lucky Trevor of the super strong Belmont clan just happened to be around." But eight more-or-less normal guys should be able to match Trevor and your guardian spirit of choice (Sypha fan personally, even if her jump sucks). On a somewhat related note, is it just me or did Alucard really, really suck in Cv3? I mean, yeah, he could fly and thus negate all the platforming, but he was weak as crap and pretty much literally incapable of killing Dracula.

Then a couple hundred years later he realized he could use a sword. o.O Guess he's just a slow learner?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 22, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »

So does magic, if you're going by Order of Ecclesia (sp?), and just straight whipping his ass, if you're going by Symphony of the Night. This RTD is based mostly on Castlevania 3, sort of, since the intro to that can be summed up as "peeps were lucky Trevor of the super strong Belmont clan just happened to be around." But eight more-or-less normal guys should be able to match Trevor and your guardian spirit of choice (Sypha fan personally, even if her jump sucks). On a somewhat related note, is it just me or did Alucard really, really suck in Cv3? I mean, yeah, he could fly and thus negate all the platforming, but he was weak as crap and pretty much literally incapable of killing Dracula.

Then a couple hundred years later he realized he could use a sword. o.O Guess he's just a slow learner?

Ahh okay. And... Alucard didn't know about swords untill a couple hundred years later! Muahahahaha!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 22, 2011, 05:56:55 pm »

and someone used the word "Hoarfrost" all in one day...
Wasn't in this thread, was it? What did I miss?

I don't know about hoarfrost but you're lucky Castlevania was the first RTD I wanted to try is all I'm going to say. xp
Heheheh, I've actually thought about that. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 22, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »

Malakai casting some hoarfrost on bone pillars. Other than that, the only things you've missed are some original series Power Ranger jokes (because I refuse to acknowledge anything that happened after Jason, Trini, and Kimberly left. Except maybe for the character Adam Park, because JYB is my boy) and my idle comment about who was moar useful in Cv3 between Alucard and Sypha.

QuickEdit; Just realized you might not know who I'm talking about. If you've played DMC4 Johnny Yong Bosch is Nero, in Persona 4 he's the main character and Adachi, in Dissidia he's Firion, Ichigo in Bleach, Yukimura Sanda in Warriors Orochi. He's been in a lot of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

QuickEdit 2: Don't know how I forgot he was Vash in Trigun too, considering that's one of my favorites. -_-;
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:10:23 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 22, 2011, 06:46:22 pm »

Daniel looks for herbs to refill his kit, while also looking for a striaght branch as long as he is tall. He reckons that they should look inside.

You never know what we might find in there. And also, if you are going by the traditional ways, a good ol' wooden stake to the heart will kill ol' dracula as well. Also, if we are still in the woods, we should take the chance to make some torches. A lot of monsters are afraid of fire and we can always use a light source to carry each, not to mention we can also make some stakes so that we each have a piercing weapon. Plus, if you didn't realise, I'm hunting for a branch to make into a spear.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »

Turning your knife into a spear? Good idea. ^^ Dwarmin already had the idea about stakes and I decided that they would be more of a subweapon than an item, so you won't be able to make any, but the torches are fine. If you do get a stake though, expect it to do massive damage against vampires.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 22, 2011, 07:09:21 pm »

Well I've got a lamp and a 10 foot pole, that should do the trick :P

Anyways, what are we going to do about those statues?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 22, 2011, 07:11:08 pm »

Keep our distance from them for now. Don't go near them until we are ready for a fight.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 22, 2011, 10:40:24 pm »

Was there ever a rainbow ranger? ??? Seems like it would be pretty annoying to type, I mean it would be like rainbow every word. o.O

PARTY 1

There is only a brief discussion, during which Daniel looks around for strong, sturdy branches and relevant herbal materials. (8, 2+1) Strangely, no grass or plants of any sort grow near the fence or on the ground inside of it, although he does find a few discarded tree branches lying against the fence and takes them. (Daniel gets Sturdy Tree Branch x5) The group decides to look for an entrance and they head north along the fence. As they walk, they notice a chill in the air and a thin mist obscuring the ground beneath their feet. The closer they get to the entrance they can see in the distance, the thicker and higher this mist grows, until it is at their knees as they stand before the gate.

There is a rusted sign at the front. Whatever it once said has long since faded away. The gates are held shut by a very old padlock; any of them could smash the chain if they wanted to go in.

PARTY 2

Spoiler: INITIATIVE (click to show/hide)

MALLEUS RAULAT

There's no fear in the heart of a knight, and you demonstrate this by rushing straight for the pillar that's breathing fire. (Autohit; Minor Success, 1d4; 3 damage) Your axe splits the topmost skull in half, but that still leaves three more about to spit flames at you...

MALAKAI RITT

You get the feeling it would be a good idea to prevent these monsters from hurting your allies. (-2 MP; 7) With a quick spell, you construct ice walls in front of each pillar. (Each ice wall will absorb seven damage before they can hit a party member)

NAZARA

(Crap, just realized Ze Spy hasn't posted. Auto'd, I guess) You (odd=claymore/even=warhammer: 4) pull out your warhammer and strike at the same column Malleus just attacked. (Autohit; Minor Success, 1d6; 2 damage) The skull you smash has several cracks in it now, but it isn't broken.

BONE PILLAR 2

The bone pillar spits flames at the ice wall in front of it. (Autohit, autohit, autohit: Minor Success, Minor Failure, Minor Success: 1d6 and 1d6. 2, 5, 7 damage total) The fire melts the ice without getting through, but now there's nothing preventing it from attacking...

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

You fling a knife at Bone Pillar 2 as soon as it melts the ice. (Autohit; -1 MP, Minor Failure) But the resulting steam hides the pillar from sight for just a moment, and your knife goes wide.

BONE PILLAR 3 & 1

Both fire upon their respective ice walls. (BP3: Autohit x3. Major Success, Minor Success, Massive success: 2d6, 1d6, and 2d6x2 -> 7d6. 27 damage. BP1: Autohit x3. Massive Success, Massive Success, Major Success: 2d6 x2, 2d6x2, 2d6 -> 10d6. 36 damage) The blast of flames is so intense the party is forced to take a step back, and the remaining heat lingers oppressively in the air. It might not be a good idea to try ice attacks until that clears up.
----

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:44:41 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 22, 2011, 11:28:50 pm »

"This is very very bad!"

STAFF SMASH!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:26 am »

Stand back, I shall open a path...

Friar Greenmoore smites the padlock with his mace

OOC: Hmm, the spoiler shows you regressed my health+mana gains in from last turn Serious!
I got a healing and a mana pot, remember?

@Zako: No problem with light! Me and Darvi both snagged a waterproof Lanterns+extra oil from the town at the start of the game.
Torches would help, but we're covered on that point a fair ways.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:22:00 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:49 am »

Get ready to protect the Friar, or smash the lock if he fails. Make sure that I go in first.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 288