Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Orc Mod question  (Read 719 times)

Loki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orc Mod question
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:46:15 am »

Hey all, I used to use the orc mod before DF2010 but now I can't get a world to be generated that has orcs on this current version. Would someone mind giving me a step-by-step? Because I've already put the files in the correct folder, pasted the entity_orc deal into the entity_default deal, nothing seems to work :/

I tried posting in the orc mod topic itself, no reply.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game you can play without even unpausing.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Mod question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:50:22 am »

Are they carnivore? if so then there dead that could be you problem
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Loki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:06:31 pm »

Why would being carnivores cause them to die? I control-f'd carnivore in the entity file, no result
Dwarf Fortress: The only game you can play without even unpausing.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »

Why would being carnivores cause them to die? I control-f'd carnivore in the entity file, no result
They all starve to death and it be in the creature file
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:45:29 am »

[BONECARN]-creatures have the same problem.
Because of the global economy introduced by the last update civilizations now need access to enough food sources to keep their citizens feed.
However so far the game only seems to track farming land as a possible resource for food and not livestock and hunting, so creatures that can't eat crops are fated to starve to death.
Just giving them [NO_DRINK][NO_EAT] just like the goblins seems to be the easiest solution.