Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike  (Read 53030 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2011, 10:50:17 am »

What button do I press to get past the pick colors part of character creation ?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2011, 12:04:39 pm »

Escape usually works for me.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:28 pm »

Dangit I can't play it every time I turn the camera it crases.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2011, 01:23:02 pm »

There should be a 2D executable.  Try that one.  There should also be an ASCII release you can download.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2011, 01:25:48 pm »

There should be a 2D executable.  Try that one.  There should also be an ASCII release you can download.

My computer deleted it said it was a virus

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2011, 01:44:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's a false positive.  If it deleted it without your consent, try to add it to an exemption list or tweak your AV settings to not automagically delete.  It probably has a "just warn me" or "ask me first" option.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2011, 01:48:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's a false positive.  If it deleted it without your consent, try to add it to an exemption list or tweak your AV settings to not automagically delete.  It probably has a "just warn me" or "ask me first" option.

When I ran it said there was a virus from it, and neutralized said virus deleting the file.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2011, 03:55:20 pm »

Did you download from the right site?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2011, 06:28:29 pm »

Ill see if that works.

Thorns

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:05 am »

Hey guys, could some of you post the mech/weapon loadouts that worked best for you towards late game?  I somehow got up to late game without knowing anything about mech loadouts.  I'd kind of like to snipe with energy weapons, how do I keep from running out of power with those though? What are overchargers? Idon'tknowanything. :<

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2011, 06:04:11 am »

You can help avoid running out of energy by installing batteries. They can be tricky to find - the best source I've found is the Savin (not sure about all variants), which has four or so. Note that you can check the weapon's energy usage/supply in the stat block. Even with a load of batteries I wouldn't advise relying entirely on energy weapons. Get some heavy rockets or something.

When choosing weapons you'll be best off just comparing things in the stat block. Obviously weapons with extra effects are good - the best (fairly) common ones are probably ARMORPIERCING, LINE, and HYPER (RUST and OVERLOAD are good too, but it really depends on your build). Pay attention to the weight and such as well (if you're mounting a heavy gauss cannon you're basically guaranteeing yourself -1 or -2 MV/TR). I find it best to completely strip mechs and only mount the things I absolutely need, but I often go for CC, where speed's a lot more important.

Some of the best mech chassis overall are the Pixie, the Gladius (good luck finding one of those), the Zerosaiko, and the Custom Vadel (but don't mount energy weapons on that last one unless you like exploding dramatically).

Also, read this. It was written with GH1 in mind but a lot of it holds true for GH2.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2011, 08:23:05 am »

Having a mech with a high-output engine also helps with energy weapon usage. Just don't mistake high-output(in e.g.Ovaknight) with high-performance(in e.g.Custom Vadel).

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2011, 10:08:14 am »

I could really use some pointers here; the initial advice was pretty great, but I still have no clue what to do aside from buy a ranged weapon and a space suit. My personal stats are in the red, I have a purple glowing body icon on my hud, my guy has a red frowning angry face, WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN--

Edit: I found a heavy duty engine ice wind in an old asteroid mine. I think I just bugged the game out because I was tasked to find this guy, and after subduing him, I agreed to get the person who sent me to get him off of his back but when I talked to the originator, I saw no option to tell her off.

Edit Edit: Ok, I got a mission from the story guy to stop some jerks from attacking a target; I find some woman who I beat in a duel (rocket hammer woo) and she agreed to send her gang to help me. I was told they were at the 'exterior' of the station I'm on yet when I flew around space, nothing was out there. What's up with that? Also, the station was rocked as the guy with the unpronounceable name destroyed his target
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:33:10 am by Blackray Jack »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2011, 10:17:16 am »

I could really use some pointers here; the initial advice was pretty great, but I still have no clue what to do aside from buy a ranged weapon and a space suit. My personal stats are in the red, I have a purple glowing body icon on my hud, my guy has a red frowning angry face, WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN--

Angry face means morale is low, from losing battles and dying alot. Eat Chocolate Bars and win battles to raise it, usually eating at a bistro or something will raise it too. Personal stats in the red is because of your reduced morale. I don't know what the purple body icon is, but it apparently doesn't do anything.

Anyway, buy a cheap space suit to start off, like a Pilot Suit, you won't need a ranged weapon yet. Go to the Cavalier's Club on the map and talk to the person it tells you to talk to. Then you'll get a randomly assigned quest as the first 'main story' quest.

When you get that, just walk around town, ask for rumors, and such. If someone says something like 'Joe says he needs help defeating some raiders' you can press m to open your messenger and Check Rumors, or Check Memos which lets you see your current missions. Shift + T also lets you type in anyone's name to instantly call them as long as they're on the same Spinner as you.

Basically, get some easy quests from rumors to improve your skills, call the quest giver back when you're done to get your reward. Since the main quests are randomized each time, I can't really tell you how to finish the first one you get since it'll be different for everyone.

Spoiler: Other random stuff (click to show/hide)

Edit: I found a heavy duty engine ice wind in an old asteroid mine. I think I just bugged the game out because I was tasked to find this guy, and after subduing him, I agreed to get the person who sent me to get him off of his back but when I talked to the originator, I saw no option to tell her off.

Yeah, I actually did that my first time around too. You need to get a bit of money first, then you can pay off the originator to forget about it.

Edit edit edit:
Edit Edit: Ok, I got a mission from the story guy to stop some jerks from attacking a target; I find some woman who I beat in a duel (rocket hammer woo) and she agreed to send her gang to help me. I was told they were at the 'exterior' of the station I'm on yet when I flew around space, nothing was out there. What's up with that? Also, the station was rocked as the guy with the unpronounceable name destroyed his target

Alot of times, you're not given an actual coordinate in the Exterior of a Spinner, which basically means search freakin' everywhere until a message comes up saying 'You have been attacked!' which is always related to the main story. Other times, you WILL get coordinates and you can just go to it and press > like normal missions.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:40:25 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2011, 11:07:51 am »

Well I'm learning the ropes but Christ on a cracker everyone elses mech is faster than mine. It's only by sheer luck I managed to get close with ye olde rocket hammer and send them rocketing away. Also, I'm on another storyline mission and since I failed to kill his buddies quickly, he got away, and no one knows where he is. I think I hit a brick wall in terms of story. Also, someone told me to start a mission in the administration building, I'm there and talked to everyone but nothing happened.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31