Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike  (Read 52682 times)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
Re: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2011, 10:09:06 pm »

Id say the puma unless you have a custom warcry. Both are huge steps up from buru buru's though.
Ah ok thanks, got a custom warcry from a story quest. My puma is my starting mecha. So what are custom mechas exactly? Are they just mechas with different parts?

Ha wow this game looks good, going to defiantly check this out.

Also posting to watch.
Ahahahahaha. Sorry couldn't hold my laughter

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:19 am »

They may have special weapons or weapons not usually found on the model. Their parts (arms, legs, etc.) may be lighter than normal versions.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2011, 04:46:09 am »

They may have special weapons or weapons not usually found on the model. Their parts (arms, legs, etc.) may be lighter than normal versions.
Ah ok, so its not possible for me to create a custom mecha out of an ordinary mecha?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2011, 04:56:43 am »

Ah ok, so its not possible for me to create a custom mecha out of an ordinary mecha?

You can customize any mecha as usual; it's just that not all parts are created equal. Stats can differ between different items of the same type.

For example, the average Heavy Gauss Rifle has SPD:1, but a Fortress Savin's HGR is SPD:2.

Also, Custom mechas can be generated with items that are unavailable anywhere else, such as weapons with the "Experimental" attribute.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:02:58 am by Blaze »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:25 am »

You can customize any mecha as usual; it's just that not all parts are created equal. Stats can differ between different items of the same type.

For example, the average Heavy Gauss Rifle has SPD:1, but a Fortress Savin's HGR is SPD:2.

Also, Custom mechas can be generated with items that are unavailable anywhere else, such as weapons with the "Experimental" attribute.
Ah ok cool thanks, they are only available as rewards and enemy mechas right?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2011, 07:02:34 am »

Ah ok cool thanks, they are only available as rewards and enemy mechas right?
Pretty much. Supposedly stores will sell them, but I've never seen them sold. Basically, if you get a mech that isn't salvage, its probably a custom, and rarely will your foes be flying them, and never in mass. Be VERY careful fighting a custom though. Even a custom Buru Buru can be a VERY nasty threat with the right custom weapon.

"Oh look, a custom Buru Buru, how quain WTF LIGHT NUKES WITH HAYWIRE, BLIND, AND ARMORPIERCING!"
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2011, 07:29:40 am »

Supposedly stores will sell them, but I've never seen them sold.
The most likely store(s) to have custom mecha is located in Gaos Spinner, upper level, in the Valhalla arena hall. I'm not sure if it's always available from the start, or if there was a store-creating mission popping up when you've got high enough renown.
You can randomly find a store with a mechanic(seller) dressed in brown overalls, with an unique name(something starting with G., iirc), who sells custom Crihna pirate mechas - custom Corriarhs, Dao Deojis, Harkneys, Bargols etc. I'm not sure if he can be found anywhere, or if only in Theles Spinner's Hovel Manor's hidden store(or any other "pirate" store), as that's where I've found him the last two times I remember.
I think it's entirely possible that some of these are not generated at all, for some characters, either due to pure (bad)luck, or maybe due to the starting proffesion type? - it's supposed to influence some stuff.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2011, 09:42:13 am »

I have a question about Theles Spinner...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:33:54 am by kcwong »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2011, 11:55:52 am »

Did you use the elevator or the door?

On a related question, is it worth it to access the upper levels of theles? I once had the option of buying access for 500k, but that was my entire bankroll at the time and I was hoping to buy a nicer mech then the chameleon.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:56 pm »

Supposedly stores will sell them, but I've never seen them sold.
The most likely store(s) to have custom mecha is located in Gaos Spinner, upper level, in the Valhalla arena hall. I'm not sure if it's always available from the start, or if there was a store-creating mission popping up when you've got high enough renown.
You can randomly find a store with a mechanic(seller) dressed in brown overalls, with an unique name(something starting with G., iirc), who sells custom Crihna pirate mechas - custom Corriarhs, Dao Deojis, Harkneys, Bargols etc. I'm not sure if he can be found anywhere, or if only in Theles Spinner's Hovel Manor's hidden store(or any other "pirate" store), as that's where I've found him the last two times I remember.
I think it's entirely possible that some of these are not generated at all, for some characters, either due to pure (bad)luck, or maybe due to the starting proffesion type? - it's supposed to influence some stuff.

The Cavalier's Club often has a custom mecha store, but it is not guaranteed.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2011, 04:46:58 pm »

Does anyone know if the Sniper talent affects melee attack rolls?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2011, 05:02:30 pm »

It says it affects bonus to single fire rolls, so I would think so, assuming the melee attack doesn't have a BV.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »

I'm either missing some fundamental combat mechanic or experiencing a fairly inane bug.

During personal-scale combat, enemies seem to be dying when I parry their attacks. There's no indication of an attack being made on my part (not on the interface or Ctrl-R), but as soon as I successfully parry, the enemy's replaced by a corpse. I think I'm getting XP for the kills as well.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2011, 09:25:15 pm »

Did you use the elevator or the door?

On a related question, is it worth it to access the upper levels of theles? I once had the option of buying access for 500k, but that was my entire bankroll at the time and I was hoping to buy a nicer mech then the chameleon.

I paid the 500K (it's a small fraction of my bankroll at this point). There's a new area up there, with shops and quests. There's yet another elevator up, and that's where I get the quest I mentioned in the spoiler.

I haven't cracked open the locked door next to the elevator.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »

I'm either missing some fundamental combat mechanic or experiencing a fairly inane bug.

During personal-scale combat, enemies seem to be dying when I parry their attacks. There's no indication of an attack being made on my part (not on the interface or Ctrl-R), but as soon as I successfully parry, the enemy's replaced by a corpse. I think I'm getting XP for the kills as well.
Sometimes the game starts in the bugged mode. Getting a new character usually helps.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31