Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Old poll

is
old

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109

Author Topic: Aklyon's Servers - Minecraft Moddery  (Read 100858 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Aklyon's Servers - Corneroids!
« Reply #1590 on: January 01, 2013, 02:42:58 pm »

Never mind, its crashed a bunch.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:10:25 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Aklyon's Servers - [Insert updated phrase here]
« Reply #1591 on: April 01, 2013, 04:18:34 pm »

So, like at least one other person on Bay12, I thought of playing minecraft again after seeing Jefmajor play FTB Ultimate in a stream. And it has a rather nifty server button, so I might as well ask if anyone would be interested with a poll.

Not entierly sure if I could run it (and the server) at once, but I don't see why I couldn't try, everything on this laptop is pretty reasonable to me except for the graphics chip after all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 01, 2013, 05:25:50 pm »

I would play on such a server.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 01, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »

I probably would.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Aklyon's Servers - Minecraft Moddery
« Reply #1594 on: June 17, 2014, 10:05:16 pm »

You know, I'm not entirely surprised this revivalpost is similar to the last one.

Anyway, after cobbling a pack of mods together, I realized it would be far easier to just strip down FTB Monster instead. Possibly add a thing or two. So, while I wait for other things to be done (like obtaining additional ram, and a birthday sometime this month), I thought I'd put a list together and see what you people think. The max players is going to be 16 or lower (almost certainly lower), since I rarely had more than that many people on before (that i can think of anyway, back in the time of planepacked and jaycraft), and this time theres also a lot of mods. List is here.
The decisions for what to keep was two-step. Step one is essentially just me picking what sounds interesting without having excessive amounts of mod that won't get used. (in mystcraft's case, I kinda want to be able to play on my own server, and since I don't have an unused server sitting around, its not the best of ideas to use it.)  Step two is 'Is this a pre-requisite for another mod?', since those obviously can't be disabled lightly. Feel free to suggest trims, additions, etc.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 17, 2014, 10:43:34 pm »

All I see is a bunch of yes.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: June 17, 2014, 11:39:04 pm »

I would definitively join your server.
The question is..
Will we all collaborate on building projects, or do we all scatter to do our own thing like always?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:40 am »

I would say a mix of both.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: June 19, 2014, 04:54:14 am »

Could you perhaps consider to add the Alternate Terrain Generation mod to the list?
If you take a look at the screenshots, it makes some quite realistic-ish landscapes, especially mountains.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 19, 2014, 08:02:50 am »

It looks nice yes, but I don't know how you use two worldgen mods at once, and theres already biomes o plenty in the list. How does that work?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: June 19, 2014, 08:30:55 am »

Well, the author of ATG claims that BoP is supported as long as you choose his World option.
However I am playing Minecraft 1.7.2 and I still have not encountered any BoP biomes.
Also i must warn you that somehow, Twilight Forest biomes seem to spawn in the overworld.

So I guess it's up to you as it's your sever.

edit: But I think you can still spawn BoP biomes with Mystcraft.
So that's at least an option.

And I do also recommend this mod.
It's just like the Underground Biomes mod but adds more blocks and stuff.

edit2: Just now, I found quicksand in a desert, quicksand which is indeed found in BoP biomes.
And I think BoP still adds biomes in the Nether.

I think the question should be, do we really need BoP biomes? Or do we need somewhat realistic mountains?
I just think you have to choose. Natura does add some new trees and plants if that's an issue.

edit3: Sorry for editing this so many times.
but I think things can be solved with the config>atg>biome_modifiers config file.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:07:39 am by Ultimuh »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:53 am »

I'm not hugely worried of natura or dye trees (or forestry for that matter) with relevance to ATG, but twilight forest biomes sounds decidedly more dangerous if those cause effects in the overworld. I'll mess around with it a bit later and see what goes on, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 19, 2014, 09:08:32 am »

I think this
Quote from: Ultimuh
edit3: Sorry for editing this so many times.
but I think things can be solved with the config>atg>biome_modifiers config file.
Might be a solution.
Maybe by pulling occurance multipliers in the Twilight Forest section, down to 0.0 could help with that.

edit: This does indeed remove Twilight Forest from the overworld.
And cranking the multiplier up somewhere above 7.0 or so should make biomes occur more.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:47:08 am by Ultimuh »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 19, 2014, 10:18:21 am »

I've sort of been considering getting back into Minecraft, but I stopped playing so long ago that I've no clue what to do with most of the mod content. :/

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25:10 am »

I've sort of been considering getting back into Minecraft, but I stopped playing so long ago that I've no clue what to do with most of the mod content. :/
Well, what I did to know what most of it does (since thats the same position I'm in, but with less clues) is dig through this wiki for info and links to mc forum pages, which also had info of some sort. Youtube is probably useful too, though considering the bulk of minecraft there, perhaps not so much.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109