Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189281 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 139 (Powerful Strikes; New Allies)
« Reply #3675 on: November 13, 2011, 01:53:40 pm »

back to ze front page  :P :3
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:27:23 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 13, 2011, 03:09:04 pm »

Since when were you French? :P Anyway, yeah. I'll run a turn for both my RTDs tomorrow. Today I'm taking a break while everyone's enjoying Skyrim (and getting some work done on a third project).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 13, 2011, 03:14:39 pm »

Since when were you French? :P Anyway, yeah. I'll run a turn for both my RTDs tomorrow. Today I'm taking a break while everyone's enjoying Skyrim (and getting some work done on a third project).
Am I the only one here who doesn't have Skyrim yet? :(
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:51 pm »

Hey, I don't. ^^^ I don't plan on getting it until the GOTY edition comes out, as it inevitibly will... or until I both have the cash and a lack of will power...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:02 pm »

Am I the only one here who doesn't have Skyrim yet? :(
Nope.

Also, am I still going to be a boss?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 13, 2011, 03:20:58 pm »

Yeah. When you vanished (and I didn't know if you were ever coming back) I decided after a couple of weeks to kill Wymar off via apathy so he could be that boss you wanted. That way I could let someone else into the game and if you came back you could be boss Wymar, although the next two bosses are set so he won't show up for awhile.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 13, 2011, 03:22:05 pm »

Eh 'scool. That area doesn't appear until mid- to endgame anyway afaik.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 13, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »

Yeah. When you vanished (and I didn't know if you were ever coming back) I decided after a couple of weeks to kill Wymar off via apathy so he could be that boss you wanted. That way I could let someone else into the game and if you came back you could be boss Wymar, although the next two bosses are set so he won't show up for awhile.
Speaking of which how close are we to the boss fights?
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 13, 2011, 03:29:49 pm »

How many turns has it been since the last one again?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:44 pm »

Turn 139 - Turn 128 = 11 turns since Malakai. As for current countdown until a boss fight, probably a little while. Everybody's still only on the first floor of their respective towers, which I had originally planned for ten floors but since I'm expanding the castle slightly I think I'll bust them down to five, but make each floor bigger.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 13, 2011, 05:32:58 pm »

I'm just going to put in my litte bit,

SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM, !!!!!
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
CvRTD: Turn 140 (Imps on Ice; Lucky Arrows)
« Reply #3686 on: November 14, 2011, 03:16:42 pm »

Skyrim-based break is over, and on that note: why, wolfchild? :(

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 87 (7)
Zathyran threw more lightning about at the closest imp he could find, before writing 'These imps do indeed have some for of weakness to magic. Intriguing.' in the grimoire of the wanderer.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 77 (2)
"Why do i always meet people in this way?", Malleus muttered as he tried to freeze an imp in an pillar of ice: both uses if it gives an bonus
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 71 (1)
BASH IMP #3 UPSIDE THE HEAD! NOOOOOOOOOOOW!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: 85 (1)
Murder imps.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 74 (1)
"Well it seems I bumped into you at the right time, Before you ask, we can exchange pleasantries with each-other AFTER the imps here are dead" Alora then proceeds to twist an imp's pitchfork out of it's hands by trapping it between the two "prongs" of her weapon, and twisting

Quote from:  Imp 2/ SeriousConcentrate: 59
Attack the womenz! Go for Claire!
Quote from:  Imp 3/ SeriousConcentrate: 88
Attack the womenz! Go for Alora!

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin
Talk to Alexander, salt chicken, advance onwards
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto
Shrug at his new compatriots, offer a small wave as he continues to trudge upwards
Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Stand silently and move with the rest of the group. Like a baus.
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Follow the group, keeping an eye out for anything unusual.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf
Talk to Greenmoore, light pipe, advance onwards

Despite the appearance of a new challenger, Imp 3 was unfazed and went right for her! (7+3 vs 4; 1 Massive Failure, counterstrike; 8+1 Critical Success, 2d6x2+25%; 15 damage) But Alora was more than ready for it and thrust her lajatang out, catching its throat in the 'arc' between one of the crescent blades and slamming it against the wall! (-2 MP. 6+2 vs 1; 6+2 Massive Success, 2d10x2+50% + 1d10x2+50%; 36 + 9 = 45 damage and kill) While it was pinned to the wall, Zathyran channeled lightning into his palm and pressed it against the imp's chest, finishing it off in his usual manner. While everyone focused on the other imp, he casually found a place to sit and make a notation in his book about the general weakness of an Imp to magic.

Seeing one Imp left, Claire went stab-happy! (7 vs 1; 7+4 Critical Success, 2d6x2+75%; 28 damage and 14 regen) She impaled the imp, headbutted it off of her blade, then slashed it again as it fell back. Malleus, sensing an opportunity to try out his new book, went for it! (-4 MP. 2+2 vs 4 (6+2 vs 8) (3+2 vs 4); Minor Success, 1d6+50%; 6 damage. 8+2 vs 3; Massive Success, 2d6x2+50%; 24 damage. 30 total and 2x overkill) He punched the ground and an icicle emerged under the imp, impaling it and freezing it solid. He immediately followed it up by summoning a large block of ice and launching it at the imp, shattering it into a thousand pieces. Everyone observed the result as Malleus shook his hand, a cold mist still rising from his gauntlet from the extreme chill of his spell.

"Definitely weak to magic," Zathyran noted dryly, closing his book and putting it away.

In the other tower, the larger members of the party were watching the new ones; Frenz silently, Biernat quizzically. Tariq, as could be expected, was none too happy about getting dinged upside the head by a large Slovakian nobleman first thing upon awakening and was quick to mumble about 'uncultured savages' as he took in his new companions and surroundings. Alexander and Desmond engaged in a minor verbal scuffle about faith and how far they were prepared to go for the sake of their mission; while doing so, Greenmoore sprinkled sea salt on his chicken leg and Alexander lit his pipe and pulled the hood of his tunic up to hide his face - save for what was illuminated by the soft glow of the embers of his pipe, of course.

(Tariq: 8.) "Ah. Here it is," the watchman said, kicking aside a dead body. His lucky arrow had fallen out of his quiver while he had been unconscious, but he had been sure it was in the vicinity. (Tariq gains: Tariq's Lucky Arrow! Once per fight, Tariq can use this arrow in one of his bows. It takes one MP but guarantees a Massive Success, although this does not count as an 8.) It was different from his other arrows in the fact most were made of darkened wood but the shaft of this one was a very pale, silverish sort of color, with a black feather instead of a brown one. He tucked it away. While Desmond and Alexander talked, Frenz and Biernat led the five back out to the main room and up the stairs to the second floor.

This, instead of a large circular hallway, appeared to be cross-shaped. There was a door on either side of them immediately after reaching the landing, and past the intersection appeared to be another set of doors. Where did they want to go?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

I forgot about Dre eights. Ahra has two skill ups (3 in a row and 4 in a row) and wolfchild has one skill up (two in a row). ^^^;
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:24:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 140 (Imps on Ice; Lucky Arrows)
« Reply #3687 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:43 pm »

I will level up Thought into action

"So the imps are dead, I think we should get to know each-other, provided we are sticking together why are you here?"

While asking that, Alora examines the exits of the room
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 14, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »

Tariq took a breath, then opened the door to his left.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 14, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »

All right, done.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 288